PDA

View Full Version : 2012's RTTS Registration now OPEN!

Jrock072
02-20-2012, 09:14 AM
If you are interested in participating in American Street Car Series's second annual Run to the Shore, please go to our website and register now! Please remember, spots are not held until payment is received & all payments are final... event will be held rain or shine. Itinerary can also be found on the website: http://americanstreetcarseries.com/?page_id=758. :fingersx:

Protour_Pinto
02-21-2012, 10:19 AM
If Im still unemployed at this time I plan on coming to this event as a spectator. Do you need a hand with anything?

Jrock072
02-21-2012, 03:22 PM
If Im still unemployed at this time I plan on coming to this event as a spectator. Do you need a hand with anything?

Hey! Could you send me your email? We can always use a hand; volunteers are welcome and appreciated! I see you're in CA, are you referring to volunteering at the RTTC event?

71duster
02-21-2012, 05:55 PM
signed up! now if my headers would only come in!

NJSPEEDER
02-21-2012, 08:38 PM
time to start hacking hard on the clunker.

pedro
02-22-2012, 07:05 AM
Few questions about the event:

How late does the karting event run on sunday?

Do you have to bring your own helmet for the Karting event? If so does it have to be SA2005+ or will motorcycle helmet be ok?

Will loaner helmets available for auto-x passengers?

What is the difference between the road course classes???

Thanks
Pete

89cobraysi
02-22-2012, 07:18 PM
I was supposed to go last year and couldn't make it. Looks like I missed a bunch of fun. I am looking forward to this year, already signed up. I do have one question with the seat belt. I have just a lap belt, from a cam lock harness. Will I get through tech with that? I wasn't planning on putting a cage in the car just yet, so I hope I can get away with that belt. If not, what do you recommend? 3 point? Thanks

Dan

ProBell
02-23-2012, 08:27 AM
Signed up.

Yelcamino
02-23-2012, 04:11 PM
I'm signed up!

lotarust
02-24-2012, 03:23 PM
I'm in and can't wait. It will be good to see everyone. I think Kenny Jr. is very excited as well. Lets hope it's a little warmer this year.

Norm Peterson
02-28-2012, 02:28 PM
If you are interested in participating in American Street Car Series's second annual Run to the Shore, please go to our website and register now! Please remember, spots are not held until payment is received & all payments are final... event will be held rain or shine. Itinerary can also be found on the website: http://americanstreetcarseries.com/?page_id=758. :fingersx:
I was looking over on the ASCS forum for this event and I am wondering if the status on autocross passengers in NJ has changed recently. Last I knew as an occasional autocrosser at NJ sites, either the passenger or the driver had to be an instructor, and this may matter to a few folks.

You also have a PM on a separate subject.

Thanks for any help.

Norm

Bill Howell
03-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Guys, the registration is open and we need commitments on this event. We are about half way there of what we really need for this event to break even. Even though we will have the event this year, it may be cancelled next year if we don't get people this year. If you are already signed up, round up a buddy to go with you.
Thanks!

tazzz25906112
03-04-2012, 04:28 PM
You know I'll be there buddy,,, see if I can't stir a few Canadians into the mix...

BonzoHansen
03-04-2012, 06:55 PM
I just registered, check will be in the mail this week. First time auto-x ing so this ought to be good lol. Slow group, please!

Despite living an hour away I think I'll stay down at the hotel with the rest of you so I get there on time Saturday and maybe stay for whatever Saturday night Shenanigans there are. Albert, fill me in on that :)

tazzz25906112
03-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Consider me your semi-lost guide to the good times my friend LOL.... After all this is year two right LOL...

SicMonte
03-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Guys, the registration is open and we need commitments on this event. We are about half way there of what we really need for this event to break even. Even though we will have the event this year, it may be cancelled next year if we don't get people this year. If you are already signed up, round up a buddy to go with you.
Thanks!

I just put this up on my facebook and the other two forums I am a member of...hope some people will come out!!!

sr73bu
03-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Thanks!

Thats sad to hear... Guys if you are on the fence about getting out there and racing your car, come on out!.. Last years event was a blast... its way more about the fun/experience than full on competition.

-Sean

SSninja
03-05-2012, 03:17 AM
Got to be honest, if other people aren't attending, it's probably for the reason that I can't: Easter weekend.

I was this close to booking a hotel for it until I double-checked the dates. Tried "selling" it to the family and that didn't end well.

Hope you guys have a blast!

sr73bu
03-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Got to be honest, if other people aren't attending, it's probably for the reason that I can't: Easter weekend.

I was this close to booking a hotel for it until I double-checked the dates. Tried "selling" it to the family and that didn't end well.

I definitely hear ya there, but as a side note... last year I was home by 6pm on Saturday... Easter Sunday is totally open.... Sunday 4/8/12 is for the go-cart racing only.

-Sean

lvrpool32
03-05-2012, 10:00 AM
I appreciate the effort to set this up Bill, but this event is scheduled for Easter weekend, so you have to expect a lesser turn out than if it where a week later.
Having said that, I'll be there :-)

Norm Peterson
03-05-2012, 10:07 AM
I just registered, check will be in the mail this week. First time auto-x ing so this ought to be good lol. Slow group, please!

Despite living an hour away I think I'll stay down at the hotel with the rest of you so I get there on time Saturday and maybe stay for whatever Saturday night Shenanigans there are. Albert, fill me in on that :)
Last year, the autocross portion of the event was set up and run by South Jersey Region SCCA. All you had to do was ask for a ride-along instructor to give your learning curve a jump-start.

Norm

nicks67camaro
03-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Ok....I'm in...

I'm staying at the Fairfield Inn
301 Bluebird Lane
Millville, NJ 08332
1 856-776-2400

BonzoHansen
03-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Last year, the autocross portion of the event was set up and run by South Jersey Region SCCA. All you had to do was ask for a ride-along instructor to give your learning curve a jump-start.

Norm

I will take all the help I can get!

nicks67camaro
03-05-2012, 05:40 PM
So registered and haven't received an email to pay yet. I tried to register again but says my email needs to be unique. Can anyone help me? Looking to pay just for Saturdays track day.

thanks

sr73bu
03-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Ok....I'm in...

I'm staying at the Fairfield Inn
301 Bluebird Lane
Millville, NJ 08332
1 856-776-2400

Glad to hear you are coming out!... just a heads up, the Host hotel is:

Wingate by Wyndham Vineland

2196 W Landis Ave, Routes 55 (Exit 32A) and 56, Vineland, NJ 08360 US

•Phone:1-856-690-9900
•Fax:1-856-690-5755

Mention the dates and the Pro-touring Event... This was where everyone met before and after the cruise and most stayed there as well... the back parking lot is huge and hidden off the main road...Not sure of the Location of the Fairfield, but there are a few sketchy areas a few miles away...again, just a heads up

-Sean

sr73bu
03-05-2012, 05:48 PM
So registered and haven't received an email to pay yet. I tried to register again but says my email needs to be unique. Can anyone help me? Looking to pay just for Saturdays track day.

thanks

Its probably recognizing your email from registering before??? My email confirmation took a few hours if I remember correctly. PM Bill or the Thread started if it takes longer than a few hours...

-Sean

nicks67camaro
03-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I am using my Marriott points so my stay is free. The Marriott on the map looks like it backs up a wooded area by union lake. Do you know that area at all?

lvrpool32
03-05-2012, 06:00 PM

thanks

I registered this afternoon as well and haven't recieved an email on how to pay yet either.

Nick

Yelcamino
03-05-2012, 07:16 PM
I registered this afternoon as well and haven't recieved an email on how to pay yet either.

Nick

A couple days or so after I registered I got an email from Jess Howell with my total due and instructions how to pay via paypal or check.

SicMonte
03-05-2012, 07:48 PM
yeah it took about a day for me to get my email.

and let me tell you...having the instructor in the car is awesome!!

Sean and Herb: we need to have a three way autoX race saturday afternoon...just for fun! I can't compete on the road course but I can on the autoX!!

nicks67camaro
03-06-2012, 07:33 AM
I just got the email.....Money sent, parts on order, I have a couple upgrades and some service items to do on my car.

This is going to be fun!

tommycomfort
03-06-2012, 07:45 AM
Registered, paid and hotel booked (host). Only a handful of things to sort out on the 66 as usual before an event. We can't wait!
Tom

lvrpool32
03-08-2012, 06:46 AM
Piad and hotel booked....

Norm Peterson
03-13-2012, 03:40 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I am using my Marriott points so my stay is free. The Marriott on the map looks like it backs up a wooded area by union lake. Do you know that area at all?
Looks like there's going to be at least a couple of us at the Fairfield. My wife booked us a room there over a month ago, I finally got around to my part (helmet, registration) yesterday.

The Fairfield is off by itself a little distance off the main road, and there isn't much to see from it except Rte 55 on the one side and trees everywhere else. Drove past it last weekend, as we were down that way.

Norm

nicks67camaro
03-13-2012, 04:35 AM
Sounds good. I'll be bringing my car down on my brothers truck and trailer. If we need to do some creative boxing in for added security I can help.

Now all I need to do is fix my head stud, install my new steering box, pump, and rear disc brakes how many days till RTTS? HA!

Yelcamino
03-13-2012, 06:15 AM
Since this might be my last event for a while, I'm planning on taking it easy and just having fun. My preps will include washing the winter storage dust off the Elky and checking fluids, maybe a little country road test drive to make sure everything is still in working order. :)

SicMonte
03-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Since this might be my last event for a while, I'm planning on taking it easy and just having fun. My preps will include washing the winter storage dust off the Elky and checking fluids, maybe a little country road test drive to make sure everything is still in working order. :)

Why is this going to be your last event for a while? Everything ok buddy?

sr73bu
03-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Hey guys... I hear the count is still pretty low for this event... In order to have another event next year, Bill needs to have more east coast guys commit!...

I a made quick flyer that everyone can pass along, copy and post on any other forum that may show interest in this event... Again, we need guys to register if we want this event to come back to NJ for years to come....Hope this helps...

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/03/rttsflyer-1.jpg

-Sean

Yelcamino
03-16-2012, 07:45 PM
Why is this going to be your last event for a while? Everything ok buddy?

It's all good Doug, I'm retiring from the CG in June. Following that, we're planning to relocate to the Pensacola Florida area. Selling/buying houses, moving and all the stuff that goes with it might prevent us from doing car stuff this year. I figure if we do the RTTS event, we can at least see some of our friends once more before the chaos starts. Who knows, everything may go smoother than expected and we'll be able to hit some other events later in the year, like RTTH!

cpstang24
03-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Im in registered and paid.. getting a last minute tune done on the cobra and have ti get a helmet now too.

Mike Holleman
03-17-2012, 05:37 AM
You guys need to do RTOS in May. I know you don't like camping(Linda says anywhere with less than 4 stars is camping). But you will love this track. Anyway, I'll see you in Jersey.
Mike
It's all good Doug, I'm retiring from the CG in June. Following that, we're planning to relocate to the Pensacola Florida area. Selling/buying houses, moving and all the stuff that goes with it might prevent us from doing car stuff this year. I figure if we do the RTTS event, we can at least see some of our friends once more before the chaos starts. Who knows, everything may go smoother than expected and we'll be able to hit some other events later in the year, like RTTH!

SicMonte
03-17-2012, 06:31 AM

Well good luck with the move and everything! Gonna miss you buddy!

gsxrken
03-17-2012, 06:41 AM
Great poster. I just cross-posted this event and your poster to Vintage-Mustang, Corner-Carvers, and 69Stang forums.
I am iffy to participate due to my still recovering eye surgery. I see my MD again on April 2 for a hopeful clearance but it's unlikely. I will be coming down with my car in either case to hang out, help out, and photograph.

Hey guys... I hear the count is still pretty low for this event... In order to have another event next year, Bill needs to have more east coast guys commit!...

I a made quick flyer that everyone can pass along, copy and post on any other forum that may show interest in this event... Again, we need guys to register if we want this event to come back to NJ for years to come....Hope this helps...

-Sean

sr73bu
03-17-2012, 03:44 PM
^ Thanks Ken!... whether you're there racing or just to hangout.. I can't wait to see that Mach 1 in person!

-Sean

sr73bu
03-21-2012, 07:46 PM

-Sean

The weather this year in NJ is looking much better... we are already seeing 70-80* temps... Lets hope this weather stays around for April 6th...

How is the head count looking Bill? any more people sign up since the flyer has been passed around?

-Sean

Yelcamino
03-22-2012, 05:54 AM
You guys need to do RTOS in May. I know you don't like camping(Linda says anywhere with less than 4 stars is camping). But you will love this track. Anyway, I'll see you in Jersey.
Mike

RTOS is still up in the air Mike. Gotta see what happens with the house/move first. At the moment, we're really looking forward to RTTS and seeing you and everyone else!

67ragtp
03-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Is this event open to spectators, would like to come down and check it out? I went to the web site but didnt find anything on spectator's. Will probably bring my car next year, want to get a roll bar in it first.

Thanks Rich

68sixspeed
03-24-2012, 05:22 PM

-Sean

Awesome job on the poster.

But it doesnt help that this event is really early in the year, actually before the season really gets going for the northeast normally. Also putting it on Easter weekend was not a good move IMO. I hope it happens again next year, preferably at a better time of the year. Last year we drove through snow for the first 2 hours. -Dan

HELLCAMINO
03-27-2012, 12:24 AM
Am I reading that correctly.......$225 just for Saturday? Looks like a fun time, but a little too rich for my wallet. Besides, I've been spending enough lately trying to get my Chevelle back on the road.

tommycomfort
03-27-2012, 04:17 AM
Does anyone know whether we are running "Lightning" or "Thunderbolt" (both named after WWII aircraft which is cool)? I would at least like to look at a track map before showing up...
Tom

Edit: I found out that we are running Lightning on the track website.

lotarust
03-28-2012, 03:01 PM
Tommy, glad to see you guys coming. To learn the track you can go to You Tube and look for some in car video.If you find a good one (and there are a few) watch a few times and it'll grow on ya!

Norm Peterson
03-28-2012, 05:09 PM
Post #42 here (http://www.njstangers.org/forum/ford-enthusiasts-track-events-meets-130/who-wants-go-road-racing-njmp-8979-3.html) links a video that was taken at RTTS 2011.

Norm

81blacktiez28
03-29-2012, 05:49 PM
All registered looking forward to another fun time. Is anyone staying at the holiday inn?

SSninja
03-30-2012, 05:49 AM

I retract my earlier statement:

I'll be heading down with Brian Lohnes from Bangshift.com to help cover the event! :twothumbs

Can't wait!

SicMonte
03-30-2012, 06:40 AM
I retract my earlier statement:

I'll be heading down with Brian Lohnes from Bangshift.com to help cover the event! :twothumbs

Can't wait!

ok...if you're lucky I'll give you an exclusive interview...lol.

SSninja
03-30-2012, 10:36 AM
ok...if you're lucky I'll give you an exclusive interview...lol.

I'll make sure to bring my lucky rabbit's foot. :)

sr73bu
03-30-2012, 02:26 PM
The forcast for late next week into the weekend is looking Partly Sunny and 65*!!!.... much better than last year's Snow/35*...lol

See everyone next week...can't wait!

-Sean

NJSPEEDER
03-30-2012, 04:55 PM
Can't wait. Been on the countdown for a month now. How many cars do we have participating?

Yelcamino
03-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Does anyone know whether we are running "Lightning" or "Thunderbolt" (both named after WWII aircraft which is cool)? I would at least like to look at a track map before showing up...
Tom

Edit: I found out that we are running Lightning on the track website.

Tom, here's my vid from last year...

hPXg2PlxIic

SicMonte
03-30-2012, 08:47 PM
well...I blew my trans up tonight.

Now I have to put my "spare" in....this should be fun.

71duster
03-31-2012, 05:07 AM
that sucks! i have had some last minute issues myself the last couple weeks. hope you get it going!

SicMonte
03-31-2012, 09:10 PM
My new "spare" trans (200r4) is in...took 6 hours to swap it out!

Mike Holleman
04-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Good deal Doug. Glad it happened before you got to NJ. See you there.
Mike

Yelcamino
04-01-2012, 07:48 AM

Cool! Glad to hear you got it going!

71duster
04-01-2012, 04:22 PM

cool! ends up,the wife wants to leave wed. night after i get off work. we should be there early afternnon thursday. we are looking forward to meeting you guys. the weather looks to be really nice also!

NJSPEEDER
04-01-2012, 09:27 PM
cool! ends up,the wife wants to leave wed. night after i get off work. we should be there early afternnon thursday. we are looking forward to meeting you guys. the weather looks to be really nice also!

Coming North from TN I will tell you right now to ignore your GPS. It will tell you to take 66 to move east but that puts you right through all of the DC/Maryland traffic and sucks royally. If you follow 81 North all the way to Carlisle PA and take the PA Turnpike East into NJ it will cost you some tolls and it is a few more miles but it will end up saving you time and headaches. You can cruise at 70-75mph and the cops won't even look up and it is all open highway with plenty of truck stops to grab food and fuel.

I've been back and forth to Memphis and Nashville a few times and I learned the hard way coming home the first time.

ProBell
04-02-2012, 02:38 AM
What time and where are we meeting on Friday? I am trying to plan my work week. Thanks Randy

Mike Holleman
04-02-2012, 06:07 AM
Randy, All the itinerary shows is 5:00PM at the track for dinner. But I also remember seeing somewhere that they wanted to tech cars Fri to avoid a bottleneck Sat. morn. It would be nice if someone official would chime in and tell us if this will also take place after 5. Enquiring minds want to know.
What time and where are we meeting on Friday? I am trying to plan my work week. Thanks Randy

nicks67camaro
04-02-2012, 06:22 AM
I am off all day Friday. I'm planning on heading down mid morning maybe get there late afternoon? I didn't do the track side dinner but can meet up or do tech on Friday night.

SicMonte
04-02-2012, 06:26 AM
so...who is doing the "limited" class and who is doing the "unlimited" class?

Me...I'll prob do the limited class so I can keep an eye on Kim. This will be her first time on a road course. =)

btw...we will be there thursday afternoon.

nicks67camaro
04-02-2012, 07:19 AM
I'm running the limited class for the same reasons: first time road course.

Also will we have access to this skid pad and how will the autocross work can you run both road and auto cross?

sr73bu
04-02-2012, 09:03 AM
I'm running the limited class for the same reasons: first time road course.

Also will we have access to this skid pad and how will the autocross work can you run both road and auto cross?

Nick, last year, and probably this year too, they had 4 groups of cars... two groups did the Road course while the other two either ran or worked the cones on the autocross... after both groups ran, we swapped tracks. I know you are staying at a different hotel, but everyone meets at the host hotel (Wingate) around 1 or so then cruises to the dinner..

Last year I think we met up around 2 or 3 to discuss everything... I'll be there around Noon on Friday, I think thats when most guys were showing up at the host hotel.. i'm pretty sure I checked-in to the hotel early too.

Any details on the "cruise" or exactly when we need to be at the host hotel???

Weather is looking great btw.. Sunny Mid 60's both days!! i'm pumped for Friday/Saturday!!

-Sean

Yelcamino
04-02-2012, 09:15 AM
We'll be there sometime Thursday night, so keep an eye open for the big yellow banana! Since the Elky only has standard 3 point seat belts, it will be in the limited class.

Mike Holleman
04-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Herb, Linda and I are leaving early on Thursday and taking the scenic route up the coast. Not sure what time we will roll in but should be around 5/6. Call my cell Thursday and let me know what time to look for you guys. And I will be trailering this event so I will have tools and equipment at the track.
We'll be there sometime Thursday night, so keep an eye open for the big yellow banana! Since the Elky only has standard 3 point seat belts, it will be in the limited class.

pedro
04-02-2012, 09:59 AM

Me...I'll prob do the limited class so I can keep an eye on Kim. This will be her first time on a road course. =)

As long as there is some kind of passing rules like an HPDE I will do unlimited....

Hopefully be there around three, although with only 2800miles on the camaro and this being the longest trip to date I will just be happy to get there in one piece.

Pete

Yelcamino
04-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Herb, Linda and I are leaving early on Thursday and taking the scenic route up the coast. Not sure what time we will roll in but should be around 5/6. Call my cell Thursday and let me know what time to look for you guys. And I will be trailering this event so I will have tools and equipment at the track.

Cool! It's been a while, Carol and I are looking forward to seeing Linda with you!

SicMonte
04-02-2012, 10:44 AM
I will be trailering my car up there and to the track as well. We will have all the tools you could need...jack...jack stands...etc.

If you all get there on thursday night pm me with you cell numbers.

nicks67camaro
04-02-2012, 11:17 AM
Same here I'll have a good set up with the trailer truck and tools.

tommycomfort
04-02-2012, 11:22 AM
This is making me feel a little more secure since Sam and I will be driving the Chevelle 12 hours from Indy on Thursday with as many tools as we can fit in the trunk.
Hopefully getting to the host hotel around 7pm.

71duster
04-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Coming North from TN I will tell you right now to ignore your GPS. It will tell you to take 66 to move east but that puts you right through all of the DC/Maryland traffic and sucks royally. If you follow 81 North all the way to Carlisle PA and take the PA Turnpike East into NJ it will cost you some tolls and it is a few more miles but it will end up saving you time and headaches. You can cruise at 70-75mph and the cops won't even look up and it is all open highway with plenty of truck stops to grab food and fuel.

I've been back and forth to Memphis and Nashville a few times and I learned the hard way coming home the first time.

thanks. i have some buddies that have driven that route a bunch and they told me to go the same way. i sure as hell don't want to go through DC with all the mooley heads pulling a big gooseneck! see you there! we will probably have the only duster there,as usual!

71duster
04-02-2012, 05:58 PM

i am hoping to do the unlimited this time around. i had to move up in nashville last year after i started in the novice group because they just weren't going fast enough. lol.

Mike Holleman
04-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Oh come on. You know that Rat Packers Fear Nuthin'. See you Thursday.

This is making me feel a little more secure since Sam and I will be driving the Chevelle 12 hours from Indy on Thursday with as many tools as we can fit in the trunk.
Hopefully getting to the host hotel around 7pm.

SSninja
04-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Nevermind, found it: http://americanstreetcarseries.com/?page_id=808

71duster
04-03-2012, 04:57 PM
we leave tomorrow evening! i may pee my pants!!lol!

RS_Customs
04-03-2012, 05:13 PM
we leave tomorrow evening! i may pee my pants!!lol!

You might wanna see the Doc about that............ lol

Robert

71duster
04-03-2012, 06:10 PM
already did. he said it was perfectly normal. for a man my age. what do you think he meant by that? lol!

Mike Holleman
04-04-2012, 08:43 AM
I just got an email from Jess that said they would be running tech Friday evening in hopes of avoiding a long line Sat. morning.
Randy, All the itinerary shows is 5:00PM at the track for dinner. But I also remember seeing somewhere that they wanted to tech cars Fri to avoid a bottleneck Sat. morn. It would be nice if someone official would chime in and tell us if this will also take place after 5. Enquiring minds want to know.

nicks67camaro
04-05-2012, 04:28 AM
I didn't get an email I assume they will still tech Saturday morning for those who got in late Friday night?

Yelcamino
04-05-2012, 05:48 AM
I didn't get an email I assume they will still tech Saturday morning for those who got in late Friday night?

They should tech on Saturday morning. The Friday night tech should speed things up nicely!

BonzoHansen
04-05-2012, 06:09 AM
Parade laps at 4pm

ProBell
04-05-2012, 07:22 AM
I have some friends that will be in the area on Saturday and want to stop by and see the cars with the kids. Is their a charge to go into the track? Is their a age restriction?

NJSPEEDER
04-05-2012, 06:38 PM

I will be in limited. Too many hours at the office to get everything I wanted done. Maybe next year.

Norm Peterson
04-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Limited here as well.

Norm

IMPREZvWRX
04-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Would it be possible for someone to send me the registration list? I want to clean up the autocross results for posting them. The times are all good, but the names and car models are a mess. If we have the opportunity to work with you again, we should probably have the reg list beforehand to speed up the transitions between run groups.

Thanks for having us. I had a blast!

Morgan
04-08-2012, 07:19 AM
Chris,

I thought you guys did a great job and that the autocross ran really smoothly. Thanks for helping make the event a success.

IMPREZvWRX
04-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Chris,

I thought you guys did a great job and that the autocross ran really smoothly. Thanks for helping make the event a success.

Thanks for the kind words. I can't stress enough how much fun I had yesterday, especially during the start stop challenge. (What was that actually called?) :cheers:

Here are the results from the autocross portion of the day. (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14161857/RTTS/2012/RTTS_2012_Autocross.htm) Cleaned them up best I could. Let me know if I missed anything.

BonzoHansen
04-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Thanks for posting that. I beat Vito, fuggetaboutit!

SicMonte
04-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the kind words. I can't stress enough how much fun I had yesterday, especially during the start stop challenge. (What was that actually called?) :cheers:

Here are the results from the autocross portion of the day. (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14161857/RTTS/2012/RTTS%202012%20Autocross.htm) Cleaned them up best I could. Let me know if I missed anything.

I'm Doug Lutes and I wasn't in a Mustang lol. I really wasn't in anything to be 100% correct...more on that later.

So Kim Dubit didn't get a timed run? She only got three laps (along with all of group 1) and she was in the 38's. Any idea?

IMPREZvWRX
04-08-2012, 09:10 PM
I'm Doug Lutes and I wasn't in a Mustang lol. I really wasn't in anything to be 100% correct...more on that later.

So Kim Dubit didn't get a timed run? She only got three laps (along with all of group 1) and she was in the 38's. Any idea?

Link updated. Looks like the software didn't update the results when the car numbers were straightened out on the first go around, but should be in order now. If I missed anything else let me know.

Also added the individual runs here as well. (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14161857/RTTS/2012/RTTS_2012_Autocross_Final.htm)

nicks67camaro
04-09-2012, 04:10 AM
Thanks for the link. I'm glad to see my times go better as i ran more.....

Morgan
04-09-2012, 05:52 AM

Here are the results from the autocross portion of the day. (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14161857/RTTS/2012/RTTS%202012%20Autocross.htm) Cleaned them up best I could. Let me know if I missed anything.

I can't get this link to work, am I missing something?

IMPREZvWRX
04-09-2012, 06:07 AM
I can't get this link to work, am I missing something?

It's fixed. I took the spaces out of the file name to make it more web friendly, but I just copied the file and have it available both ways now. Any of the links here should work now. Sorry for the confusion.

Morgan
04-09-2012, 06:20 AM
It's fixed. I took the spaces out of the file name to make it more web friendly, but I just copied the file and have it available both ways now. Any of the links here should work now. Sorry for the confusion.

Cool, thanks Chris. Not that it has anything to do with you but I'm guessing Bill will make some sort of adjustment and provide results removing those who had less than 200 treadwear tires.

IMPREZvWRX
04-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Cool, thanks Chris. Not that it has anything to do with you but I'm guessing Bill will make some sort of adjustment and provide results removing those who had less than 200 treadwear tires.
That's a bummer. Had I known tires made a difference, we could have done two separate classes. For SCCA events, we've started using 'street' tire classes to level the playing field and use a multiplier to mix the groups back together for comparison.

There's always next year. Third time's a charm, right?

Jrock072
04-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Offical ASCS results from RTTS will be posted on americanstreetcarseries.com. We do not qualify those who choose to run on less than 220 TW tires... They should be posted very soon!

Yelcamino
04-09-2012, 10:58 AM
Offical ASCS results from RTTS will be posted on americanstreetcarseries.com. We do not qualify those who choose to run on less than 220 TW tires... They should be posted very soon!

220? I thought the minimum was 200?

SicMonte
04-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Link updated. Looks like the software didn't update the results when the car numbers were straightened out on the first go around, but should be in order now. If I missed anything else let me know.

Also added the individual runs here as well. (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14161857/RTTS/2012/RTTS_2012_Autocross_Final.htm)

almost got it right!! I was number 19 but my 1988 Monte Carlo SS wasn't out there. I broke down early friday morning. The little civic hatch back had a taped on "19" on it...im guessing that was the person you thought I was. The guy in the civic was one of the SCCA workers doing pleasure runs Im sure.

Just throwing this out there. I think that next year it should be a "paid entrant" only autox. I know for a fact that group 1 only got three laps on the autox...and we were waiting quite a while for some SCCA worker cars to get off the course during our run groups time. The guy at the starting line seemed to be working in a SCCA worker car between each of our cars. Just wanted to bring this to attention.

vette427-sbc
04-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Just throwing this out there. I think that next year it should be a "paid entrant" only autox. I know for a fact that group 1 only got three laps on the autox...and we were waiting quite a while for some SCCA worker cars to get off the course during our run groups time. The guy at the starting line seemed to be working in a SCCA worker car between each of our cars. Just wanted to bring this to attention.

While I was in the group that only got 3 runs, I think it was only fair that the SCCA workers get at least some runs... They were volunteering their time to help us out, and did a great job. Ill agree with you though, the people in group 3 did get shorted runs, and that probably effected those that were trying to compete for a top lap time.

The one "suggestion" Ill give for future events is to not let the groups go out all at once on the road course. Last year they gapped everyone, and it kept everyone off of each others asses during the first few laps. For some reason this year they didnt do that and it caused some VERY close calls:

IMPREZvWRX
04-09-2012, 02:08 PM
I'll agree with both of you. We'd have a hard time getting anyone out without seat time in exchange, but your group should absolutely have priority. I think next year, having the registration list, run groups, and schedule beforehand would get the first group on course in a more timely manner. This would allow us to determine how many runs should be counted for competition and any time left over is for fun. Ideally, all of the runs would be for points, but factors like worker turnover times play a major role in the productivity of the day.

I would also like your guys to have the opportunity to walk the course at least once. Knowing the course is key. Being able to pay more attention to car control and less attention on reading the course makes you that much faster.

Again, if there's anything we can do to make it more enjoyable or more fair, please let us know. Personally, I look forward to RTTS because you folks are such a fantastic crowd. Hopefully sooner or later I'll have a more appropriate car. :)

gsxrken
04-09-2012, 07:01 PM
almost got it right!! I was number 19 but my 1988 Monte Carlo SS wasn't out there. I broke down early friday .

Douglas, what happened to the monte? I couldnt get it together this year, but i know you were spending and thrashing like no one else to get back to RTTS. I recall you were getting a trailer too, so where did the car break down? Poor guy!

SicMonte
04-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Douglas, what happened to the monte? I couldnt get it together this year, but i know you were spending and thrashing like no one else to get back to RTTS. I recall you were getting a trailer too, so where did the car break down? Poor guy!

check out my thread