PDA

View Full Version : 72 Camaro BEAUTIFUL Black Beast Whats it Worth?

joelb114
02-20-2012, 04:55 AM
Wonder what you guys think this car is worth?
The car is beautiful and ready to drive, and I think it could be an excellent opportunity for one of you guys to get into a nice car without all the hassles and expense of starting from scratch......
An LsX swap and bigger brakes and this thing would be awesome!
I thinking around $25k
Let me know what you think.
Thanks Guys

Below r the details

72 Camaro

406 full roller motor w/ alum heads, 10.5:1 comp, 280 Comp Cam hyd roller &
New Raptor 700r4 tranny and converter; maybe 200 miles
Smooth firewall, beautiful engine compartment, polished stainless tri-y headers
Posi disc rear w/ 3.73's
New Centerlines and Dunlops... front 18x8 rears 18x11
Big sway bars, lowered coils and leafs
Laser straight black paint w/ subtle stripes, sanded polished absolutely flat, no dents, scratches, or bubbles
3" exhaust w/ chrome megaphones frenched into rear valance
shaved handles, bumpers
custom interior, aluminum trim, Recaros, finished trunk

I've had it for 25 years. This car had almost no rust, 1 tiny patch in lower left front fender; floors, rockers, trunk all original. I put cherry doors on it w/ new hinges, and replaced left 1/4 with new one because of previous owner damage. It was completely stripped and redone with the best products Sikkens had, it then sat in storage for a couple years before it was sanded and polished flat. I put Sikkens BSR (Better Scratch Resistant) clear that they made for high end cars, its harder, and it polished so smooth and flat it looks like lacquer.
Since the repaint, the car maybe has 500 miles on it, I just put a new 700r4 and converter ,the new 406sb motor was professionally built, steel crank, 10.5 forged pistons, 280 CompCams hydraulic roller , Bill Mitchell alum heads, gear drive, holley 650, elec. ign, etc.... Should be puttin out 400-450hp. The motor and trans have less than 200 miles. New 18" Centerlines and Dunlops. I just had my hotrodder mechanic go thru it, tuned and serviced it; so it runs great and handles like a slot car.
I never thought I'd part with the car, but I recently moved back to run the family farm and the dirt roads and enviroment make keeping it senseless. It is sitting in my enclosed trailer inside the shop.

I'm in NE Colorado
970 520 1169

brandonc707
02-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Nice ride! I don't think $25k is unreasonable........... I have also had mine for 25 years and would HATE to see it go :(
GLWS

srh3trinity
02-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Nice looking car. Seems like a reasonable price, but you are going to have to find the right person that wants a car with stripes.

badazz81z28
02-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Looks like a nice car, Is $25K your investment? I don't think you can get quite that much out of it. The stripe is a slight turn off... ~$15K-$20K to the right person would be my guess. At $25K I feel you will be waiting for quite a while.