PDA

View Full Version : Another Perry story

Rileys68Camaro
02-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Not my title, but it works.

* Date of initial transaction.
* Sponsor Vendor / Non-Sponsor Vendor / Private Seller (select one) - Followed by Vendor / Private Seller Name
* Material / Service Purchased.
* Method of payment.
* Promised Delivery Date
* Actual Delivery Date
* Very Satisfied / Satisfied / Unsatisfied (select one)

Card was charged Dec 29th. Was notified Ride Tech wasn't taking orders until after the first of the year. Okay.
PTS
Ride Tech front end parts, upper and lower arms, coil-overs and spindles.
VISA Debit Card
No promised delivery date, but very little communication regarding delivery times etc
No delivery
Unsatisfied

Now after reading the other thread, I'm very upset. I've had very little communication from Perry, mostly initiated by me on the status of my order, and lately it's been 2-3 business days before I get a response. I've tried email, PM, and phone. I didn't want to post here but for the lack of communication with PTS.

I ordered some parts back at the end of December, and was told Ride Tech is not taking orders until a few days into the first. Okay. Check back, the parts are back ordered. Okay, then no updates. I called around the 2nd or 3rd of Feb and was promised a tracking number for the parts on Monday, Feb 6th. Nothing. Called, emailed and left PM's after hours on Wed the 8th. At that time, I canceled the order and asked for a full refund. It had been three business days in which I did not receive the promised tracking number. No reply until Friday afternoon on the 10th. Missed the call, but was told my refund would be processed promptly. Monday the 13th, I get a call from Perry stating my parts are in. At this point, I continued to insist on a cancel and refund. At this point, that seemed too convenient, it was turning into one of the "next week" stories that are all too common in this industry. As well, since he called me the 13th to tell me the parts were in, I'm not sure he had a tracking number to provide me on the 6th as promised. Maybe it was a tracking number from Ride Tech to him, but regardless it doesn't mesh.

Last week, I was fairly upset with both PTS and Ride Tech, and so I called Ride Tech to get there side of the back order situation. At this point, I had told Perry that I did not wish to support Ride Tech either as I felt I there were some issues going on but I did not know where the issue was. When I called, Darrin at Ride Tech told me that since the time I placed my order with PTS and last week when I spoke with him, that they had had the parts in stock. He did state they had a back order issue, but the parts had come in since. So, I'm pretty happy with the customer service I've received and had am continuing to receive from Ride Tech.

So, at this point, I have no parts, no refund and have a very difficult time getting in touch with PTS. I called my bank to check, and they said 7-10 days before they would expect I'd have the refund so now am at least out another week to give the system time to work. That will make 7 weeks, I think, from the time I placed my order to being able to go through the bank for help if this is not resolved.

A few things I've learned, and relearned from this experience. One, verify stock before ordering. Two, cancel all back ordered parts immediately. Three, always use a credit card card, not a debit card, which I knew better but thought I'd be okay this time.

Parts ordered were:
Upper and lower Strong Arms
Non-adjustable coil-overs, upgraded a few days after the initial order to single adjustable (In fairness, I have not been charged the upgrade, but I don't have either parts)
Spindles

Edit to make sure I included the required details and tone it down a touch.

parsonsj
02-17-2012, 05:02 PM
I've moved Thomas' post here into its own thread.

Just a reminder: read the rules for posting in the feedback forum. They are different, and designed to allow customers and vendors space to have a discussion without others jumping in.

Rileys68Camaro
03-02-2012, 02:50 PM
As of today at 1430 MST, the phones are both disconnected. I also did a search, and on Corvette Forums, there are issues as well.

Rileys68Camaro
05-22-2012, 09:05 AM
The CC dispute is finally resolved as of 2 weeks ago so at least I have my money back. I hope to reorder direct from Ride Tech shortly.