PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Ca.

K_Labs
02-15-2012, 02:10 PM
Hey every1. New guy here from Ca. I have 2 mustangs and I have alot of questions. The first one which is my DD is a 94 cobra and I would like to eventually start taking it to the track. It has a few mods and handles pretty decent. My 1st question is what do I need to get on the track besides a helmet and a 4 point harness? (just a fun track day @ big willow or streets not competition) The second is a project car 1968 gt fastback. I am goin to start restoring it. I would like to do the suspension first and I know absolutely nothing about the subject. I want to stick w/ the original 390 block a tad bid hopped up but I was told it's too heavy up front to corner well.

SLO_Z28
02-15-2012, 07:52 PM
Welcome to the site. You want to look for a NASA HPDE 1 event to get started in track days, this is an instructor led lap session and is generally inexpensive and safe. For the 68 Mustang I would give the guys at Maier Racing a call, theyre up in hayward and know how to make a mustang handle amazing with quality american parts at a reasonable price.

J-440
02-16-2012, 05:39 PM
A company called Spectre Performance had a wicked fastback in Hot Rod a few issues back. They make carbon fiber parts for old Stangs ike yours. Check em out.

79-TA
02-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Hey, welcome to the site. The 4 point harness isn't even necessary for track days, but not a bad idea either. Add good brake fluid and decent brake pads and get out there. For an autox, just take your car out as it is.