PDA

View Full Version : Car and Driver tally for this weekend's clinic?

KrisHorton
07-11-2005, 01:58 PM
So is there a final or near final tally of who will be in attendance and what cars will be at Buttonwillow this weekend? I'm anxious to go. It's my first time at the track, so I'll be driving my Mustang and not the Chevelle. I'm leaving the Chevelle up to my dad since he has experience in high performance driving. Should be a lot of fun and it'll be cool meeting everyone or seeing some of you again!

Kris

CarlC
07-11-2005, 02:44 PM
With you and your dad, that makes me #3.

KrisHorton
07-11-2005, 02:48 PM
So far it's:

Kris - 05 Mustang GT
Tim - 71 Chevelle
Carl - 68 Camaro

I'll update as I find out more.

Kris

Mean 69
07-11-2005, 03:23 PM
Vince probably has a really good estimate of who will be there, he has been keeping really close ties on this. Might be good to keep this in the "Bachelor's Party" thread, but that's up to Vince.

Also, it is probably a decent idea to have a "driver," and "non-driver tally," at least in close estimates, so we have enough food for everyone.

KrisHorton
07-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Good points.. I know there should be at least one non-driver coming with us too.

Kris

yody
07-11-2005, 09:12 PM
unfortunately i didn't make the deadline, my car won't be finished for another month, but i will be there heckling..

Matt@RFR
07-11-2005, 09:17 PM
3 non-drivers here. Somebody should organise this....I'm pretty sure that's the 3rd time I've said that.

KrisHorton
07-11-2005, 09:27 PM
Anyone trustworthy wanna pay 100 bucks and be my co-driver? Just a thought. Might retract that offer based on who speaks up though. :smoke:

Kris

MrQuick
07-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Hey guys, here is the list I have please let me know and I will add info:
Racing:
Vince Ortiz 84 Camaro
Mark M 69 Camaro
Carl C 68 Camaro
Dennis T 68 ElCamino
Brian
Alcino A. 76 Mustang II Cobra
Steve
Dave (Orng69) 69 Chevelle
DaveZ28 68 Camaro Z-28??
Brian Jablonski 04 Z06
Troy 03 Z06
Lyle Beckwith 03 Mini Cooper
Pascual T. 04 SRT 4
Kris Horton 05 Mustang
Mr Tim Horton 72 Chevelle
Watching:
Allen Ortega cheerleader camera operator
Cody B. cheerleader
Matt
Matts dad
Katz Tsubai
Ron Tomm
Brian D.

zbugger
07-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Hey Kris, umm.... Me? I promise to be nice.... I swear!!!

Orngcrush69
07-12-2005, 10:41 AM
Move Davezz28 to watching, not going to be able to get the car ready in time.

Larry Callahan
07-12-2005, 11:20 AM
You guys should use the roll call option on our calendar. It makes it easy to keep track of people attending an event.

If I wasn't going to be out of town I'd love to be there!

Matt@RFR
07-12-2005, 11:32 AM
Ok, go to the calender, find the 16th and mouse over the two "Vince's batchelor party (BuRP)...One will say drivers, the other sais spectators. I don't think this has been used yet, so we'll see how it works.

MrQuick
07-12-2005, 02:23 PM
im slow, wheres the calender?

Ralph LoGrasso
07-12-2005, 02:34 PM
In the red toolbar up top. It's to the right of the User CP.

Mean 69
07-12-2005, 02:43 PM
Okay, I counted 22 folks, give or take. I bought 18 sirloin burgers, half a dozen chicken breasts, 12 bratwurst, and 12 italian sausages. Bread for all too, I'll bring mustard and ketchup. We should be reasonably well fed for lunch on Saturday as a result. If anyone wants to bring some chips or other crap, that would be great. I have some water and a few sodas, and some adult beverages for after the event, but liquids are something we probably won't have too much of, so bring more.

How many guys are coming from San Diego/LA, and when are you travelling? I am planning on leaving around 9:00 AM on Friday in hopes to get to the track well before the afternoon practice session is over, and looks like CarlC might be leaving around the same time. It would be cool to caravan if possible to keep an eye for each other, I am trailering my car, and so is Carl. I wouldn't suggest listing cell numbers on the net, but if you'd like, PM myself and Carl. I am not terribly organized, so please don't look to me to pull it all together, but I'll do what I can to help anyone out. Looks like I5 is the route I'll be taking, most likely meeting up with Carl in the Glendale area.

M

alcino
07-12-2005, 03:06 PM
I'm coming from san diego(well actually Lakeside).

Where exactly(city/area of sandiego) is this 9am leave location so I can plan accordingly? Traffic probably is going to be a killer for me at that time going west.

Anyone got room on their trailer? Didn't think so.

PMed Mark and Carl my Cell#

Alcino

CarlC
07-12-2005, 08:53 PM
I bought 18 sirloin burgers, half a dozen chicken breasts, 12 bratwurst, and 12 italian sausages. Bread for all too, I'll bring mustard and ketchup. We should be reasonably well fed for lunch on Saturday as a result.

I am planning on leaving around 9:00 AM on Friday.

Looks like I5 is the route I'll be taking, most likely meeting up with Carl in the Glendale area.

M

Who's "We"? What's everyone else gonna eat? :drool: I'm working on something we have on jobs that tastes really good during the summer months.

That timing is excellent for me. If you would like to meet at my home that's fine. Just let me know.

MrQuick
07-12-2005, 09:25 PM
Hey found the calander...it doesn't show on the browser at work. Mark that sounds good, Im bringing a case of 1.5L water bottles, chips, 2 coolers cookies, 24 HB paddies and rice. Hey I gotta have my LoCo MoKo bra! Just to let you guys know they serve us lunch, its part of the deal. I don't think anyone will go hungry.

I got the car running, stops GREAT! but the rears are making a scraping noise, forgot to glue the pads on. I will get on that tomorrow. Then finish the strut support bar.