PDA

View Full Version : Tired of getting ripped off by vendors

Doug1
02-13-2012, 05:33 AM
The last year has been unbelievable as far as losing money to vendors who don't come through. I lost 2 classic cars to theives who apparently had them crushed. One was supposed to be painting a numbers matching car for me. He got into drugs and had every car at his shop towed to the crusher for drug money. Warrants have been issued for his arrest so he'll be going to jail. The other car is not even of interest to the police. My brother had it stored at his shop and he reported it stolen. The police told him they would let him know if it showed up on the crushed car list after the fact. You'd think they would send the list to salavage yards showing the stolen cars VIN.

Now I am having problems getting a refund from a vendor who shall remain anonymous. I've spent a lot of money with them and EVERY order took much longer than it should have. Several times I spoke with the manufactures only to find out an order had not been placed and it was months after the fact.

Now I can't even get the merchandise or a refund for some Cobra Misano seats I ordred LAST MARCH. I've been promised a refund in a bunch of emails over a number of months, even had one where they issued a USPS tracking number but never mailed it. So I am out almost $4000 and they have been using my money for close to a year now. That is about ridiculous.

johngross
02-13-2012, 06:48 AM
Presuming the facts to be fairly represented, I personally think it reasonable to say the vendors name. I think it may motivate them to either refund your money or get your product to you. I understand custom and limited production products can take more time, but I personally think every order should have a product in your hands or money back date specified on the order. You order on 1/1/12 and you have product or money back by whatever date you both agree is resonable. The professional companies with respected names shouldn't have a problem. It's the small guys floating cash that would have more issues with it. If they won't agree then take notice. Trust me when I say it's hard to get money from someone that doesn't want to give it back. Another good reason to only buy from people that make their livings on these sites is that they realize that bad press can cost them.

solarguy09
02-13-2012, 07:51 AM
I am lucky to have worked with, and am working with an Honest man...

As Far as the Vendors, Man that is not good, and again i was very fortunate to have a stand up shop, and stand up vendors..

New shock quality, i have an issue with, but that is another story..

SparkyRnD
02-13-2012, 08:03 AM
Sparky...Read into the wording. not too hard to figure out.

Yes, but if that person posts the name, maybe that will be incentive for the offender to come forward, make things right, and not make that same mistake again. I can understand if there is a delay of a few days, maybe a few weeks as long as you let the buyer know. But anything more than that, it is just bad business and shady. And if you are a business that has that problem over and over, then either they need to hire people to handle that and improve, or they need to stop selling and screwing customers.

hefs72
02-13-2012, 08:45 AM
Thats some serious bad luck . Jeez I feel your pain I ve had issues with certain vendors in the past and know how frustrating it can be. I order most of my stuff thru Detroit Speed I used their suspension stuff which was expensive so I instantly thought the other normal stuff like rear Center Sections, Seats, Bell housing, etc... would be marked up but to my suprise it wasn't. They are the same price everyone else is I have never had a single issue with anything Ive ordered from them I work with Dan and he has always done a good job for me and has even helped me out on a couple of things. Its a good place to have as a resource.

parsonsj
02-13-2012, 08:54 AM
We've a process here at PT.com for these kinds of threads. They go into the Feedback forum, and different posting rules apply.

I'll move the thread there now.

mpozzi
02-13-2012, 08:54 AM
There's a time limit for disputing a CC charge and that's long gone here. I'd check anyways and explain the delay.

I thought this vendor had gotten his house back in order.

Mary Pozzi

parsonsj
02-13-2012, 09:01 AM
Moderation rules for Feedback threads:

1) This forum is now moderated. All new topics must be approved by Pro-Touring.com Ownership / Staff before being viewed by the membership. (It will remain hidden until approved)

2) You may submit a new topic in this forum about a particular vendor or private seller ONLY if it is a NEW experience you have had or are having with a vendor or private seller. Both positive and negative topics will be posted, visible to the readership but closed to further commentary from non-involved parties.

3) Only the vendor or private seller discussed will be able to reply. If the vendor or private seller wishes to reply, the reply will be posted and again the thread will remain visible to the readership but closed to further commentary from non-involved parties.

4) All “I heard so and so had a bad experience” and other such speculative or hearsay posts will not be tolerated. Grievances must be factual, must include supporting documentation and shall not be embellished or emotional. All “so and so is a rip off”, “deadbeat”, “cheat” or any other potentially defamatory, anger driven, adjective laced topics will not be posted. Requirements for an "approved" post are shown below.*

5) This new sub-forum will allow our members to 'search' and easily read both positive & negative information about vendors or private sellers and allow readers to make their own judgment about whom to do business with. Thread titles have priority in the search tool SO MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE THE PROPER SEARCH WORDS IN YOUR TOPIC HEADING. If readers want additional information, they can e-mail or PM the member.

The following information must be included for prospective posts for either positive or negative feedback:

* Date of initial transaction.
* Sponsor Vendor / Non-Sponsor Vendor / Private Seller (select one) - Followed by Vendor / Private Seller Name
* Material / Service Purchased.
* Method of payment.
* Promised Delivery Date
* Actual Delivery Date
* Very Satisfied / Satisfied / Unsatisfied (select one)

If "Unsatisfied" is selected and the post is for negative feedback on a vendor or private seller the following additional information is required:

* Record of communication with vendor: (Examples: Called on 1/4/11, 1/16/11, 1/30/11 and left voicemail message or emailed on 1/4/11, 1/16/11, 1/30/11 with copies of emails)
* Record of billing if any: (Examples: Deposited check record from account, Debit record from account, CC statement showing charges, Paypal transaction record screenshot)
* Time elapsed since last communication from vendor or private seller.

Doug1
02-21-2012, 07:56 AM
I just got a refund check so all is well. I don't want to list any names since I truly like the people. I just don't like the situation and have not overstated anything. If anything, in this sort of situation, I err or the side of understating to hold back info in case I need a "coup de grāce". It makes for much quicker negotiations if it comes to that point.

I think the only thing missing now is a clutch.