PDA

View Full Version : Parking lot detail.

CarlC
07-11-2005, 01:05 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I don't cherish the thought of opening my hotel room on Saturday morning and seeing my truck, trailer, and car not there. As David Pozzi noted in an earlier thread, the dreaded thieves have stolen cars/truck/trailers from this hotel parking lot before.

So, without further ado, I'll be the first to volunteer to stand guard duty in the wee hours. If we have enough volunteers only a 1/2 hour tour should cover us. We can draw straws to determine what time each person starts.

Thoughts?

KrisHorton
07-11-2005, 01:08 PM
I'm a night owl, so I'm up for it if we end up at the same hotel. I'll probably still be on a rush from hearing my car run on the dyno. :smoke:

Should know more soon, but for now, you can coun't me in.

Kris

Matt@RFR
07-11-2005, 01:31 PM
I'm in for an hour or two.

Vince said that you can leave trucks and trailers at the track Friday night (locked inside the track), so I could give shuttle one or two guys to our hotel. We're staying at the Willow Inn & Suites (6 miles from the track).

yody
07-11-2005, 11:23 PM
I'll bring my ar-15 and USP 45.......just kidding. Bakersfield is definetly scummy, my dad and I call it the "2 tooth minimum town" because you have to be missing at least 2 teeth to live there!

zbugger
07-11-2005, 11:24 PM
I'm up for it. If my diminutive size doesn't scare them, the fact that I'm an ******* should do fine.

MrQuick
07-11-2005, 11:35 PM
*******= pervert
*******= dumbaxe
*******=goofball....ok I give up?

KrisHorton
07-11-2005, 11:59 PM
From the Journals of Henry Rollins:

"November 23, Bakersfield, California. Now this is some place. Never have I been in such a hovel. I don't like Bakersfield, home of the brain-damaged youth...still feeling like ****, 23 years now, my God. I could barely move this morning. If I was a good man, I'd take all of my meager earnings and devote them to a good cause, like the total destruction of Bakersfield by firestorm. Gas, napalm, whatever it takes. I'm going in. If you don't hear from me in 8 hours, you call in the airstrike."

I love that guy.

Kris

Jagarang
07-12-2005, 04:52 AM
You give me a TV, and Xbox, and Halo and I can stay up all night! I'm in.

CAMAROBOY69
07-12-2005, 04:58 AM
You give me a TV, and Xbox, and Halo and I can stay up all night! I'm in.
:lol: Hell yeah Kevin! If I was by you guys I would be willing to help too. Good luck guys.

Jagarang
07-12-2005, 05:50 AM
I may be a bit confused here, are you all reffering to a particular event? I was talking more specificaly about next years Power Tour. Is there an event this weekend?

Q ship
07-12-2005, 06:25 AM
Yeah Kevin, Vince's party/track day this weekend.

I'm up for a guard stint, and I'll have a rental car so I can shuttle people Friday night and Saturday.

Jagarang
07-12-2005, 06:47 AM
DOH........In that case I can't help! If anybody is going on PTour next year, perhaps we can arrange lodging at the same hotels and cover each others cars/trailers etc!

Mean 69
07-13-2005, 08:00 AM
Oh come on, you don't want to fly out here to babysit our cars in the nice dry desert heat? At least it ain't raining!!!

Jagarang
07-13-2005, 08:48 AM
Oh come on, you don't want to fly out here to babysit our cars in the nice dry desert heat? At least it ain't raining!!!

How ye jests!
You don't realize how tempting your statement really is, Dennis just missed and Emily is still on her way! It's the hurricane season I'd glady trade for some nice dry desert air!

Steve68
07-14-2005, 01:03 PM
You guys are so nice to watch out for each other, Carls right I would hate to have that happen,

Steve1968LS2
07-15-2005, 09:31 PM
I'll bring my ar-15 and USP 45.......just kidding. Bakersfield is definetly scummy, my dad and I call it the "2 tooth minimum town" because you have to be missing at least 2 teeth to live there!

You have a USP .45 too?? I love that damn gun.. :)

I used to sleep in my truck at night.. was cheaper than a hotel and I got to guard my stuff..

A guys whole rig (truck, trailer, car) were stolen at the Good Guys Columbus show.. be safe out there!!

Charley Lillard
07-15-2005, 09:50 PM
You guys might try calling a security company and see what it costs to have a security guard there all night. Might be cheap enough that you can all chip in 10.00