PDA

View Full Version : Indy SCCA is proud to announce Street Machine/Street Rod class.

IndyDave
02-12-2012, 08:22 AM
This weekend at the Indianapolis World of Wheels show, the Indianapolis Region SCCA announced a new regional class aimed at the growing pro touring world. Named Street Machine/Street Rod it offers a unique class just for enthusiasts with pro touring street machines and hot rods. The class will be available at all 2012 Indy Region SCCA points and fun events.

The rules are:

1. Numbers are assigned at time of registration for an event. We will try to accommodate all number requests based on class availablilty.

2. The AutoCross entry number must be displayed and easily read. Numbers must be a minimum of 8” high with a 1.25” stroke. Class letters must be a minimum of 4” high with a 0.75” stroke. Numbers and class letters should be positioned next to each other. All letters and numbers must be on body panels, not on windows. All numbers and class letters must use the same typeface and the same color, and this color must provide adequate contrast to the
background color.

3. Participants must use DOT approved tires with a minimum of 180 tread wear. (No shaving or softening)

4. No passengers under the age of 12. Passengers must sign the same liability waiver as driver. All drivers or passengers under 18 must have completed the appropriate SCCA minor waiver form.

5.Helmets are required for drivers and passengers. Helmets meeting the following standards must be worn while on
course:
All helmets meeting the latest or two immediately preceding Snell
Foundation standards (SA2010, SAH2010, SA2005, SA2000, M2010,
M2005, M2000, K2010, K2005, K98), SFI standards 31.1, 41.1, 31.1A,
31.2A, 41.1A, 41.2A or British spec BS6658-85 type A/FR are acceptable. A limited number of loaner helmets are available.

6. Participating cars must pass a basic safety inspection that will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
A. Functional seatbelts.
B. Proper brake pedal pressure and travel.
C. Sufficient throttle return spring and secured battery.
D. All lug nuts in place and tight.
E. Hubcaps are to be removed.
F. Valid driver’s license & Proof of insurance.
G. Registered - Street legal vehicle. No Race Cars.
H. All loose items to be removed from vehicle.
(Floor mats, items hanging from rearview mirror, cassettes, CDs, and glove box, console, trunk items.)

7. Must be a finished vehicle with floors, doors, fenders & pickup beds where required.
8. No unsafe driving will be tolerated. Event management will have COMPLETE discretion to deny anyone participation in the AutoCross for any reason.
9. Street Machine(SMC) - 1955 to 1979
• Street Rod(SR) - 1954 & older.
• Truck Class(TT) - Registered as a truck with the DMV. No high center of gravity vehicles such as lifted 4X4 trucks. All trucks will be approved on a case by case basis.

Event schedule:

April 15, Fun Event, Location TBA
April 28&29, Test & Tune, Grissom Aeroplex, Peru In.
May 06, Points Event 1, Location TBA
May 20, Points Event 2, Grissom
June 3, Points Event 3, Terre Haute International Airport (Indy/Champaign Challenge)
June 16 Fun Event Connersville In. (evening event)
June 17, Points Event 4, Connersville In. (Border Wars)
July 22, Points Event 5, Grissom
Aug 12, Points Event 6, Grissom (Hoosier Challenge)
Sept 23, Points Event 7, Location TBA
Oct 14 or 21, Fun Event, Location TBA

Cost:
SCCA member pre-registered $25
SCCA member day of event $30
Non member pre registered $40
Non member day of event $45

To pre register for events, visit: www.motorsportsreg.com (http://www.motorsportsreg.com)

To learn more about IndySCCA, visit: www.indyscca.org (http://www.indyscca.org)

796spdbu
02-12-2012, 08:49 AM
This makes me happy! I may have to come join. Indy is only 2 hours away. I wonder if I can get the cincy and columbus chapters to follow your lead?!

firebob
02-15-2012, 04:13 PM
I wonder if SCCA will adopt this across the board. I'll have to ask next time I go to one of their local events in the SF region.

Robert

SLO_Z28
02-15-2012, 07:47 PM
I wonder if SCCA will adopt this across the board. I'll have to ask next time I go to one of their local events in the SF region.

Robert

^ This. Bring it up at a national meeting!

mpozzi
02-15-2012, 09:30 PM
It's being discussed on www.baautox.com ...

Mary Pozzi

mpozzi
02-15-2012, 09:31 PM
The only drawback is these Street Tire classes are only for Stock ...

Mary Pozzi

musclecarmatt
02-15-2012, 09:40 PM
i think this is a great idea...planning on hitting some local SCCA events here soon!

firebob
02-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Thatnks for posting the baautox website. I didn't even know it existed.

Robert

IndyDave
02-16-2012, 07:48 AM
This makes me happy! I may have to come join. Indy is only 2 hours away. I wonder if I can get the cincy and columbus chapters to follow your lead?!

The best way to insure more Regions follow our lead is to get to events and participate. Heck, the only way to insure the class is a success in Indy Region is to participate. I hope that we're a success and that other Regions do follow our lead which means all of you are coming to events and having fun! That is entirely up to you.

mpozzi
02-16-2012, 08:27 AM
I've been around Solo enough to have seen the concept and implementation of Street Prepared back in the early-80's and look where these classes are now? Since that time, two other "tweener" classes and levels of preparation have evolved ... Street Touring and Street Modified (not sure if SM should be put in between SP and Stock) and of all, ST is hugely popular due to 1) keeping rules simple and 2) the cars in each class can be bought for relatively nothing compared to what you'd spend on a competitive Stock class anything. And yes, they compete on street tires (140 TW).

This is very cool and while it won't give us Pro-Touring guys and gals a place to play now, the new Street Tire classes are a start for the future classes. Not everyone can buy (or win) the three or four sets of Hoosier DOT A6's needed to be competitive for a year of competition but they can run a season on "real" street tires and have fun. Stock classes should be the entry point for Solo and as such, should be a bit easier on the wallet.

Great move on the Indy Region and we are hoping our members out here on the left coast make the trip down to So. Cal's Divisional and support this new class.

Mary Pozzi

firebob
02-16-2012, 08:39 AM
Well I don't run on street tires so I don't think it affects me personally but I'm glad to see it happening. Along with the American Iron(IIRC) class with NASA it gives us muscle car PT guys and gals kind of our own place in the system.

Robert