PDA

View Full Version : 1st gen dash speaker template

67 455 Bird ragtop
02-07-2012, 04:52 AM
Has anyone installed 5.25 speakers in the stock location under the dash?? Or does any one know of a template to make a mounting plate to mount a pair of 5.25 speakers in the stock location ???

SRDzuess4u
03-28-2012, 12:38 PM
Has anyone installed 5.25 speakers in the stock location under the dash?? Or does any one know of a template to make a mounting plate to mount a pair of 5.25 speakers in the stock location ???

I know its an older post, but I just did this using Tannoy tweeters, close to the same area. I used 1/4 inch wide aluminum flat stock, held the speakers up in the area, took a few measurements and started bending the flat stock. Keep in mind my dash is bare, nothing in it at the time. I also bent some brackets off the same area for after market defrost ducts.

Its held in my small self tapping metal screws, the speakers are bolted through the flat stock. I then tool it all apart and used heat shrink on all the brackets. Saved some money on defrost ducts by using Vin Air universals, their a bit smaller, but for 11.00 bucks...they will work.

If you need some pics let me know Ill send them to you. Just take your time, stare at it for a while it will become clear....lol

Thanks Bob 623-326-8478

soupedupsupra
04-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Not 5.25 but i did put 2 4 inch speakers in there. Just cut off the original mounting bracket tab from the old speaker and screwed it into a piece of 3/4" MDF which I cut speaker holes in. Put it in almost 10 years ago and has worked just fine.