PDA

View Full Version : Perry at PTS

blakgoat
02-03-2012, 09:42 AM
trying to get a hold of Perry, at PTS, has anyone had contact with him? his number is disconnected. I have tried to contact him by e-mail as well, he has an order I am waiting on.

6D9 Matt
02-03-2012, 10:43 AM
I PMed him on here about 2 days ago (checking on order as well) and he answered the same day.

Might try PMing him.

PTS
02-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Imran,

Your order is shipping Monday. We are getting a new phone number due to cell service in certain areas of the US not being able to call our toll free number especially in the Southern USA. Should be live by tomorrow...

Regards,

Perry
PTS

blakgoat
02-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Ok Perry, I will look for your tracking number today. thanks
Imran

Lenie
02-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Hi Perry, please send me your new number when you get a chance.

Imran,

Your order is shipping Monday. We are getting a new phone number due to cell service in certain areas of the US not being able to call our toll free number especially in the Southern USA. Should be live by tomorrow...

Regards,

Perry
PTS

6D9 Matt
02-07-2012, 07:55 AM
Since I have an order in as well, Id like to have your new info also Perry. So please post up when you get all that sorted out. Thanks!

blakgoat
02-07-2012, 04:32 PM
I have tried to contact Perry by calling him several times, I PM,d him and left messages, have any of you guys heard from him, Perry was suppose to send me tracking on my brakes, I am tired of waiting!

Ricky
02-12-2012, 05:46 PM
I am having the same problem. I got tired of call after call, so I called ridetech and found out the order was never placed and they know nothing about it. He sent me a message he is going to refund my money, I tried to call and pm him to find out when I would get my refund but no answer. I called paypal and Im getting a refund.

6D9 Matt
02-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Edit

PTS
02-12-2012, 06:22 PM
I am having the same problem. I got tired of call after call, so I called ridetech and found out the order was never placed and they know nothing about it. He sent me a message he is going to refund my money, I tried to call and pm him to find out when I would get my refund but no answer. I called paypal and Im getting a refund.

Ricky, Your order was placed at Ridetech way back. The parts were or are on backorder last I checked. I do not know whom you talked to over there but let me know, and I will call and ask why they could not find the order. I will not go into details over a problem with another sponsoring Vendor.

I refunded your money earlier today.

Perry
PTS

PTS
02-12-2012, 06:27 PM
WHAT?! Well I have an order in for some rear wheels... and supposed to take the car in later this month (minitub) so I BETTER have my wheels in time. Told me a week or so ago they would be shipping in 7-10 days. Hope to hear something soon then on the shipping. Gonna have to stay on top of this.

Matt,

I can refund your order as well. Let me know and I will REFUND your money immediately tonight. We have busted our rears on this forum and we are not going to be bashed for any reason...

Regards,

Perry
PTS

6D9 Matt
02-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Perry - I was by no means bashing. I just wanted to make sure everything is good on the order. I had PMed you a little bit ago. Just wanted to get shipping info...

PTS
02-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Matt your order is actually coming out this week to you.

Ricky
02-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Perry - sent a PM

jjordan
02-13-2012, 08:11 AM
Have known Perry and done business with him since 1994. He will do ANYTHING he can to make sure his customers are satisfied. Stand up guy for sure.

yenkols
02-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Hi Perry....
It's Wes ...can you call today...

bret
02-14-2012, 12:48 PM
I don’t post on these forums a lot, even less about purely business stuff…and nearly NEVER about negative business issues. This forum is about fun with cars and I think it should stay that way.
I have to break that tradition now because there are some dangerous precedents being set that need to be addressed. Too many people have complained about dealers taking their money and not shipping parts for weeks or months. This type of complaint has seemed to cross all ranges of product…wheels, brakes, engine parts, interior parts, and suspension parts.
If you are a dealer [for any manufacturer] who has sat on an order [for any reason], you might be highly offended by our position on this subject. If you are a SMART dealer, then you should be encouraged by our position on this subject. Pick your level of offense.
Read the remainder of this rant as your leisure, but here is the main message:

• With rare exception, RideTech components are in stock and can ship within a day or two of the order. Also, with rare exception, we will ship the components that we do have and send the backordered component as soon as it is built, usually within a matter of days…sometimes a few weeks…certainly not months.
• We make a conscious effort to inform customer and dealers if any component is beyond a couple days availability and to notify them if that situation changes. Any customer can call at any time and get an accurate answer as to what components are actually in the building and which ones might be delayed [if any].
• We TRY to police our dealer base to eliminate dealers who cannot or will not provide our expected level of service to our customers. Part of that process includes the dealers knowledge that if they drop the ball, for whatever reason, RideTech WILL take care of the customer directly.

RideTech is one of the few manufacturers that still sells directly to the end user in addition to having an extensive dealer network. We do that for many reasons, the main one being convenience for the hotrodder. Most RideTech dealers do not mind this situation because they know that we NEVER undercut the retail price and we encourage the customer to deal with his favorite dealer. The relationship between RideTech as a manufacturer and our dealers is simple…the dealers get a fixed percentage discount for making an initial dollar amount buy-in, and supporting it with an agreed upon annual purchase level. It is also assumed that a RideTech dealer will provide a level of customer service that is appropriate to each customer and each market.

RideTech dealers have 3 main responsibilities:

1. To become knowledgeable enough about the product line to provide competent product advice in order to guide the customer towards the most appropriate equipment.

2. To process a customer’s order in the most timely and efficient manner possible.

3. To provide accurate and relevant technical advice on products after the sale.

As a manufacturer, RideTech has responsibilities as well:

1. To develop and manufacture the highest grade of product possible.

2. To maintain a pricing structure that is agreeable to both the dealer and the end customer

3. To manufacture and deliver product in the most timely and efficient manner possible.

This is not a complex relationship and it has not changed in the last 16 years of our existence…nor do we intend it to. From time to time we have had situations where a dealer has taken an order [and possibly money] from a customer and then delayed for some period of time in placing that order with us. These are rare situations and USUALLY it is worked out with a minimum of hassle for all parties. As our product line matures, there are some hungry dealers who are offering discounts to the point where they are making little to no profit with which to operate their businesses. We have no capacity to resolve a dealer’s business problems, but we do have the capacity to attempt to protect our customers from becoming a part of it on our behalf.

I could end my rant here and become cryptic and politically correct about specific dealers who have had problems in this area, but then there would be [likely incorrect] speculation about who I am specifically referring to. I cannot jeopardize good dealers standings by trying to protect one person.

Perry Price and PTS is no longer a RideTech dealer. If you have RideTech orders pending with PTS please call or email Danny Coultas at our shop and he will work with you to get you your parts promptly. Danny’s direct email is [email protected]. His direct number is 812.481.4712

If anyone has ordered from any other RideTech dealer and has waited more than 2 weeks for parts you may contact us as well.

OK…let the beatings begin.

PTS
02-14-2012, 01:32 PM
Brett you are completely out of line and F.O.S. I am emailing several customers that will come on here explain what has happened. Here it goes...

1. I received a COD order from you guys day before yesterday and I was over charged $1031.25 and Danny knows about this. Do you? Same order in the beginning was sent to me with airbags and should have been select series coil overs. Do you know about this? I ordered and gave the parts numbers and still a screw up.

2. Customer Gary received a order and all the parts powdercoating was beat and gouged along with missing parts. Ruth tells my customer I have to file a damage claim. Do you know about this?

3. Customer Renee order a rear G body coil over kit and receives air bags. Again do you know about this.

4. Customer Lenie orders Ride Pro e3 with 5gal tank and airpod cover yet receives 3gal kit with no cover. Also you billed my credit card recently for the upgrade and he still has not received his order.

5. Customer Tony orders Ride Pro part# 303334000 and you still have not shipped his parts due to no air compressors.

The only orders I have still pending are as follows:

1. Customer Lenie from above that I have paid in full.

2. Customer Tony from above with that has not shipped due to no compressors.

3. Customer Renee from above that received the wrong parts again paid for in full and we are waiting on the replacements from you.

4. Customer Wes that cancelled due to personal reasons that I refunded.

5. Customer Rich order I have in hand after Ridetech says I never ordered it. I can provide a picture of your invoice and the cashiers check I gave the freight company.

What else Brett? I have spent alot of money on overnights, discounting, and refunds. If I sit here and think about it you actually owe me money and a huge ass apology but screw that as you already stated I am no longer a dealer and hell I just realized you did me a favor...

Perry
PTS

PTS
02-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Brett,

I just got off the phone with Danny and we went over everything. You need to get with him and see what else we discovered that has potentially costed you thousands on retail orders on your site...

RE: I received an order COD for $4106.25 and a retail customer can buy for $4100.00. Something is wrong...

nacnac
02-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Thanks Perry, I'm customer Tony and have been waiting since december for my air ride stuff. This is not my first problem w/ride tech either. I waited over 6 months for some air struts a few years ago (they sent the wrong ones the first time, had to send them back). I thought that delay was a one time thing (i was wrong). Tony B over at ride tech was my contact and i bugged him to no end. He ended up sending me a couple shirts, hats, and even some air line because i waited so long. Now I have no problem with PTS at all. In my own experience i can honestly say that every time i deal with air ride, there are delays.

Nessumsar
02-14-2012, 02:32 PM
Yowza. In the words of Ron Burgandy, "wow, that escalated quickly".

nacnac
02-14-2012, 02:35 PM
And i ordered stuff from the big december sale ride tech had going at the time. Maybe there was an overwhelming response to the sale, i dont know. I would think they may have stocked some of the stuff. But almost 2 months is a long time i think.

nacnac
02-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Don't get me wrong, my car isnt going anywhere any time soon, my only concern is getting too close to the time to dispute a charge if it never shows up. It's 90 days I think. So im at around 50 something. Is 90 days right?

PTS
02-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Tony, I will process your refund if I have to paypal the money and I will pay the fees. Let me know as I still have no answer on how long the compressors will take. The first update was supposed to ship by 1/25/12, second 2/13/12, third???

blakgoat
02-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Perry its Imran, whats the status on the Baer brakes, are you shipping them today by Fed ex?

PTS
02-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Yes it will be end of business day before I have tracking numbers.

nacnac
02-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Danny at ride tech says my order wasnt placed til Jan 13. Hmm

PTS
02-14-2012, 02:59 PM
They were not taking orders or shipping right after Christmas and the first week in January. It was placed the week of January 9th.

nacnac
02-14-2012, 03:09 PM
sent you a pm. Im good w/everything

blakgoat
02-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Hey Perry I sent you a pm, you got my phone#
Imran

Fluid Power
02-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Damn, I own an industrial distribution business and guess what? We deal with valves, fittings compressors and air bags for the industrial market. The same place that air bags for cars got their start. Looks like to me an improvement could happen on the manufacturing side AND the distribution side. Don't temp me....I just bought a new building with one side completely empty......

Ron S
02-14-2012, 06:26 PM
Hate seeing these threads, you can't blame the customers for getting concerned, it seems comunication is everything. Just ordered Ridetech shocks for my Mustang on Wed. had them on Fri, I did order them directly, I know that speedy service can't always be the case, but really I appreciated the good service, and the quality of the parts.

Lenie
02-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Brett you are completely out of line and F.O.S. I am emailing several customers that will come on here explain what has happened. Here it goes...

1. I received a COD order from you guys day before yesterday and I was over charged $1031.25 and Danny knows about this. Do you? Same order in the beginning was sent to me with airbags and should have been select series coil overs. Do you know about this? I ordered and gave the parts numbers and still a screw up.

2. Customer Gary received a order and all the parts powdercoating was beat and gouged along with missing parts. Ruth tells my customer I have to file a damage claim. Do you know about this?

3. Customer Renee order a rear G body coil over kit and receives air bags. Again do you know about this.

4. Customer Lenie orders Ride Pro e3 with 5gal tank and airpod cover yet receives 3gal kit with no cover. Also you billed my credit card recently for the upgrade and he still has not received his order.

5. Customer Tony orders Ride Pro part# 303334000 and you still have not shipped his parts due to no air compressors.

The only orders I have still pending are as follows:

1. Customer Lenie from above that I have paid in full.

2. Customer Tony from above with that has not shipped due to no compressors.

3. Customer Renee from above that received the wrong parts again paid for in full and we are waiting on the replacements from you.

4. Customer Wes that cancelled due to personal reasons that I refunded.

5. Customer Rich order I have in hand after Ridetech says I never ordered it. I can provide a picture of your invoice and the cashiers check I gave the freight company.

What else Brett? I have spent alot of money on overnights, discounting, and refunds. If I sit here and think about it you actually owe me money and a huge ass apology but screw that as you already stated I am no longer a dealer and hell I just realized you did me a favor...

Perry
PTS

Hey would you looky there, my name is mentioned in line 4 and then again in the following line 1... hmmm, man these kind of threads never do anyone any good as there are always two sides and there are people on here who have alliances w/one or the other so the truth is rarely ever really found but still a lot of damage is incurred along the way deserving or not. I'm on this site and over at Lateral-g because I really love cars and the main reason is because of the people behind the cars that I get to know and hopefully become friends with one day. Growing up in my dads house, he has always stressed accepting responsibility. You're only as good as your word and your last name is attached to it. If you shake hands it's a done deal, no passing the buck. We have read plenty of these types of threads and I don't ever remember reading anyone actually accepting responsibility. Usually the thread is closed by moderators so in the end, what good has come out of it? I have several orders out through different vendors since black friday all w/the same status but I will tell you about the one with my name on it above. During black friday I placed one of my orders with Perry of PTS for a five gallon airpod as mentioned above w/2 compressors Perry has been very good about keeping me informed on the status of my order as it was delayed weekly waiting on Ridetech to build the airpod who subsequently were waiting on another manufacturer to build the compressors needed to build the airpod. I can see it now, Perry calling Ridetech being told the compressors are one week out and Ridetech calling the compressor manufactures being told they were one week out and each week when the compressors weren't available, the story would have to be retold. As frustrating/tough I know it has to be on both of these businesses, Perry has manned up and made the phone call to keep me informed on his dollar and in my world that goes along ways. I'm not blaming anyone here because neither of these business are truely in control of the final outcome, and yes, I've called both parties along the way and all stories match up. I'm merely pointing out, until someone actually steps up in any case and accepts responsibility for there actions, these threads create more harm than good. Still, Perry calls me weekly and Ridetech's receipt of the compressors is one week out. Unless in the end someone actually has stolen money from me, I'm going to try and not lose sleep over it and yes I will go through Perry(PTS) again as he has made every effort.... here's to the people of Pro-touring and cars

PTS
02-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Hi Lenie!

Well put and thankyou. In conversation with Brett yesterday he admitted that he had a compressor supply problem and had no end in sight. He also stated that he can buy from another manufacture but at a increased costs. In my opinion I would think that Ridetech would latch on to the opportunity to get the orders filled right? Instead the hit is being taken by the dealers and in cases the delays do costs us money. Come on Ridetech you can't always blame your dealers...

andrewb70
02-14-2012, 08:59 PM
This thread is being locked and moved to the vendor feedback forum, since that is the appropriate forum for such discussions. If any parties want to post anything else that will contribute to this thread, PM me.

Andrew

parsonsj
02-15-2012, 09:37 AM
The thread is unlocked, but all posts are subject to Feedback forum rules, which (as always) is stickied at the top of the forum.