PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Our Newest Team Member, Ben Meissner (SRD Art)!!!

BulldawgMusclecars
02-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Like many members here, I have been watching Ben's progress with his own "Pumkinator" Cutlass wagon, and I was immediately impressed with his design and fabrication skills. I keep an eye out for talent at all times, especially since we have grown so much over the last year, and Ben seemed like a natural for our shop. Once I spoke to him on the phone, and realized that we both had made drastic career changes to pursue what we love doing, were the same age, and saw eye to eye on many things, the wheels started turning. Fortunately, he is ready for a change of scenery (from Utah to Georgia), and will be starting with us in the weeks before Power Tour. Welcome, Ben!

I know that a lot of you may be concerned about Ben's design business, http://www.streetroddesigns.com, and that will continue just as in the past. The only change is that now I'll be able to offer in-house design services here in the shop to my customers, so the change will be seamless.

SRD art
02-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Thanks Joe! As I've gotten to know you I'm equally impressed at the way you run your business, and it's growth in the last 2 years is a testament that you're headed for greatness. Anybody can turn wrenches but it takes someone special to run a successful business. I've seen several local shops go under since the economy tanked and it's cool to see nothing but growth from your shop. You've already got a great crew and I'm anxious to to be a part of it, to see Bulldawg Muscle Cars hit the next level, and the next and the next...

I've had opportunity to discuss employment with 3 other shops and one thing that really appealed to me about yours is that you build cars to be driven...hard. They may not be $250,000 show queens that wrap their tires in saran wrap before they go back on the trailer but where's the fun in that anyway? Not only am I excited to be involved in the design and fabrication of the shop projects, but equally so to go to events as part of the Bulldawg MC and SRD team and beat the tar out of the wagon as you will with GNXcess and many of our clients will be doing with their cars.

All my life I've wanted to work in a hot rod shop but never thought I'd be good enough or that my family would approve of not having what they consider a "real" job. My only regret in life is waiting this long to jump into it, however I respect that sometimes timing is everything. I feel bad for all the folks out there that go to work and don't enjoy the job they have. I say get your ducks in a row and then go do what it is that you love. I did and I've never felt better about my future and career.

Mr.VENGEANCE
02-01-2012, 12:50 PM
nice for both of you!

good luck!

BulldawgMusclecars
02-01-2012, 01:01 PM
nice for both of you!

good luck!

Thanks Amir! Don't forget our monthly "Meet and Greet", Saturday Feb 11, 9am!

Bryce
02-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Congrats to both of you!

Ron.in.SoCal
02-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Sounds like a great match. Best of luck to you both...!

nowukno
02-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Congrats Ben

SRD art
02-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Thanks guys!

SparkyRnD
02-01-2012, 06:51 PM
glad ya'll hammered out a deal, and look forward to meeting you in person!

Mr.VENGEANCE
02-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Thanks Amir! Don't forget our monthly "Meet and Greet", Saturday Feb 11, 9am!

yea ill make it out to the next one.. my car was getting a cam upgrade from Vengeance during the last one..

ehummelman
02-02-2012, 06:51 AM
Welcome to GA Ben. I look forward to meeting you at the shop. I know you'll enjoy being there, it's a great bunch of guys who do great work.