PDA

View Full Version : New guy from mid mo

jbake
02-01-2012, 08:34 AM
I've been on this great site for little bit n just realized I never posted who I am. Names Joe Baker and im from lake ozark area in Missouri. I've been around hot rods almost my entire life, minus 10 years in the army over seas. Just bought a 68 firebird that needs A LOT of tlc. No plains for motor or trans now. Everytime I start that thinking I find something else wrong on this car.
Is like that thank everyone who has help me out so far. I really jumped in way over my head on this project. I'm just glad I found a great place whit good people who rather help someone than bitch at them for not doing it there way.

Ron.in.SoCal
02-01-2012, 08:46 AM
Welcome Joe! Do you go to the annual Lake Ozark boating event? From the mags it seems off the hook!

jbake
02-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Sure do Ron. I live bout 10 miles from the lake. Last 5 years we steal my dads boat n go sit by the finish line. One of my friends was a chief for a drag boat n still knows lots of the guys. We also have a car show once a year down at the dam. You should come on out. You'd love it.

Bigblue73
02-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Welcome Joe - Hope to see you at the Magic Dragon! I'm in the Columbia area.

jbake
02-01-2012, 01:17 PM
O ill be there, car won't but I will. Can't wait to see ya there. I'm trying to talk one of the local shops into setting up a autocross set up but he's worried bout insurance with drunks n hot rods.