PDA

View Full Version : New Guy from So cal

Sean Cooke
01-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Hey Guys & Gals, I wanted to stop in and say hi. Name is Sean, and I am 31 year old fan of Pro-Touring and just about anything that goes fast. I love track days, whether i am in a car or on a bike. Some of the guys on here have chatted with me @ one time or another about my 1971 chevelle build. I will start a build thread for it on here as soon as i get more time. Some of the highlights 71 A body designed to run on the streets & go hard on the track. Powered by a BBC- fully caged- adding 19" New Gen wheels from Jonathon Hensson hopefully soon- just hoping to continue my interests in building cool cars and meeting like minded folks. If anyone likes to bounce around ideas about builds or heading out to events you can count on me...
I live in Huntington beach & frequent events from SEMA, local car shows, cruises, and of course the legal & some illegal street racing.
Look forward to unfolding my project & meeting everyone...
Sean Cooke..

67 ls1 vert
01-27-2012, 07:57 PM
wow, that looks really nice from what I can see. Do you have other pictures?
And welcome to the jungle! Lots of cool cars on here.

LUACE
01-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Welcome aboard! I am going to start keeping an eye out for your sweet ride around town.

Roadbuster
01-27-2012, 09:10 PM
Welcome the the forum!

BlackPearl
01-28-2012, 08:22 AM
Can't wait to see the spread, looks sweet.

Ron.in.SoCal
01-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Welcome Sean! Oh, and :)

:postpics:

Sean Cooke
01-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Thanks guys, I am already feeling the love!!
Here are some pics of the build from the beggining.. lol which was amazingly only a year ago..
The story starts with me looking for a new car to replace the supercharged dodge viper, i had been commuting in. Always been a huge fan of old school cars and helped in a few builds over the years. I was out in riverside picking up equipment and came across the shop Outlaw Motorsports. I started chatting with the owner Ron, about some of there builds in the shop and expressed my interest in building a car. Ron told me that he and his brother had actually started the process of restoring a 1971 chevelle but due to availabe free time to finish the build they had become interested in selling it. He also said there were two cars available in various stages i could chose from. Well, i picked the dis assembled car that was mostly complete but need to be finished. Attached are some of the snap shots i took while the car was still sitting in the yard. 54775547745477654777547785477954780

gator1505
01-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Thats a great lookin' Chevelle although the 70 had the power I love the looks of the 71-72....I actually prefer those years on most of the A-bodies. You picked your Chevelle up in about the same condition I picked my Cutlass up

Sean Cooke
02-01-2012, 08:17 AM
Before I purchased the car, I had really only seen the 70's style Abody. More & More the 71-72 started to grow on me. Now, I would not trade the car for a 70...