PDA

View Full Version : Lateral Dynamics 70 Camaro Project Car

Mean 69
01-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Moving out a project car to make room for a new purchase. Many of you have seen the car on the cover of Camaro Performer's magazine a few years back. The car has been painted by Best of Show Coachworks, and is stunning - a brilliant metallic red that is extremely striking. Straight body with fresh panels, Lateral Dynamics 3 Link rear suspension installed, mini-tubed to accept 335 tires. Car is a roller, no interior, drivetrain, or brakes. Will update with a list of items later this weekend, as well as some pictures of the build and recent shots as well. Market for cars is weak right now, everyone knows that, so the asking price is a very realistic $20k, you couldn't touch the car for this price if wanting to build a new car. I was compelled to close shop a few years back and as such, this is one of the few Lateral D second gens in existence. If you want to run with Jim Shipka's One Lap Camaro, Steve Rupp's Bad Penny, and beat the paint off of virtually every other car out there, this would make an extremely compelling package to finish. Car is in San Diego area. If finishing a project car isn't what you are capable of, I can certainly help by advising a highly capable shop that can finish the car for you, and insure that the remainder of selected components will result in a extremely capable and pleasureable car. All the hard work is done, just needs to be assembled and enjoyed.

Please PM for more information, and include an e-mail address that will accept photographs.
Mark

Johnny Wayne
01-27-2012, 08:52 PM
Hi could you please email me some pictures. [email protected] Thanks

Mean 69
01-30-2012, 08:29 AM
Thanks, Johnny and all others that PM'd me. Will get pics out later today, weekend got a bit busier than I had expected. Until then, here are some pic's of the body and paint work - hopefully the link will work.

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/11107649_Z8qmQr#!i=778015352&k=peXR2

If this doesn't work, go direct to BOS' website and look at the gallery. Mark's 70 Camaro.... And all of the other super nice cars they have, they do incredible work.
Mark

Johnny Wayne
01-30-2012, 01:12 PM
Awesome Mark thank you very much!!

Wayne

Mean 69
06-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Hi folks,

Just wanted to update this sale offer. I have had a lot of interest in the car but no one purchasing so far. I haven't been pushing it at all though, other than replying to pm's and e-mails, very consumed with work.

On top of that, my wife had a serious medical emergency just over two weeks ago, and while she will most likely be fine, it has really opened our eyes on everything in our current lives, definitely a shock that has us both evaluating everything. So, we have decided to dramatically drop the price of the car in order to move it out of our lives, and into a happy new project owner. Actually downsizing a LOT of things, which is healthy for us, it's not about the money as much as it is about simplifying - we were extremely lucky with this episode and realize that life is really short, and we want to live it to the fullest starting today.

New sale price - $15k, firm. Yes, it is a tough market right now, but the car is worth far more than this regardless. I'd probably crush it before taking less, so unless you have a very compelling offer below this, don't offer.

Thanks, hug your family and tell them you love them.
Mark

Also still have the 68 Satellite......

MrQuick
06-19-2012, 10:34 PM
ah ah ah hold on to that sate....im working on it.

daytonayellaz
06-20-2012, 05:40 AM
Mark...sent you a couple PM's (even a while back) actually emails also. I never heard back from you after we spoke when you were out of the country for a while. I want this car... Ready to come pick it up. I can visit Ron while Im out there:cheers:

daytonayellaz
06-21-2012, 10:22 AM
SOLD...SOLD...SOLD..Hey Mark...Thanks for spending the time explaining everything about the car! I have to say with out a doubt guys...Mark is a man of integrity! I cant wait to get the car here in Indiana. Im going to really enjoy this car!!
Transportation is the next thing to get worked out.... Is anyone coming from the west coast to the midwest that could or would transport this car for me? Maybe going to Goodguys colombus show? I could pick it up there. Although if traveling from the west Indy is right on the way. I could do either one. Please let me know if this is a possibility with anyone. Thanks!

srh3trinity
06-21-2012, 11:05 AM
Awesome deal. Congrats!

CornHusker4Life
06-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Travis. I know you are going to take this car to the next level. Good Buy!!!!

daytonayellaz
06-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Awesome deal. Congrats!

Thanks Stephen! Its going to be fun...!

Travis. I know you are going to take this car to the next level. Good Buy!!!!

Thanks Jarrod! This car is awesome as is...Mark has put a lot into it and I am extremely impressed! The rearend setup in this car is a class act!! Its very hard to improve upon something done so nicely!
This is my wifes favorite color.... and she loves the car also. Its getting LS power for sure, maybe L92/T56 and some other go fast goodies.:cheers:

jeremy30thz
06-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Congrats Travis I can't wait to see this one in person.....I had to laugh at your last statement that it will have LS power......Really

MrQuick
06-27-2012, 11:12 PM
haa, let me know if you need one, I know aa guy. LOL congrats on the car, its a fricken steal.

daytonayellaz
07-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Congrats Travis I can't wait to see this one in person.....I had to laugh at your last statement that it will have LS power......Really

Thanks Jeremy! Laugh away brother... :cheers: I guess that just goes with out saying?? Is that what your trying to say..lol

haa, let me know if you need one, I know aa guy. LOL congrats on the car, its a fricken steal.

Thanks bro! Yeah... shoot me the info on that guy:rotfl:

Glock 18
07-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Wow! Another Camaro in the stall for Travis. Well done! Travis if I wasn't so deep in my '69 Chevelle build, I would have called about this car! IF I ever trade my Chevelle for another car, it would probably be a '70 Camaro or '81 Z28 Camaro! Even though I'll have a killer Chevelle when it's done, I can't stop looking at those Camaros!
Shane

daytonayellaz
07-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Thanks Shane!! Im pretty excited about this one as well! But.... I had to sell "Frustration" to justify buying this car. So where the Lateral Dynamics 70 camaro joins the stable... My 70 camaro "Frustration" had to be sold, and actually is sold to a member here on the forum. Im sad to see that car leave, but its going to a great home! I just need to get the Lateral Dynamics car home and in the stable before I start going through with draws...LOL!

Rick D
07-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Travis why not just get in the truck and trailer and out to Cali and just pick it up???

daytonayellaz
07-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Rick... I have seriously thought about this! I have the equipment...a 20' enclosed V nose and the CC duramax. I just have sooo much work to do here. I need a co-pilot/relief driver.... Didnt you say you wanted to go to the west coast?????:poke:

Tango68SS
07-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Thanks Shane!! Im pretty excited about this one as well! But.... I had to sell "Frustration" to justify buying this car. So where the Lateral Dynamics 70 camaro joins the stable... My 70 camaro "Frustration" had to be sold, and actually is sold to a member here on the forum. Im sad to see that car leave, but its going to a great home! I just need to get the Lateral Dynamics car home and in the stable before I start going through with draws...LOL!

Trav,

Glad to hear you picked this baby up! Though "Frustration" is no longer in your stable, this Second Gen will fill the gap! I am happy for you!

BTW, "Pro-Crastination" is running great!! THanks for the LS2 combo!

TC

daytonayellaz
07-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Trav,

Glad to hear you picked this baby up! Though "Frustration" is no longer in your stable, this Second Gen will fill the gap! I am happy for you!

BTW, "Pro-Crastination" is running great!! THanks for the LS2 combo!

TC

Hey TC! Thanks man! Good to hear from you... I watched the video that Brian did with the car running and driving. I was stoked!! Car looks sweet and sounds awesome!! Brian did a great job and I am honored to have provided the heartbeat (LS2/4L70E) for that sweet ride! I think I deserve a ride in that bad boy!:cheers: When did you say you were coming to Indiana??:rotfl:

Mean 69
07-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Just wanted to close this out, payment has been received, car is SOLD.

Thanks,
Mark

daytonayellaz
08-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Moving out a project car to make room for a new purchase. Many of you have seen the car on the cover of Camaro Performer's magazine a few years back. The car has been painted by Best of Show Coachworks, and is stunning - a brilliant metallic red that is extremely striking. Straight body with fresh panels, Lateral Dynamics 3 Link rear suspension installed, mini-tubed to accept 335 tires. Car is a roller, no interior, drivetrain, or brakes. Will update with a list of items later this weekend, as well as some pictures of the build and recent shots as well. Market for cars is weak right now, everyone knows that, so the asking price is a very realistic $20k, you couldn't touch the car for this price if wanting to build a new car. I was compelled to close shop a few years back and as such, this is one of the few Lateral D second gens in existence. If you want to run with Jim Shipka's One Lap Camaro, Steve Rupp's Bad Penny, and beat the paint off of virtually every other car out there, this would make an extremely compelling package to finish. Car is in San Diego area. If finishing a project car isn't what you are capable of, I can certainly help by advising a highly capable shop that can finish the car for you, and insure that the remainder of selected components will result in a extremely capable and pleasureable car. All the hard work is done, just needs to be assembled and enjoyed.

Please PM for more information, and include an e-mail address that will accept photographs.
Mark

Mark... I need a phone call.

SparkyRnD
08-08-2012, 06:23 PM
great color, and a great car for someone to pick up

Steve N 69 69 69
01-19-2015, 08:00 PM
Anyone know what ever happened to this car? I hear the guy that bought it had some trouble and has been banned from here. I hope the car was built up right, it was a great deal. Sorry to bring up old stuff, I was researching 3 links and found this old post.

rickpaw
01-20-2015, 04:31 AM
The car was bought from Travis, and sold again.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/103908-1970-Camaro-with-a-Lateral-Dynamics-3-link-(Roller)?highlight=lateral+dynamic