PDA

View Full Version : Big Willow Track Day Feb 4 -- Warm up for RTTC?

Flash68
01-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Since my Thunderhill day tmrw got rained out, I registered for Big Willow on Feb 4 with Extreme Speed Track Events.

Any of you central or Socal guys/gals that are going to RTTC wanna join and get dialed in? :thumbsup:

https://www.extremespeedtrackevents.com/event-registration

Use code "willow17" to get the day for $90 including timing.

Protour_Pinto
01-22-2012, 10:28 PM
If im still unemployed Ill ride up and hang out for the day.

Bryce
01-23-2012, 06:30 AM
Thanks for posting, and a great price. My car is not ready for a track day yet, I am all set up for some autocrossing.

79-TA
01-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Bryce, get some belts in that thing! Have you considered running your daily driver Mustang (or would you rather not risk it with your primary means of transportation?)

Bryce
01-23-2012, 07:55 PM
I cant break the mustang.... HAHA! It is all set up for some decent handling, .96Gs on the freeway onramps. LOL.

Flash68
01-23-2012, 10:55 PM
Thanks for posting, and a great price. My car is not ready for a track day yet, I am all set up for some autocrossing.

What are you missing for the road course?

Bryce
01-24-2012, 06:13 AM
What are you missing for the road course?

I really want to add safety items. If I am going over 80mph I really would like to at least have a four point roll bar and a 5 point harness. I only have a lap belt right now and I wont add an upper body restraint until I have a roll bar. I have 4.11 gears in there which should be great for an autocross but with my 3 speed trans I am going to run out of gears on a bigger track. For track days I need to step up my brake pad compounds and design my TOP SECRET super cool rear drum brake coolers.

I also want to chake the car down at a local autocross and get more confidence before I make a big commitment like willow...

Michael@Hotchkis
01-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Im registered for this event, I cant wait. Hope to meet some of you guys there.

Flash68
01-25-2012, 12:02 AM
I really want to add safety items. If I am going over 80mph I really would like to at least have a four point roll bar and a 5 point harness. I only have a lap belt right now and I wont add an upper body restraint until I have a roll bar. I have 4.11 gears in there which should be great for an autocross but with my 3 speed trans I am going to run out of gears on a bigger track. For track days I need to step up my brake pad compounds and design my TOP SECRET super cool rear drum brake coolers.

I also want to chake the car down at a local autocross and get more confidence before I make a big commitment like willow...

That all makes sense Bryce. Very wisely thought out. I started investing more in safety gear well before the RTTX organizers rolled out there rules. People should be doing it for the right reasons IMO. Lookin fwd to seeing your car at El Toro.

Im registered for this event, I cant wait. Hope to meet some of you guys there.

Mike - lookin fwd to meeting you and seeing your Stang!

momo
01-30-2012, 12:05 AM
Still a few spots left....Contact [email protected]