PDA

View Full Version : just got back from the goodguys show!!!

gen3bu
07-09-2005, 03:32 PM
it was awesome. i think we only saw half of the cars there. we talked to craig morrison for a while - very cool guy and good to deal with. saw stevenrupp fly by on the golf cart while talking on his cell phone, he almost hit us - HANG UP AND DRIVE!!! LOL. saw a ton of great cars. very disappointed in the quality of boyds work. just wondering if the requirements for boyds pros picks is to build a better car than boyd.

2 of my favorites were a black x3 mustang - all business i expect to see an article in phr soon, and a 1969 volvo p1800 with an ls1. both were in the pros picks area.

everyone else that went, chime in tell about you favorites and post some pics - i forgot the camera, oh well.

kevin

vanzuuk1
07-09-2005, 03:54 PM
pictures? Steve o called me and said the black mustang was insane, I am dying to see it!

68fusion
07-09-2005, 08:56 PM
I came back a day early ... really bummed on the quality of cars there...I can count about 10 (not street rods) that really caught my attention, most were nice but I guess I expected more. The challenger was nice- too pro streetish for me- but exceptional quality. A few 1st gen camaros with 20's that look freakish in my opinion...I could stick my index finger in the door gaps on most of those, as well as some trunk gaps...Really liked a black mustang"R"... had the whole "g machine look" cool details ...a car that COULD be driven and perform as well. One yellow early vette was cool... had a zo6 theme , wheels suspension, dash, seats, ls6, and zo6 brake ducts...really sweet.

Geez Boyds cars are quite a bit less than I expected as was the "super snake" those cars were down right rough ...

The street rods there impressed the hell out of me...but they usually do...neat, clean and well thought out. But what Do I know...the ones I thought hands down was best...didnt win..It was refreshing to see everything from a tricked out rambler wagon to a ls1 powered volvo to a pro street scout...

Glad I went but dont think I'll be back until I have something to take.

gen3bu
07-10-2005, 10:21 AM
i was rather disappointed in the overall show quality and organization too. but you have to admit the street rod guys have together when it comes to the details. i didn't even know that chicayne was there. was twinstings car there - i didn't see it either. another car that i was bvery impressed with was the blue 70 nova from the last phr, built for $10k - very nice ride for the amount invested. i would put it up against the boyd's and unique performance cars in a show.

hands down, just too many cars to see in one day!

hotrodgary
07-10-2005, 06:06 PM
I had a good time....cruised all day and night!

I was really impressed with the blue nova from PHR....very neat little car! The black mustang was wicked!!! I really like the gold nova (was on rides) from year one also!

Everybodies got 20's or bigger though, they look cool on some cars...and look completely out of place on others, to each there own I suppose!

All in all it was a fun trip for me!!

Later, Gary.

turner69camaro
07-10-2005, 06:46 PM
yeh, Boyds cars continue to go down and his fame continues to go up. We went Saturday and I have to say the Mustand was impressive. What about the Black & Silver 57 Chevy, It was unbelievable even though it was there last year. Anyone see the 5 69 Camaro's in the Pro's Pick. I believe the solid black one took a award. I spoke to the owner and he said the dash was out of a 59 Chevy. It was the total package, good lines, nice interior and 20" & 18".

Overall, lots of bad cars that you couldn't see all and a good time! If you have never been then I would highly recommend it!

Kevin

Steve1968LS2
07-11-2005, 08:58 AM
Hey.. I didn't hit you.. lol.. if you have to be all over that HUGE place you would drive fast too :)

You should have waved me down.. I wanted to meet more site members!!

I had a great time.. lookin forward to next year..

Oh, the phone call was from my wife.. I HAD to take that one.

CraigMorrison
07-11-2005, 09:58 AM
Steve, Steve o, and the rest.....it was great to finally put some faces to the screen names. Steve, it was A-LOT of fun giving you and Johnny some crap during the Challenger photo shoot! Here are some of my pics-

http://public.fotki.com/CraigMorrison/2005_goodguys_nats/

Even some shots of you and JH in action!

:firefire: What a show!

MarkM66
07-11-2005, 10:08 AM
A few 1st gen camaros with 20's that look freakish in my opinion...I could stick my index finger in the door gaps on most of those, as well as some trunk gaps....

Which '69 with the "big gaps" are you refering too? Ones in the pro's pic area?

CraigMorrison
07-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Kevin- It was great talking with you too! I think your project ideas are going to make for a killer combo!

Steve1968LS2
07-11-2005, 10:26 AM

Yes more details would be nice..

Hey, why no phone call??? (did ya get my PM's?)

Oh, Nice to meet you too Craig.. you sure know how to beat the **** out of a rental car.. that poor poor PT Cruiser... :(

MarkM66
07-11-2005, 10:41 AM
[QUOTE=Steve1969LS1]Yes more details would be nice..

Hey, why no phone call??? (did ya get my PM's?)

QUOTE]

I tried. I sent you another pm.

69rs
07-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Great pics, Craig! Definitely some nice cars. Some of the wheels are getting too big though. I have a few of the Muscle Machines diecast cars, and they're cool, but I don't like the cartoon look on the real car as much!:dunno:

vanzuuk1
07-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Thank you for the pictures , just awesome, love the mustang and the challenger.

Steve1968LS2
07-11-2005, 12:42 PM
I tried. I sent you another pm.

I couldn't get internet between thursday and today.. the hotel only had internet access if you had wireless.. LAME!!!

Will see you at the next one.

As for wheels.. the black Camaro in the top 5 had 22's.. they were both cool and lame at the same time. Made the car look like a caricature or a toy car.. twenty inch wheels is about the most I can deal with.. what is next? 24's??

Travis B
07-11-2005, 12:58 PM
THat Challenger is pretty awesome....alloway is dam good! Don't care much for the name on the valve covers

CraigMorrison
07-11-2005, 01:17 PM
THat Challenger is pretty awesome....alloway is dam good! Don't care much for the name on the valve covers

It was a last minute change to that. Since the car fought them every step of the way during the assembly they joked how the car was posessed. Even the woman who used to own it called the car a "She Devil"......hence the name.

Travis B
07-11-2005, 01:57 PM
It was a last minute change to that. Since the car fought them every step of the way during the assembly they joked how the car was posessed. Even the woman who used to own it called the car a "She Devil"......hence the name.

The name is fine I just don't care much for the way it was presented on the cover I did kinda like the girl!

gen3bu
07-11-2005, 05:00 PM
great pics craig. now i have a mustang for wallpaper and i dont even like fords,lol.

steve - i didnt know who you were talking to and it looked like you were in a hurry, just didnt want to interupt something important.

CraigMorrison
07-11-2005, 06:20 PM
great pics craig. now i have a mustang for wallpaper and i dont even like fords,lol.

steve - i didnt know who you were talking to and it looked like you were in a hurry, just didnt want to interupt something important.
Hey- if you want, I can send you a few hi res versions of these images.

68fusion
07-11-2005, 06:37 PM
There were two black 69's friday infront of year one trailer( yep PP area -ones with those impala dashes)....both had gaps infront of the door I could get my index finger in.
Sorry to nit pick but it's something that "we" spend alot of time on. Not easy to do (perfect door gaps) but if you take time to cram those (IMOP) dumb wheels under it you got time to fit your sheet metal up. Even the year one car (white conv) was terrible...and they sell this stuff....the fender was even starting to rust out where they patched it. Guess when you do this stuff for a living you look more closely. To the average person that would never be an issue... I expected more from "Columbus" and in some regards it lived up to the hype...just on a smaller scale than I imagined.

gen3bu
07-11-2005, 07:50 PM
craig - do you have anymore shots of it? i would love to have a front 3/4 shot with the hood down (good luck to me). go ahead an email what you've got though.

kevin

MuscleRodz
07-11-2005, 09:30 PM
Craig, thanks for sharing the cool pics!

Mike

MarkM66
07-12-2005, 06:07 AM
When will your ride be at Columbus? I guess you'll be expecting a "Top 5"?

There were two black 69's friday infront of year one trailer( yep PP area -ones with those impala dashes)....both had gaps infront of the door I could get my index finger in.
Sorry to nit pick but it's something that "we" spend alot of time on. Not easy to do (perfect door gaps) but if you take time to cram those (IMOP) dumb wheels under it you got time to fit your sheet metal up. Even the year one car (white conv) was terrible...and they sell this stuff....the fender was even starting to rust out where they patched it. Guess when you do this stuff for a living you look more closely. To the average person that would never be an issue... I expected more from "Columbus" and in some regards it lived up to the hype...just on a smaller scale than I imagined.

Steve1968LS2
07-12-2005, 08:03 AM

Interupt me next time.. it is NEVER that important.. I want to meet as many pt guys as possible.. :)

CamaroAJ
07-12-2005, 08:26 AM
page 1 pic number 6 on the side shot of the black stang, what is that? kinda looks like a trans cooler and i heard a fan there when he drove by on his way out.

kboring
07-12-2005, 11:23 AM
oops

Steve1968LS2
07-12-2005, 12:59 PM
page 1 pic number 6 on the side shot of the black stang, what is that? kinda looks like a trans cooler and i heard a fan there when he drove by on his way out.

Trans coolers :)

gen3bu
07-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Interupt me next time.. it is NEVER that important.. I want to meet as many pt guys as possible.. :)

come back soon i will be sure to bug you, lol.

68fusion
07-13-2005, 03:38 AM
When will your ride be at Columbus? I guess you'll be expecting a "Top 5"?

I learned along time ago not to "expect" anything, even at car shows.

I dont have the budget of those cars so probably not.