PDA

View Full Version : 1970 Pontiac Lemans

john31s
01-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Okay, let me start by saying this is not a completely new project. It's my 1970 Pontiac Lemans. I bought the car when I was a freshman in high school and I have done small stuff to it. When I got it it had the original 350 Pontiac motor with a leaking two barrel, the orginal turbo 350 tranny, and the orginal 8.2 inch 10 bolt rear with 2.78 rear gears. And all of this boring stuff only had 38,000 orginal granny miles. Since then I changed ou the steel wheels for 14 inch Rally IIs, replaced the leaky two barrel with a rebuilt two barrel, and replaced bench seat with ProCar buckets. For now I'm going to swap the two barrel out for a four barrel and I will swap the rear gear for something more lively. I plan on swapping a LS1 and T56 eventually so I won't pour money into the original drivetrain. Right now I'm planning on working on the suspension. I already replaced the front sway bar with a hotckis and I added a new hotckis out back. Now I plan on replacing all the worn out rubber bushings with polyurethane along with replacing the sloppy power steering box with a new one. Then I plan on doing the brakes and I will change the wheels out for the new 17 inch Rally IIs from year one. So this is my plan and I want you opinion What steering box should I go with? And has anyone bought the CPP corvette kit?

Thanks