PDA

View Full Version : Special of the Week - Ricks Stainless VAPORWORX Gas Tanks

MCB Matt
01-16-2012, 01:06 PM
This special will apply to the following cars....prices are listed and this is a special one week deal we have secured
with Ricks

This Tank is a MUST for Auto-X and hard performance driving...The amazing baffle/pickup system makes it like nothing else.

Another great feature is the pump, if you break down anywhere USA you can get a pump from the GM Dealer!

Kit includes: Vaporworx Tank, Gen 5 Camaro Fuel Pump with Fuel level sending Unit, Stainless straps with hardware and Special wiring harness from Tank. All it takes is a + / - to power the pump and a ground and signal wire to the fuel gauge. Feel free to call, Email or PM for an explination of how the system works.

Vaporworx tanks details and pricing:

All Tanks Listed Below are FREE Shipped to the 48 States which is under retail and shipping usually runs $75-$110

62-72 nova $1595 Shipped
67-69 camaro $1595 Shipped
70-73 Camaro $1625 Shipped
63-72 chevy Truck $1625 Shipped
68-72 chevelle $1649 Shipped

64-67 Chevelle/Abody $1695 (2-3 wk delivery) Shipped
74-81 Camaro $1725 (2-3 wk delivery) Shipped

Notched Corners FREE

Allow 7-10 Business days for most tanks to be delivered.

1) Original Equipment reliability. It’s hard to beat OE testing and validation for long-term performance and reliability.

2) All-in-one design. The module has a built-in fuel filter and pressure regulator. Only a single line out to the fuel rail is needed. The
return lines, external filters, regulators, extra plumbing, and all of the other parts and mounting space required for a traditional return-type setup are no longer needed. Fuel heating is also minimized since no external return line is needed.

3) OE sealed wiring connections. All power and fuel level sending signals route through a single OE sealed connector.

4) Multiple ohm range fuel sending units can be used including the early 0-90 ohm type and a more modern 33-240 ohm OE unit.

5) OE fuel pump module seals, cam rings, and fuel pressure regulators are used. Need a new part in a hurry? They are as close as
your GM dealer or auto parts store.

6) Fully serviceable through the fuel pump module mounting ring. The tank construction has been designed to allow for
servicing of all components without the need for special tools. All that is needed to empty the tank of serviceable parts is a Philips screwdriver, Channel Lock pliers, and side cutters.

7) All stainless tank construction. The fuel pump module mounting ring is machined from 304 stainless tubing and TIG welded
to the tank for reliability.

8) 620 horsepower capable @ 58psi using 13.5v input voltage and a 0.5 BSFC. Perfect for many Chevy, Ford, and Dodge EFI engine
conversions. Voltage boosters, such as the Magnuson Magnavolt, have shown an increase in fuel delivery up to 750hp.

9) Superb fuel delivery even under low-fuel conditions. Extensive track and real-world street testing have shown
excellent results with the Vaporworx fuel module option. The fuel pump module also ties into a corner pickup system in order to use the maximum amount of available fuel even under demanding track conditions.

10) Many new designs also have a long-range, increased volume option.

11) Modified tanks to accommodate larger exhaust, offset leaf spring brackets, etc. are also available.

This new design allows fuel system installation to be significantly easier than past designs. Since only a single pressure line to the
engine is required there is no need to mount pressure regulators, fuel filters, return lines, clamps, etc. Just install the Rick’s tank as you would a stock design, and plumb in a single pressure line to your engine fuel rail. It is possible to have aftermarket tubing companies modify a stock hard fuel line with the connections of your choice to make routing simple and clean.

This new design has been extensively tested in both the real world and laboratory. Road course testing has shown that the new tank design is very capable to less than one gallon of fuel remaining in the tank. Also, in the very capable hands of Mary Pozzi, the tank was subjected to five consecutive (no breaks) one-minute high-speed autocross runs, followed by 10 minutes of fun time around the course.
Starting with just under four gallons in the tank, the fuel delivery was flawless. Laboratory tests have confirmed that at very low fuel levels when only one corner pickup is used, i.e. hard cornering, that just over one minute of full pump output can be delivered to the engine before the module reservoir runs dry. That’s serious performance.

pw2006
01-16-2012, 01:56 PM
email sent :)

BeerB8AmmoGRITS
01-17-2012, 05:05 AM
Email sent, these are a work of art!

John Wright
01-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Man....that seems like a great deal for my car. Why do these deals come along when I don't have the cash to spare and take advantage of these.

MCB Matt
01-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the replies and orders already!!!! Throw it on a credit card!

Matt

John Wright
01-17-2012, 10:27 AM
Throw it on a credit card!

Matt

Matt...dude, are you trying to get me killed? Shhhhh, never speak of this around my wife.....

MCB Matt
01-17-2012, 11:52 AM
She shouldn't be on here, she could follow your every move!!!!! Be careful.....lol

Bad94
01-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Do you need to run the VaporWorx Electronic Fuel Pump Speed Control Systems? Or does the come with the tank?

Im doing a small block with the Holley EFI .

Do the tanks come with abungwelded in for a return? Or a vent?

4mul8ion
01-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Email Sent.

Kevin

CarlC
01-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Matt, thank you for the supporting the great sale and support of Rick's Tanks and VaporWorx. That's a great package deal you have put together.

The electronic fuel pump speed control system (FlowWorx or PressureWorx) are needed when 1) A CTS-V pump is used, and/or 2) a lot of miles are driven. Power Tour, daily driving, ++++. For most applications that are under 625hp N/A and can operate with a 58psi fuel pressure, the standard mechanical fuel pressure regulation system offered in the Rick's tanks is just fine and less expensive.

The tanks do have a vent bung. It is not recommended to use an external regulator with this system. It can create many problems due to the way that a fuel module works.

A few tips on installation:

1) Get the Russell 644120 GM 3/8" to AN6 adapter. It is a very nice part.

2) Use a good flexible line to connect to the fuel module. The XRP HS-79 smooth bore PTFE hose is excellent. It's very flexible, has a very tight bending radius, and has a small cross-section. The other nice thing about this hose is since it is very flexible it reduces the chances of breaking the outlet fitting on the module. Care should be used to make sure that no strain is applied to the module outlet during installation or after. AN6 is more than sufficient for the Camaro pump.

3) Assemble everything first. Put the wiring harness on and tape it to the top of the tank (where applicable.) Attach the 644120 to the fuel line first then install on the module (reduces the chances of a wrench slipping and breaking something. Attach the fuel sensor wiring. It's a lot easier to do these things on the bench vs. on your back.

4) Use conical AN seals. For the cost, they are worth 10X the amount of headaches they cure.

If there are any questions please fire away, and thank you for your support of Rick's Tanks and VaporWorx.

John Wright
01-18-2012, 04:08 AM
Killer deal, surprised that others haven't jumped in here.

MCB Matt
01-18-2012, 10:04 AM
There are quite a few in the works and some ordered. Many guys are looking at package deals with the tank and we have dozens of specials going on right now but Hector said this deal is dead at 12am monday morning so jump if your gunna guys!!! Its an incredible tank and will be going in our shop project eventually!

Matt

Alongfortheride
01-18-2012, 02:05 PM
what do you mean by alot of miles driven. are we talking about if your gonna drive 400 miles in a day with a mild ls1 youll need this fuel controller

cspecken
01-18-2012, 02:25 PM
What is the regular price of these tanks? I am throwing an LS3 in my 64 GTO, running about 500-550hp, mostly street driven during good weather, and maybe autocross once in a while. What is the difference between the Vaporworx and and regular Rick's tank? Or is there a regular Rick's tank?

MCB Matt
01-18-2012, 04:41 PM
The diff is the pickups outboard on the tank and the pump system used, its a far better tank for auto-x or hard driven cars once the fuel level drops. We are discounting the tanks about $250

Matt

MCB Matt
01-18-2012, 04:42 PM
If you go to vaporworx.com you will see how the system works

MCB Matt
01-18-2012, 04:45 PM
4 tanks sold today.....keep em comin its already wed!

CarlC
01-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Taking long road trips is no problem with any of the VaporWorx products. However, if you're looking at putting on a lot of miles, say 10-15k per year, then the PWM systems start to look very attractive from a long-term reliability standpoint when the LS3 Camaro fuel module is used.

For comparison, GM offered 3-year/36,000 mile warranties on cars like the Pontiac G8 which uses a fuel system/return like the standard VaporWorx system Matt has on sale. For GM to start offering 100K mile warranties they needed to increase the pump life expectancy. PWM does that and more.

MCB Matt
01-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Tanks are already shipping! Tracking numbers are being sent today and will be forwarded to you guys as your orders are complete!

Thanks again for the business on this special..

MCB

Bad94
01-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Just got off the phone, placing a order.

Alongfortheride
01-19-2012, 06:46 PM
So what your saying is 36000 miles is what you can expect out of the pump with out the controller then you have to drop another how much is a replacement unit?

MCB Matt
01-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Thanks bad94, we appreciate the biz!

MCB

CarlC
01-19-2012, 11:43 PM
I don't know how long the fuel module will last. I have not worn one out yet, nor am I aware that any have in this application. The best long-term comparison I can use are the OE applications that run in a similar manner. 36,000 miles was the warranty period. How many last longer than that? The vast majority last much longer.

A new Gen 5 Camaro module is $225-$250.

SVC707
01-20-2012, 02:33 PM
OMG, Matt.... can we work out a deal here lol. pm me as I was looking at these but never thought youd do a deal on them.

im heading down there monday if all my parts are in but maybe we can talk and order me one of these too!!!! and ill make a payment monday???!!!! killing me!

MCB Matt
01-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Yes, we can do that, can you give Kim a call and have her get the details and add it to your order?

Thanks
Matt

MCB Matt
01-21-2012, 10:11 AM
Thanks to everyone for the many orders! Carl and MCB appreciate it!

We still have until tomorrow night to take orders...or should I say Monday morning...

Please let us know if you have any questions or are ready to pull the trigger on one of these tanks!

Thanks again for your support

Matt + Kim

robert worl
01-22-2012, 07:05 PM
Matt, just checking to see if you received the PM I sent you yesterday ?
Can you please give me a call Monday morning.
Thank,
Robert

MCB Matt
01-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Yes, I will call shortly.

All other PM's replied, several last minute purchases on the tanks!

Thanks for all the biz, we sold over 10 tanks...

Matt

MCB Matt
01-24-2012, 09:27 AM
Tank sale is closed for now. We are working with Hector to put up another one in the future. If you are still interested in a tank send me a message, I will quote out the best price I can.

Thanks again for the amazing support from you guys

Matt + Kim

MCB Matt
03-11-2012, 08:48 PM
This was a great sale, many tanks sold! Perfect setup for LS motor swaps with an amazing quality hand made tank and OEM GM pump systems. Grab one during the rebirth of the special!

MCB Matt
03-26-2012, 12:23 PM
All PM's and trackng number sent so far!

Thanks for the second nice run on thesea,

MCB

icemanrd19
03-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Just bought a DSE subframe, 67 vaporworks tank, and a 69 vaporworks tank. Waiting to hear if they find some 67 marquez tail lights laying around.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Randy

MCB Matt
03-26-2012, 04:16 PM
No, thank you Randy! We really appreciate the biz! You picked some good stuff! I think we may have an old set of marquez tails here we were going to sell at open box

We will let you know.

Thanks again
Matt

MCB Matt
04-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Once again I am not a fan of group purchases but how many of you are interested in a ricks/vaporworx tank?

We will see if we can get something going for you! It will be at least as good as the last deal!

Thanks
MCB

scottymonte
04-06-2012, 04:32 AM
Matt,

Did you recieve my PM about this?

Thanks,

ssx
04-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Matt, Since free shipping is listed as only for the main 48, how much would shipping be to Hawaii (96740)?

MCB Matt
04-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Matt,

Did you recieve my PM about this?

Thanks,
Invoice should be in your inbox
Thanks again!
Kim

MCB Matt
04-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Matt, Since free shipping is listed as only for the main 48, how much would shipping be to Hawaii (96740)?

Need to know which car this is going in so i can figure out your discounted shipping costs lmk
Thanks
Kim

ssx
04-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Okay Kim. It's a 67' Nova.

scottymonte
04-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Invoice should be in your inbox
Thanks again!
Kim

Sorry Kim, the invoice has not shown up in my inbox yet. Would it be possible to resend it?

Thanks,

MCB Matt
04-22-2012, 05:21 PM
The demand for the MCB pricing on these tanks has been nothing short of amazing!

We are working close with Hector at Ricks tanks to keep production up and the prices good. We are selling multiple tanks a day and there is no end in sight so keep calling, PM or email with your application and we will quote the correct tank to your specs or help you figure whats best for your car and get you the best price, service and shipping times possible due to our volume of sales and great mutual respect between MCB and Ricks!!

These tanks are a work of art and can be made to almost any spec you want....GM, Mopar, Ford, custom (just send dimensions and pump/sending unit needs!)

Thanks
MCB

MCB Matt
04-27-2012, 07:34 AM
Slight price increase on the tanks, we are picking up about half of it though

Get orders in as soon as you can....we see a lot of mid year increases coming from manufactures

Once again, from Vaporworx, Ricks and MCB thanks for all the tank orders and supporting a great USA made product!

MCB

MCB Matt
05-09-2012, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the continued Purchases on the tanks.

Forum member pricing continues

Call, email or PM for pricing on your tank

We have special pricing on all Ricks tanks and Vaporworx

MCB

MCB Matt
05-10-2012, 02:41 PM
I wanted to give everyone a heads up on the Vaproworks tanks, for those of you who are waiting for a tank or who are looking to purchase a tank. Due to the overwhelming response of this sale we have kept Hector and his crew at Ricks tanks very busy. Both MCB and Rick's did not expect this kind of response, however we are greatful and can not thank you all enough for the business. With the mad rush of orders Ricks has run out of parts here and there while building tanks, which in turn has slowed down the turn around time. We set out to get tanks out the door in 4 weeks, we are now running 6-7 weeks. I want to be the first to appologize for the delay however, keep in mind you are getting the best of the best and it is always worth the wait! Feel free to call or email at any time if you are wanting an update We are here to help!
Thanks again for all the support
Kim
MCB

MCB Matt
05-14-2012, 09:11 AM
We are still offering great prices on Ricks tanks as well as the Vaporworx tank kits...as always feel free to call, PM or email for your forum member price!

Thanks for making us the #1 forum source for Ricks tanks!

MCB

MCB Matt
06-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Got gas? If not...we can help!

Ricks stainless or Vaporworx is the ONLY way to go!!!

Systems to feed pretty much any GPM and PSI demands!

Let us know which tank you are after or your fuel demands and we can help you make the right decision on which tank is best for your needs.

From a weekend cruiser, daily driver to track car these tanks will do the job and look sexy for years to come :cool:

Draginutz
07-01-2012, 10:55 AM
PM Sent

MCB Matt
07-05-2012, 11:42 AM
All tank PMs replied! The price increase was very minor too..hector is doing a GREAT job on the tanks and keeping the costs down yet putting out a bad a$$ product....

We are about to put one in my late fathers 68 droptop bird...as well as a DSE frame and L92 and 6 speed thanks to daytonayellaz....the guy is GREAT....

Anyone looking into LS motors or parts, he is the MAN...don't even bother shopping around, he cares about his work and customers and works his A$$ off to make sure you get exactly what you want!

Again, thanks for your support and i can't wait to get my pops bird back on the road!!!

Matt

MCB Matt
07-23-2012, 08:27 AM
We have a new special in the works, details will be announced ASAP, anyone still need a tank? Ricks or vaporworx?

Last time we sold several of these so i want to make sure the demand is still there for us to put together a special again

Thanks
Matt

MCB Matt
08-20-2012, 09:37 AM
This sale has been brought back! Check the sales listings!

MCB

MCB Matt
08-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Tanks are building and shipping. Tracking will be sent as soon as your tank ships. Thanks for the success on this special again!

MCB

MCB Matt
09-14-2012, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the orders, we are still selling several a week at our special price. Jump in if you need one.

Thanks for the orders, we appreciate your support!

MCB

dcdman67
03-29-2014, 01:01 PM
Does anyone have a fuel diagram for installation of this tank? I am working to install this into my 1967 camaro with a LS3. From everything that I have read, this engine is designed as a returnless system. I have an external regulator for the LS1, but the post by Carl C. says it is best to use the system as is. Currently I have a feed line running to the engine which connects to the tank (fuel filter is installed post feed line/pre engine). The vent line would run from the engine into the canister and back to the fuel tank vent supplied. Is this the correct installation?

Thanks!

rallystyle
03-29-2014, 02:47 PM
http://vaporworx.com/

click on Documentation on the left.

CarlC
03-29-2014, 03:43 PM
dc,

Thank you for your Vaporworx purchase. The LS3 module systems from Rick's come with a 58 psi regulator already installed. No return line is needed.

badazz81z28
04-04-2014, 05:33 PM
Matt,

Can you give me a status of my tank? I got an email from Kim on the 24th of March saying it was being packed and shipped that day and tracking was soon to come. Its been nearly two week and no tracking or tank.

Rob

badazz81z28
04-04-2014, 05:33 PM
Matt,

Can you give me a status of my tank? I got an email from Kim on the 24th of March saying it was being packed and shipped that day and tracking was soon to come. Its been nearly two week and no tracking or tank.

Rob