PDA

View Full Version : MAF EFI Conversion From Quality Roadsters

squid
07-09-2005, 12:21 AM
Good morning,

I am contemplating installing kit for a 355 SBC in 68 Camaro. What does every one think about the MAF System? Versus the Holley and Edelbrock products? Versus Speed-Density-based systems?

http://www.mass-floefi.com/MFchevy.html

Thanks

Blown353
07-09-2005, 02:06 PM
A MAF-based system will be more precise (which is why OEM's use it, the more precise airflow measurements of a MAF system allow better control of emissions) but a good speed-density system also does a fine job.

They aren't very specific on the website, but it appears just to be a Ford EEC-IV system coupled with a specialty hotwire MAF sitting on top a 4-barrel throttle body. The EEC-IV is a good computer.

Also, I don't quite buy their "no programming" thing; you'll still need to tweak acceleration enrichment, cold start parameters, timing tables, target A/F ratio tables, etc, for your particular application. Nothing is ever a "one size fits all" when it comes to EFI as there are SO many system variables. I can't find any definate answers or user manuals on their website so I can't say for sure.

I'd find out more info before I dove in. However, I do like the idea of using off the shelf OEM components whenever possible for easy parts availability and serviceability, which is what this system appears to offer.

Troy