PDA

View Full Version : blown need info on front suspension

lonhix
01-14-2012, 02:05 PM
I'm in the process of buying parts for my 73 camaro. My cousins have and build super nice muscle cars even won Pinks at gateway. But that's the problem, it's all drag racing. He has different ideas of what to build. I don't want full blown PT but love the look and stance. I already bought a Martz 4-link with QA-1 coil-overs. For the front I was thinking Heidts narrowed uppers and lowers just so I could have a little extra lip on the outside of the wheel. Iwas also thinking QA-1 coil-overs and wilwood brakes. I've been told I won't need drop spindes with coil-overs. This is with stock subframe so wanting info on getting the stance and also about narrowed arms pos's and neg's. Was wanting 17" by 8" Boyd PT-09 on front. Any info or advise would be helpful. Thanx Lonnie

exwestracer
01-14-2012, 02:19 PM
I'd stay away from narrowed arms for one reason. If you want the tires out near the fender lip (PT style), you're going to have a lot of scrub radius with the offset wheels. You may run into some steering clearance issues there. As far as drop spindles go, it all depends on what ride height you want to run. Most of us try to get the lower control arm level (mounting bolt to ball joint) at ride height; which gives you 4-5" of bottom rail clearance, depending on tire size. If you want it lower, I'd go with the drop spindle to keep the geometry correct.