PDA

View Full Version : A slightly different car for Pro-Touring, especially if you need more room,,,,

MonzaRacer
01-11-2012, 03:09 AM
OK so this car I have had since 1988 and it came from California. It was sold to me as a 1969 Pontiac Ventura Catalina, I have one complete script and one thats missing the V unless I find it.
It did have a 428 in it when it came out but due to over heating the people I bought it from though engine was bad and it was bad neck on radiator which I had fixed and wound up selling as my Executive had a good one.
The doors shut like a new car, the body doesnt look bad from out side but IT HAS BEEN SITTING. It is what it is.
Well it went in demo car and DID get burnt up.
So I had a plan,misguided as it was I built a stock piston/rod 400, 389 nodualr iron crank thats 010/010 and shot peened then hard chromed(race crank), the one off Lunati solid lifter cam that went with the crank and I had put a 2x4 Offy intake on it and 2 Carter 4bbls but sold them a ways back. Also it has a set of headers from a 64 Tempest another friend had, probably need some work but might give good pattern, It now is minus the radiator as it would fit my first gen Montes back when I needed one, and its sat without an intake for a while so the engine HAS to come out for rework, details in list. It also has the stock th400 with a Vega converter in it, stalls about 1800.
The rearend is the stock 10 bolt but those cars had HUGE axles and are bolt in, it has rearend from a 70 Bonneville with 2.93 gears and a limited slip from a 66 Grand Prix.
Also in trunk comes most of my spare Pontiac parts, a block, crank, some rods(factory arma cast/cast pistons) other misc parts, 2 set high compression heads, one set of either 4x or 6x heads and in the car is a Qjet intake and carb,,,carb may be junk,,not sure.
It has a pair of bucket seats from a mid 70s grand prix I may keep for my Caprice project.
It will need some dog house parts as I hit a deer before it came off road. I do have a couple spare front bumpers.
Car is fixable I believe, so I am listing it for sale,, and I need to move it and make a little money.
It does have all the original glass.
So here is how I am listing it:
1969 Pontiac Ventura Catalina
Used to have a 428 4bbl 390 hp ,missing
Has a squared 400 with 2bbl heads and new bearings and such when I built it
389 nodualr iron crank, 010/010, shot peened and hard chromed (was drag crank) stock rods/pistons.
Lunati one off solid lifter race cam/lifters (VERY LARGE supposedly as large as could be had in flat tappet)
Headers from a 64 Tempest, brand unknown
Echlin dual point dist (forerunner to Accel)
th400/3sp Vega converter
factory 70 Bonneville 10 bolt 2.93 gears, limited slip from a 66 Grand Prix with Green stripe posi springs (stiffest available from GM)
It used to have great brakes all from NAPA a they came from my old Executive and I had rebuilt them in tech school (has huge like 11 in brakes)
Its black, hasnt had a vinyl top for years so its not rotted out.

I am asking $2000 obo (as is)for the complete car(seats negotiable) and all the parts in the trunk (spare heads, block, stock crank, some sheet metal, probably cam build a near complete engine out of trunk)

Less chrome crank, cam/lifters, headers/distributor/Vega converter $1000 obo(as is)

I will have to file for lost title as my step mother never gave me title (her and dad had it in fire proof lock box but must have misplaced it,,no big deal)Rapid title usually takes about a 3 to 5 days. with deposit I will file for it.
Car is in Burns City, IN
PH 812-709-1006
Email [email protected]
If you would want a fresh engine built that should no issue as there is a machine shop in my town and the race engine parts were from his old race car.
Call if you want more details.