PDA

View Full Version : LT1/4L60E feeler thread WIW?

130fe
01-10-2012, 04:00 AM
I am trying to figure out what selling price to ask for this engine/transmission. I am making several changes to my car in the next month and I am selling my LT1/4L60E out of my Camaro. The combo has approximately 12000 miles on it and there is nothing wrong with it. The reason I am selling it is that I am swapping in a LS3/T56 into the car. It was originally out of a 1996 Impala SS and it is the iron head version of the LT1.

Engine specs-
Block was bored to .030
GM Hotcam kit with 1.6 roller rockers
Chrome Street and Performance accessory kit
Street and Performance fuel line relocation kit installed (it converts the factory fuel rail connections to dual AN6 lines that extend off of the engine approx. 2 feet.)
LT4 Corvette Valve covers and fuel rail covers
Every sensor is from GM and has been replaced since it was rebuilt
The PCM is set up for a Speed Density tune and it has a S&P Air filter front of the throttle body.

Transmission-
1996 4L60E rebuilt to stock specifications with a stock torque converter

It also has a Painless Wiring 60502 conversion harness and the OBD1 PCM (8051 style) has been reprogrammed by Bryan at PCMSFORLESS. I have 3:73’s and I usually get around 17MPG in town and 22 MPG on the highway. Everything is included EXCEPT for the AC compressor. You can run the accessories without the compressor if wanted.

I have driven it on a couple of Hot Rod Power Tours and never had any problems. This combo is ready to drop into just about anything, just add your fuel system and exhaust and you will be ready to go. I have been using SBC style headers without any issues. I have had the car on a chassis dyno and it put out just over 300 RWHP/RWTQ. I will also include an LT1 Scanmaster scan tool. It is a scanner that plugs into the OBD port and you can read all of the PCM perameters. It is a great troubleshooting tool.

All items will be available towards the end of the month and will be located in Orlando, FL at Prodigy Customs. If you have any questions, please PM me here or email me at cja130fe at yahoo.com.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2765480960066817753cTySjH)

GeoffP
01-10-2012, 02:44 PM
I sold the LT1 out of my 68 just a few months ago for $800 complete with the engine accessories. I think I priced it a little low, but I don't think it would've brought much more than that. LT1's are just so hard to sell unless you find something that needs one for a replacement engine or that just wants one due to their ease of installation in older GM cars and trucks.