PDA

View Full Version : Help figuirng out wiring on a few 4th gen parts, cig lighter, master cylinder plugs

yody
07-07-2005, 09:46 PM
Hoping someone here can help me out on this, I have 2 things i am having probs figuring out how it needs to be wired. On my 2000 firebird console there are 2 cig lighters. There are about 3 wires coming out of each, and some are the same wires, can anyone show me a diagram or tell me what wires go to where?
Also on my 2000 LS1 master cylinder there are 2 white wires coming from the resevoir for the low pressure light, where do these wires go? are they grounds? thanks!!

68LSS1
07-08-2005, 12:48 AM
I've got the '98 Helms that I can lok at if no one has anything closer.

yody
07-10-2005, 09:33 PM
help! any news? thanks!

68LSS1
07-11-2005, 09:46 AM
In the '98 Helms there are two wires on this switch which it calls it a Brake Fluid Level Indicator Sensor. This is the only switch on the master cylinder. A black one that goes to ground and a tan/white that is hot from the brake lamp. When the level is low the switch closes giving the ground and turning the lamp on. Note that there is a diode off the brake lamp indicator and it shouldn't matter which wires go where with this switch. It looks like that the parking brake switch (closed with brake on), signal off the combo valve (pressure) as well as signals from two modules all splice together at the same point and use the brake lamp indicator.
As far as the cigar lighter there is a orange wire off the fuse to a splice where the the orange splits into three wires going to the lighter, aux lighter and DLC (Data Link Connector). There is a black wire off the lighters to ground. I suppose the orange wire to the DLC is used as this circuit is always hot? Therefor supplying power to a scan tool.