PDA

View Full Version : What's it worth? more or less...

bimmen325
12-28-2011, 08:05 PM
I may have to move to Venezuela in two months, if I take a job offer. I need to plan for this just in case it happens, so I need an idea of what a 68 Firebird with an ls2/4l70e is worth. The car is straight and will have the swap completed soon. I really do not want to sell it, but I may not have a choice.
I will know for sure in three weeks, my friend wants to buy it from me but I have no idea what a fair price would be. Car was running before swap and will be running perfectly I am sure, with the ls2.
The car will have the following:
brakes http://www.mattsclassicbowties.com/contents/en-us/d2365.html
Ls2/4l70e from daytonayellaz (who is currently doing the swap) very nice guy, true motorhead.

daytonayellaz
12-28-2011, 09:30 PM
:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: Man Bro! I about fell over just now seeing this! I truly hope you dont have to sell this car before truly getting to enjoy it, that would be a crying shame...:crying:

Things are well under way on your LS2/4L70E swap. The old motor and trans are out.... Lots of parts ordered. Intake manifold just showed up. We started your Custom Engine harness. Need a little more info from you to tune your computers. I do need to talk to you so give me a call tomorrow, Im on the road most of the day between job sites.

As far as value goes.... I know there are a lot of things you were planning on doing to the car upon its return. So Im not sure if that has changed or not? Here are some things that need to be mentioned that are going in with the LS2/4L70E swap...

Custom built Harness(ECM/TCM going inside the car under front of the factory console)
Dynatech Headers
Vaporworx Tank
New Fuel Lines
LS2 Corvette Intake Manifold
Mast oil pan
Kwik accessory drive brackets
New 4th Gen F-Body Radiator and Fans
And of course al the needed small stuff.

:idea: Take the car with you! :cheers:

Good luck Chavelo!! Talk to you soon....

bimmen325
12-28-2011, 09:47 PM
It's not a done deal yet, but it's is beginning to look like it. I was hoping to just make it quick trip, but for some reason they actually liked me. It might be, that I look like Hugo Chavez(yes I'm that ugly).

MyFriendScott
12-29-2011, 04:58 AM
Considering you'll never get back the parts/labor $$ you put into the car, is the "fair price" you're asking for from the seller's or buyer's point of view? :)
Ultimately, it's only worth what someone is willing and able to pay for it, not what you value it for, but if you want a way to ballpark it, take the average sale price for a 'bird for a starting point. Then total up what you'll pay in parts and labor to have the motor/tranny swap. Halve that figure and add it to the average sale price. Now expect that value to have a range of +-20% depending on who's showing interest in the car.

Yes, there are still people in this economy with lots of money (not me unfortunately) buying expensive toys.Hopefully, you'll find one to buy the Firebird.

bimmen325
12-29-2011, 07:52 AM
Well the good thing on my side is that here in the Permian Basin we are swamped with work, the company I work for has not been able to fill all the positions it has available. If people don't find work out here it's just because they just don't want to work, everyone is hiring.
I have a potential buyer lined up already, I just wanted a ball park value.
Thanks.

daytonayellaz
12-29-2011, 08:40 AM
I have a potential buyer lined up already, I just wanted a ball park value.
Thanks.

We should probably talk real soon... Your potential buyer may want to change things up a bit as far as what Im doing to the car?? Now would be the time to know that. :cheers: