PDA

View Full Version : CHEVY/GMC 4x4 wanted

paulk68
12-28-2011, 06:32 AM
Hello All, I am looking for a pre 1987 Chevy or GMC 4X4 pickup truck for sale. I would really like something with as little rot as possible I am not reall picky this will be my yard truck and will be driven in bad weather to and from work. Let me know what you have. Looking to keep it under 5K. Might go over that price for the right truck
thank you

Evldoer
01-04-2012, 08:38 PM
How is the search going for you? Last year I was in the same position as you, wanted a pre 87 chevy, ended up with a 86 chevy cucv. Not sure if you are familiar with these trucks, but they are tough! I got mine off the govliquidation.com site, won an auction for a truck with only 20,000 miles on it, got it for 2 grand.Had to bring it back from ft. meade in Maryland. It is completely rust free, but has a few dents from the army handling it with a forklift. I drive it every day, and I put my plow on it for the winter. Check em out, they are worth the money if your not looking for anything fancy.
click on this link. while most of them are blazers, there are a few pickups mixed in.

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/endecaSearch?Ns=P_Lot_Number%7C0&cmd=keyword&N=0&words=chevrolet&Nty=1&Ntt=chevrolet&No=0&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchall&Ntk=Keyword

paulk68
01-05-2012, 07:12 AM
Thank you very much for the info, search is SLOW. Not much in my area that is in good shape, or if it is the price is through the roof. My brother works are fort meade so that might be a good option for me. thanks again
Paul