PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone installed this radio in a 67 Camaro?

tonyvol
12-22-2011, 06:47 PM
Hey guys, I'm looking to upgrade my stereo in my 67 camaro and I can't install a hidden stereo in the glovebox because I have a Vintage Air. Has anyone installed one of these? I was wondering how the quality is? I plan to run a seperate amp with the radio. Will this radio sound good?

http://www.radiosforoldcars.com/newradio0F.htm

Thanks,

oestek
12-23-2011, 06:21 AM
Wow, great link. I have no experience with them (yet...) but am going to check them out.

MyFriendScott
12-24-2011, 05:58 AM
I haven't installed this but based on the price, I'd say if your build is not going for a VERY stock look, you'll be wasting about $400. You can pick up a quality head unit today for $200, why spend the extra $400 on something lacking so many of the features that a modern head unit will provide? If top notch audio quality and functionality is your goal, this would not be the right answer.

tonyvol
12-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Thanks David, the problem I have is I don't want to cut up the dash. I was thinking about putting a hidden stereo in glovebox, but I have vintage air and I don't think a hidden stereo will fit. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

67rally
12-25-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm curious about this head unit as well. I know that it has rca connections for mp3/cd/satellite. If anyone has it, I'd like to know if you can control an ipod or satellite radio with the buttons or knobs on the unit. And if so, how does it work.

Denvervet
12-29-2011, 05:17 PM
I just got mine...4-6 week wait standard. I too wanted to keep stock dash and don't like the cheap look of the others available for that. This unit is very shallow depth...3"...which is very handy for mounting if you have vintage air ducting to deal with. It's pricey for sure but looks perfectly stock. As far as sound.....don't know yet but since we're running amps and good speakers can't imagine it sounding bad.
I'd rather spend a little more than to buy a cheaper looking one and be disappointed and then buy another.