PDA

View Full Version : I think I posted this in the wrong section last time

Ishmael
09-01-2004, 02:06 PM
I need help finding a good CD installation kit for 68 a firebird. I posted this question in the electrical section but I guess it's not really electrical. Its more cosmetic as the way it is installed now is butt ugly. Any suggestions? Sorry for putting it in the wrong forum last time, I'm new to this.

Blue67gto
09-01-2004, 04:35 PM
I really doubt that any kit is made for your car. When it was new, the stereo would have been a shaft mount stereo. then someone along the line probably cut the dash for a single din cd deck. I can check at work tommarrow for a kit but I doubt the books go back that far. Have you thought of having something custom made? I am unsure of what your dash looks like but any compatent stereo dealler should be able to fix you up with something. If you post some pics I could tell you what I would do at work with our materials. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

matt

Ishmael
09-01-2004, 05:02 PM
Actually, I was the idiot that hacked the dash. The CD player looks like an old-school radio from about 10 feet away and I thought I could fab something but it isn't working out. I thought maybe Detroit Speed or some other aftermarket company would have put something together for goofs like me by now. Thanks for any help you cangive me.
Scott