PDA

View Full Version : New England Gathering/Cruise dates

YoungGun
07-06-2005, 05:13 PM
Hey guys.
I know Steve started this NE idea but he is overwhelmed with all his new found fame from the Shrifter! :) So I am willing to try and organize a get together with any guys willing from PT.com and Lateral-g. My plan would be a Saturday gathering somewhere probably Southern CT so the NY guys wont have to go too far, and myself and some of the MA guys can come down.

So anyway, I think we should try to get a good number of people first and based on Steves post we seem to have interest. I have some possible dates, so if you can attend just vote for the date you want. Any major problems with dates let me know. I will try to include everyone as best I can. Any ideas let me know, but once we have a date I will try to think of some stuff. I dont think the Limerock/glenn events are gonna work with there schedules of events.

So lets see how this goes...

Ralph LoGrasso
07-06-2005, 05:27 PM
I think August 6 will be the best. It will give people ample time to get their cars ready (within reason). The farther off the event is the best chance people will have at clearing their schedules and getting there.

YoungGun
07-06-2005, 05:29 PM
I was thinking August myself because I know people had wanted to get their cars done...so you are probably right, I will make a change to the dates.

EDIT: How do I edit a poll????

Thanks

vanzuuk1
07-06-2005, 05:34 PM
That sounds great, based on the lime rock info we got today I am trying for the glen.Look on the glen site for the zippo gp , it seems pretty cool.Also what about marcus dairy? Or sycamores in bethel?

Ralph LoGrasso
07-06-2005, 05:39 PM
I was thinking August myself because I know people had wanted to get their cars done...so you are probably right, I will make a change to the dates.

EDIT: How do I edit a poll????

Thanks

Looks like the forum permissions are messed up, I don't think polls can be edited in this forum. I'll have to change the permissions, but in the mean time make a new thread with a new poll, and I'll merge these two, and delete your original poll.

Steve Chryssos
I voted August 6th. But July 30th works as well. Route 7 in CT is a state scenic route. I do it all the time on the V-Rod. We could meet up at Marcus Dairy and then take Black Rock tpke up to route 7 north to ???. New Yorkers could hop the Bridgeport/Port Jefferson Ferry.

YoungGun
The bethel idea is good, its a pretty big night from what I hear...we could meet up somewhere else and do a caravan over. I think it would be really cool to do a lil cruise with a bunch of nice pro-touring (or wannabes like myself) cars.

vanzuuk1
07-06-2005, 05:54 PM
I am in , I used to mountain bike in ct and then hit sycamores for homeade rootbeer.

YoungGun
07-06-2005, 05:59 PM
New Poll for NE event.

Thanks Ralph!

Ralph LoGrasso
07-06-2005, 06:04 PM
We're golden. Threads merged.

TPI Monte SS
07-07-2005, 07:33 PM
I voted August 6, but any one will do (unless my wife gets called in to work). So. CT is good for me, I'm 20 minutes from the Tappan Zee Bridge.

ProTouringNyc
07-08-2005, 07:49 AM
Im in any date will do

vanzuuk1
07-08-2005, 10:51 AM
I did some checking and August 6 there will be vintage t/a cars running at lime rock. I am going to this event, period .Anyone who wants to go let me know, we can make it "the" event or do both. If the official cruise is another day I will do both , looking forward to meeting every one.

YoungGun
07-08-2005, 10:55 AM
Dirk,
Where did you get this info...I asked them to tell me in a phone and email convo and got nothing.

I am willing to make it "the" event, but I want to here feedback from some of the guys farther south...NY/NJ guys...I think the ride would be longest for them. If that will be to far, then we can do "the" event as a cruise day farther south...so I want to hear from some NY guys.

Thanks
Tim

MrAngry
07-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Dude.... Aug. 6th - I'm there. It would be great if all the Long Island guys could meet up and do the run together.

vanzuuk1
07-08-2005, 11:18 AM
I emailed a guy from the scca and he got back to me, the track itself was not very helpful.The group thats running is called hrg, check out there website.I guess they run under the scca umbrella.Also the glen on sept ii should be awesome.

This year we watch, next year we run.

Tom
07-08-2005, 01:05 PM
At the risk of sounding like a know-it-all, I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. I didn't want to hijack your thread, but wanted to temper your expectations.

I've raced w/ the SCCA's HRG. Great racing. Great cars.

But, HRG Group will NOT have that many (if any) T/A cars. There WILL be some great Shelbys, Vettes and Camaros, among others.

I raced with them on Memorial Day and there was one T/A type 68 Camaro (not sure if it was real or not).

If you are looking for the REAL deal, most only come out for high-end vintage events. Some will be at the The Glen for the Zippo GP for sure.

Check out this site for cool pics and info on the old cars: www.historictransam.com

Anyway, I just wanted you to go with a open mind. You may not see what you're looking for. But, the cars and the racing in HRG are great.

Tom

vanzuuk1
07-08-2005, 01:17 PM
Tom thank you for the info, I will still go but I dont want anyone to have been dissapointed. I will probably do lime rock on the 6th, the glen on the 11th and whatever cruise we agree on . We have all winter to hide inside , may as well enjoy the summer.

Ralph LoGrasso
07-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Dirk,

How far (time or distance) is limerock from you?

Mr. Angry,

I agree, all the LI'ers should get together and have one big bonzai run down there.

vanzuuk1
07-09-2005, 02:59 AM
Ralph its an hour at least, I will find out.

Ralph LoGrasso
07-09-2005, 01:11 PM
Sounds good. 1 hour from you is a bout 3 hours from me and Steevo, right? That's not too bad.

Munch69ProTour
07-09-2005, 02:55 PM
CT is part of NE right? Unless of course you get to close to NYC and all the Yankee fans come out to play... :enguard:

j/k :icon_razz

I might be able to make the dates other than the 6th.

How does a meet at Lake George sound during the car show on the week after Labor day?

Anyone interested in this event also?

Fun stuff in a nice setting.

sunkistcamaro
07-12-2005, 08:28 AM
I dont know if anyone will be driving up Rt2, but I live 10 min off the highway incase anyone needs a pit stop. Im just off of exit 13.
I hope my car will be ready but if not I can take my truck and follow you guys w/ tools or stuff.

MrAngry
07-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Any more info. on this? I'm bringing my Charger in on Wed. to get the new brakes installed as well as some other do-dads... I just want to make sure it's ready for the cruise.