PDA

View Full Version : good suspension design and set up books or software ?

scikotictc232
12-17-2011, 11:51 PM
Hi I am trying to learn more about designing and building front suspensions systems and was wondering if anyone knew of any good places to look for information.My main goal is to build a custom k member and working suspension for a 70 duster I am currently building. Mainly looking for something I can sit down and read and learn what is needed to build a high end suspension system. thanks

CFster
12-18-2011, 05:37 AM
Already a ton of custom K frames out there for Mopars. I have one on a 64 Dodge. A lot of those guys have done a lot of testing and trial and error to come up with you will after a lot of time and money.

High Plains Mopars
12-18-2011, 09:20 AM
Do a search on here. There are already several topics on books and software out there to tackle these. However, unless you're well versed in the engineering aspects of suspension dynamics, I'd say you would be hard pressed to simply read a book and design a high end system right out of the gate. You might consider some of the prefabbed set ups out there from Alterkation, XV, Control Freak or some of the other aftermarket providers that have already done all the research and design for mopar set ups.