PDA

View Full Version : Suspension for 67-69 Mustang

Dolmaner
12-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Hey guys, Ive been lurking around these forums for a while, Im looking to buy a 67-69 Mustang soon (looking at 3 in the next couple days)
When I get one, Im going to be making it pro touring, Im on a bit of a budget, my fab skills arent bad, and Im wondering what my options for suspension is. Any Mustang owners wanna say what they got? And if you like or dont like it?

gsxrken
12-16-2011, 06:47 PM
You can hit OpenTracker's (John) website or Street & Track's (Shaun) website for some really helpful tech and product support. There's a lot of ways to spend more money, but bang for the buck will be tough to beat. The stock chassis is the limiting platform after driver and tires...

SLO_Z28
12-16-2011, 09:14 PM
http://www.maierracing.com/

Maier racing has proven that their setup works time and time again. They went to the Optima Challenge and finished 7th place in VERY stiff competition and win good guys autocrosses time and time again including the vendor shootout. If I had a mustang they would be THE company I would be looking at!

Jeff70
12-16-2011, 10:31 PM
The best place to go for a budget is opentrackerracingproducts.com keep in mind you do not need tubular suspension, 4 links & coilovers to have a very fun capable Mustang.

Flagmissed
12-17-2011, 04:02 AM
I will give another vote for John (Opentracker). He is a great guy and answered all of my questions. (I.E. I thought that I had a bump steer problem and he could have sold me a kit but instead he told me to look at my gear box instead and try to adjust it.) Even after not talking to him for a year he remembered my setup when I called in for a new set of shocks.

funcars
12-18-2011, 08:54 AM
What do you intend to do? What are your priorities for street vs track? How much hp/tq & what size tires? For a mild driver you can make large improvements for small dollars.

Rols574
01-30-2012, 06:51 PM
Funcars,
what would some of those improvements be? I'm looking at the TCP setup but im open to suggestions. (don't mean to highjack the thread)

funcars
01-31-2012, 10:24 PM
Good tires, relocated upper control arms, new firmer bushings, fresh ball joints and spring pivots, new shocks, agressive brake pads and good lines , a new performance oriented alignment, matching springs and sway bars go a long way. You can adjust out any play in the steering box too. Good tires and the relocated uppper control arms are probably the largest improvements.

ibuildm
02-01-2012, 08:13 AM
Take a look at the Total Cost Involved (TCI) ProTouring IFS and their Torque-arm rear suspension. The price is right and they can compete with anyone on the autocross course. http://www.totalcostinvolved.com/pdf/promo/64-70_Mustang.pdf. TCI is a supporting vendor here.
Tim