PDA

View Full Version : Ridetech Rear Coilover Mount Question????

piratebaseball
12-12-2011, 07:10 PM
I have a 67 camaro with Ridetech's Coilover suspension. On the rear coilovers, if I put the lower bushings in like the instructions say do on the other parts of the coilovers (front and rear), my coilovers will turn (about an inch) and you can hear the side of the shock hit. You can do this even under a load. However, if you reverse the bushings at the bottom, then the coilover doesn't twist. When you flip the bushings, the lip of the bushing goes into the coilover perfectly and keeps it from twisting. Only problem is the instructions show the coilover bushing being installed with the large lip to the outside away from the coilover. So my question is when mounting the lower mount on the rear coilover, does the larger diameter lip go towards the coilover to make it stationary or away and do your coilovers on the rear twist even under load about an inch? Thanks!

marolf101x
12-13-2011, 04:18 AM
Larger part of spacer/adapter mates with the mount, not the shock.
The shock uses bearings on the ends and should be allowed to articulate (don't worry, it won't spin around and constantly hit anything, so it won't make noise).
If you lock the shock down you will likely cause a bind and break something. It is suspension, it's supposed to move.

piratebaseball
12-13-2011, 05:49 AM
Thanks Britt,
I really appreciate you answering my question. I love the set up and can't wait to finish off the car and drive it. Ridetech's customer support has been great through this whole process!

marolf101x
12-13-2011, 07:01 AM
Not a problem, that's what we are here for!
If you run into anything else let us know.