PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Oztralia

motoxray
12-09-2011, 01:57 PM
I'll try again...

Hello all, I'm a long time lurker & admirer of many of the fantastic cars on this site.
I'm a semi-retired Mechanic, living in North Eastern Victoria, Australia.
I have a few different vehicles on the go all the time (So many projects, so little time?) & a very supportive wife. I'm most fortunate!

Please bear with me, I'can't seem to get the pic's in the right order, so I hope you like a challenge...

Anyway, my first, (the Blue one!) is a 1951 FX Holden (Built by GM Australia), similar to a scaled down version of a '48 Chev (I think...) & often described as Australia's "first" car.
As you can see, it is a work in progress. Fitted with a 173ci six from a 1980's Holden, the plan is to go 350 sbc, which I'm collecting parts for at the moment.

Next, my Mini, (Green one) I got as a rolling shell, that had just been repainted, badly in 2 pak. The decision was made to get it on the road so we could drive & enjoy & repaint it at a later date.

I got it in August last year & registered it that christmas. It has essentially been rebuilt mechanically from front to rear with all new goodies, suspension is coils, as opposed to the original rubber cone springs. Engine is a mild 1130cc (That's mild!), with some head work, small cam etc.
I've since fitted a turbo from an S14 Nissan, which has woken it up a little. I love driving this thing, it corners like there's no tomorrow & I have trouble wrestling it off my wife.

Next is the BMW E30, presently just has a gutles, tired 1.8litre stocker. I've put lower springs, wheels, urethane bushes all round & next in line is to fit a Toyota 1UZFE, you see pictured, with a T5 transmission.

Last is my Mitsubishi L300 van, which has our Australian version of the Buick ecotec V6 fitted, with the original Mitsu 5 speed, via an adapter plate I made. Engine has been rebuilt, billet cam, ported heads, balanced, rods beam polished etc., plus a set of home made headers.
I hope to have it running in the next 2 weeks.

Anyhow, thank you for your indulgence, as I could not figure out how to get my pictures in the right order.
Funny, I can do cars but not computers...

It's nice to be here, in any event.

CruizinKev
12-10-2011, 06:19 AM
welcome aboard! cool projects over there! :twothumbs

motoxray
12-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Thank you, Kev!
Probably not quite Pro-touring as some of the projects on here, but certainly in the same spirit.
Unfortunately, a lot of the models you have here are very hard to find in Oz, though we do have our own version of Muscle cars from the '70's, GTHO Falcon & 327/350 Monaro, are 2 examples that spring to mind.
Very rare nowadays, though.
I really enjoy the projects on here, plenty of ideas to tap in to.