PDA

View Full Version : Want to buy or trade LS oil pan & G body LS swap items

85GPLEf41
12-08-2011, 12:45 AM
Hello,
I have a 98 F body oil pan with related components and was wondering if anybody has a 04+ CTS V oil pan with or without components for sale or would be willing to trade for my oil pan. I am needing to this to avoid notching the frame on my G body Grand Prix.. I called the local dealer and they wanted $300 plus for just the oil pan, found the kit on ebay for just around the same but i am on a limited budget..lol! Oh and if anybody has items i could use to swap the LS1 that would help too.
Thanks!

BulldawgMusclecars
12-08-2011, 07:23 AM
What mounts are you using? For the BRP kits, I use the GMPP Musclecar pan...if it will work for you, call Jeff Tate at 770-975-1802. I'll have a new LS3 pan/widndage tray/pickup/dispstick assy. for sale soon if you can use it.

85GPLEf41
12-08-2011, 12:55 PM
I am planning on using the 1in setback Transdapt plates, I have a buddy who swapped a ls series with them and the CTS-V oil pan. My car is dropped 2-3 inches and from what i've read the cts-v oil pan offers the most ground clearance.

daytonayellaz
12-12-2011, 05:01 PM
I can save you some money on a brand new Mast Motorsports oil pan and have it dropped shipped to your door. LMK if I can help..:cheers:

85GPLEf41
12-13-2011, 01:05 AM
I'm interested PM me the info please....Thanks

daytonayellaz
12-13-2011, 06:22 AM
I'm interested PM me the info please....Thanks

Your welcome! PM sent...

SRD art
01-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Ernesto- Just checking on what you came up with? I just set my 2000 Tahoe 5.3 in my g-body and the pan clears the cross member with room to spare but drops about 2-2.5" lower. My car is dropped about 3.5" so I definately need something different. Any suggestions would be great.

diesel25lrs
01-11-2012, 01:00 PM
I have a brand new never used oil pan off a 11 LS3 motor, I had to switch it out for my 69 crossmember.
Not sure if it will work for you or not but if it will- let me know and I'll let it go cheap!

Daz
02-01-2012, 07:19 PM
I'm looking for a LS1 or LS2 oil pan, pickup, and windage tray if you want to sell yours !

Daz
02-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Nevermind !

BulldawgMusclecars
02-04-2012, 12:12 PM
The Musclecar pan sits about an inch below the crossmember than the CTS-V pan on BRP's mounts...not sure about with anyone else's. That bothers some people, but as long as the wheels and brake rotors stay on, and you're not driving over stumps, it shouldn't be an issue.

85GPLEf41
02-07-2012, 03:08 AM
Ernesto- Just checking on what you came up with? I just set my 2000 Tahoe 5.3 in my g-body and the pan clears the cross member with room to spare but drops about 2-2.5" lower. My car is dropped about 3.5" so I definately need something different. Any suggestions would be great.

My bad for not checking this thread lately just been busy with the snow falling here....lol! Anyways i eventually traded my used f body oil pan/related items for a brand new CTS-V oil pan with all the parts for it. The wanted 300+ plus for it at my local dealer just for the pan and the other parts were extra! My GP is dropped 3" but i'm planning to replace the coils i'm using with 1" Hotchkis coils. I am planning on using the Carshop 1in setback plates so hopefully it clears everything and the oil pan doesn't hang too low. Thanks to everybody for offering the oil pan! daytonayellaz i still am keeping you in mind for the harness mod and computer tuning, Just have to figure out what exactly is needed to pass the visual and smog test...Joe have you considered th f body oil pan and notching the frame? Thought i read on ls1 tech that would work with the setback plates and it offers the best ground clearance...

daytonayellaz
02-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Thanks to everybody for offering the oil pan! daytonayellaz i still am keeping you in mind for the harness mod and computer tuning, Just have to figure out what exactly is needed to pass the visual and smog test.

Your certainly welcome! Just LMK when your ready on your harness and tuning! We have been doing a lot of them. :cheers:

duckmanjbr
02-20-2012, 08:06 AM
Yo Travis,
I'm currently in the market for one of those Mast pans for my LS/68 swap. What kind of pricing do you have? ;)

85GPLEf41
02-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Your certainly welcome! Just LMK when your ready on your harness and tuning! We have been doing a lot of them. :cheers:

Keeping you in mind!! I am trying to find a power distribution block off a 98 or newer f body now along with misc other items. I am hoping to call the local emissions office this week and get a definite answer.