PDA

View Full Version : LS1 T56 C4 Corvette project

subtlez28
12-06-2011, 11:26 PM
It pains me, but I have to admit I have lost interest in this project. It is nearly complete and has thousands of dollars in aftermarket parts. I just lack the time and interest to finish it at the moment.

This was once a running LS1/4L60E swap. I picked it up as a basket case, and swapped to a T56. My intention was to have it be street legal, but track focussed. So the HVAC and dash have been deleted in favor of a more simplistic set up.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/12/DSCN3434-1.jpg
I have more pics in the LS1 C4 and main albums (after the Buick pics) of my photobucket account (http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g156/subtlez28/).

I have been very honest on the content of the car in my build thread:
https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?61422-C4-LS1-T-56-Good-times!

The short version:
1984 Corvette - Cowl hood - from texas - clean
1998 LS1 w S&P stand alone harness (C5 accessories)
New Dewitts LS1 swap radiator
Liberty face-plated T56 6-speed (w C4 C-beam bracket)
Dana 44 IRS with aftermarket, fully adjustable Banski control arms
Laser cut aluminum dash with Auto-meter guages
New C5 front brakes, all new hub/bearings
Racetronics fuel pump - new classic industries line
New swap headers and Magnaflow mufflers
17x11 front and 17x13 3 piece wheels (made by the founders of CCW)

What still needs to be done:
-Engine mounts (included is a slick engine plate set up)
-Wiring (keep in mind the S&P LS1/T56 harness is a stand alone unit)
-Interior - no seats (have door panels and carpet, but was planning on going the stripped down style)
-Completion of fuel system (hard lines to engine)

Other bits:
New hubs all around, new rotors, new fuel pump, water pump, oil pump, hoses, etc

The only parts that needing purchase that come to mind are a battery, clutch line, fuel lines (steel to rail).

Just picked up 2 Corbeau seats.

PRICE LOWERED TO $9k OBO
I have much more in it. If I cannot get at least that I will keep it to finish one day. Will consider trades (turn key only).
PM me and I'll send my phone number. There is much more to this car than I have had time to type.

Thanks
-Shaun-

subtlez28
12-24-2011, 11:51 AM
Any interest?

Will consider trades for running cars. I just do not have time for another project right now.

Plenty of guys on here w the know-how to finish this car.

subtlez28
02-18-2012, 12:09 PM
$9k?

sokoloka
02-20-2012, 07:29 AM
How quickly are you itching to have it gone?

subtlez28
02-20-2012, 07:33 AM
How quickly are you itching to have it gone?
Not a huge deal that it goes this very minute. I just want to get focussed on other projects.

uxojerry
02-20-2012, 06:37 PM
You should advertise this on the corvette forum but in the C1/C2 and or the C3 threads. A lot of guys might want to do a body swap as it is an easy conversion.

subtlez28
02-20-2012, 06:50 PM
You should advertise this on the corvette forum but in the C1/C2 and or the C3 threads. A lot of guys might want to do a body swap as it is an easy conversion.

Really? A C4's frame is bonded to the firewall, floor and rear quarters. I would think swapping bodies would be a major under-taking.

I think it would be cool if someone made a Cobra kit car using C4 suspension (the way they do w fox and later mustang parts). Anybody know of such a kit type frame?

68sixspeed
02-20-2012, 07:05 PM
they are not unibody, there is a full steel frame burried in the (giant) fiberglass rocker you crawl over to get into the car. It's not a hydroformed frame rail like the c5 or c6 so it is a lot taller, but it is a full frame front to back, joined in two sections in the rocker behind the door hinge area. (had one apart once for bad ideas!)

Cool project for someone though, bump for you!

subtlez28
02-20-2012, 07:19 PM
they are not unibody, there is a full steel frame burried in the (giant) fiberglass rocker you crawl over to get into the car. It's not a hydroformed frame rail like the c5 or c6 so it is a lot taller, but it is a full frame front to back, joined in two sections in the rocker behind the door hinge area. (had one apart once for bad ideas!)

Cool project for someone though, bump for you!
You are right. Unibody is not the correct term.

I am familiar w the C4's structure. What I meant is that it isn't a matter of unbolting some body bushings and dropping on a C1,C2 or C4 body. The C4 body, floor and firewall are bonded to the frame. I found a nice diagram of its structure, but I'm not sure how to post it here.

subtlez28
02-20-2012, 07:42 PM
This is getting slightly off-track, but, here is a video that will give anyone interested an idea of the C4's structure and frame:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfpQTAFoTU4

I want to try this in the worst way. Imagine all that weight loss, but with corrected spring rate, alignment, and LS1 power!!!

subtlez28
04-14-2012, 04:54 AM
Bump