PDA

View Full Version : And to think, things can get worse.......

zbugger
09-01-2004, 09:20 AM
So I guess some of you guys know that I'm seriously on a small budget. It takes me it seems forever to save up enough to get a part for my own car. Well, I was doing good for the last month or so, putting away so I can get my car on the road again. I've been driving my sister's car for the last couple months while my car has been down. Every time I get close to something good, it gets yanked away. Yesterday, the fuel pump died on me. I don't have this money. I have to use the money set aside for my own car, just to fix the car I'm driving now. I really don't wanna drive my sisters car anymore. I want my car back. The last time I was close like this, the engine blew up. I had to put even more into it to fix that. Luckily, I did the work on replacing the engine, but it still depleted my funds a ton. I don't know why, but it always takes me at least forever to recover from spending like that. Dammit, why does this crap have to happen right when I'm about to get something done right.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Sorry about the rant, I'm just tired and sick of this ****......

Oh yeah, how long do you think someone can survive on cup-o-noodle soups? I'm taking bets right now....

Steve Chryssos
09-01-2004, 09:40 AM
Oh yeah, how long do you think someone can survive on cup-o-noodle soups? I'm taking bets right now....

Mmmnn :yum: I love the spongy pseudo-meat that they put in there!! Good stuff. :icon996: Hang in there. You'll work it out.

Time is money. If you don't have enough of the latter just accept that you will need more of the former.

Matt@RFR
09-01-2004, 09:42 AM
If you want a break from cup-o-noodles, try some mack&cheese. If you're cooking for a date, put some chopped up hotdogs in the mack&cheese for that gormet feel.

You aint alone my friend.

zbugger
09-01-2004, 09:53 AM
Thanks guys. Thankfully, I don't have a girlfriend, so I'm not in that much trouble. And I doubt I'll have a date anytime in the next 10 years or so. I know it doesn't seem so bad, but with my luck, I'll be sitting in the room in Vegas only being able to look out of my closet. Oh well. I guess I'm not doing anything for the next few months....

Matt@RFR
09-01-2004, 10:51 AM
Allen, you and I can hang out at SEMA and be anti-social together.

And annoy people, like this... :poke:

:icon996:

Salt Racer
09-01-2004, 11:08 AM
Allen, you and I can hang out at SEMA and be anti-social together.

And annoy people, like this... :poke:

:icon996:

Can I join on that too?

Actually, I doubt I'm going to SEMA.

I've had next 10-year worth of cup noodles in my college days, so I currentely live on Fred Meyer's 99-cent bread and "I can't believe it's not butter" just so I can afford feeding 425ci in my car. Once in a while I get fancy and put a slice of cheese and pasta sauce on a toast, and pretend like I'm eating a pizza.

CAMAROBOY69
09-01-2004, 11:09 AM
Hang in there bro. I lived on Ramen noodles for many years!! If I was lucky I would get some mac and cheese once in a while but never could afford those gormet hot dogs. :banghead: Ive been in your shoes for most of my life and im JUST NOW starting to have decent luck, well besides my engine crapping on me. Money is so tight that it will be hard to get my car going again even if it is only the pushrod and rocker. Now thats damn sad. But I know things will get better again. Hell you are at least lucky enough that you dont have to deal with the depression of winter in Michigan. 2 Degrees below zero and 2 foot of snow, and no money. Now thats depressing!!! :Alchy:

Richz68
09-01-2004, 11:09 AM
"G-Dub-a-ya" says that we are turning the corner.....

:rotfl: :hand: :hmm:

YEAH RIGHT!:slap:

OHCbird
09-01-2004, 11:14 AM
Z-
Heck, I'll send ya some tasty MRE's (all 3900 calories worth) leftover from OIF; you'll fatten real quick!

Matt@RFR
09-01-2004, 11:29 AM
OHC, the dark brown or light tan wrappers? mmm mmmmmm!!

Just avoid the chicken meals. I've found beaks and chicken feat in them. YUMMY!!

And the clear, gelitin-looking stuff in the beef meals? Don't worry about that stuff, it's good for you. Use the integral heater provided and the clear stuff all but goes away!

Oh so many tricks to eating MRE's!

Kenova
09-01-2004, 12:17 PM
Weiners and beans have always been my favorite.
:poke: On the rare occasion I,ve been known to splerge on some Spirals. :icon996:
Ken

CAMAROBOY69
09-01-2004, 12:20 PM
Warren from Something about Mary
"FRANKS AND BEANS!!!! FRANKS AND BEANS!!" :lmao:

Matt@RFR
09-01-2004, 12:50 PM
On the rare occasion I,ve been known to splerge on some Spirals

Now that's classy meal-age! Shweeeet.

phattires68
09-01-2004, 03:09 PM
Meal ready to eat my a$$... More like Meal refuse to exit.

If you do eat em' you have to plan ahead... eat the main meals with tabassco to kill the taste, then the other goodies. Eat the peanut butter for a few days to plug you up then switch to the cheese to uhmm... well unplug you...

As an added bounus: your gas bill well go down.

Hang in there man.