PDA

View Full Version : Q- Logic Kick panels for 71 Chevelle

BigO
11-26-2011, 06:23 PM
Anyone have experience with these? Just wondering about fit and finish. Also how deep can the speaker be? I don't want to have to cut any any metal to make the speakers fit. Link on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/68-72-Chevrolet-El-Camino-Q-Logic-Kick-Panels-QForms-/220900600891?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessorie s&vxp=mtr&hash=item336eb3ac3b

Thanks for any input.

Mr Nick
11-27-2011, 06:47 AM
I can't comment on the style you posted, but here as a cheaper option if you don't care about the tweeter mount.

http://www.bobschevelleparts.com/1968-1972-kick-panel-speakers-with-ac-chevelle-kchv682a.html

andrewb70
11-27-2011, 09:39 AM
I can't comment on the style you posted, but here as a cheaper option if you don't care about the tweeter mount.

http://www.bobschevelleparts.com/1968-1972-kick-panel-speakers-with-ac-chevelle-kchv682a.html

I have those in my GTO and from the looks of it, I like the Q-logic ones better. I like the fact that there is a spot for the tweeter. The main thing to watch for is how the kickpanel fits on the driver's side. The e-brake pedal is there and can interfere with speaker placement. I actually opted to go without the e-brake pedal and am using the Boston Acoustics 6.5 Pro speakers. They are deep and required a spacer to fit and thus interfered with the e-brake pedal.

The q-logic panels may not interfere with the e-brake pedal because they are mounted lower and at an angle. I would really like to see them mounted.

Andrew

Mr Nick
11-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Andrew - I assume you are using a hand lever for parking brake? What kind, how did you mount it? Pics?

Part of my 5-speed swap will be adding the C5 parking brake to my KORE3 C5/C6 brake kit, and I'm planning on using handle on the trans tunnel. Might be hard to make look good with the center console I'm using.

Sorry to change the topic slightly!

BigO
11-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the link Mr. Nick. Andrew and I are thinking along the same lines. I was hoping because the speaker was mounted lower and angled it would allow for more clearance for the parking brake and possibly a speaker with a larger magnet. I also like the idea of the tweeter mount. Someone must have a set in their car with some pics. I guess moving to a hand lever could be an option but I really would like to leave the pedal in place.

andrewb70
11-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Andrew - I assume you are using a hand lever for parking brake? What kind, how did you mount it? Pics?

Part of my 5-speed swap will be adding the C5 parking brake to my KORE3 C5/C6 brake kit, and I'm planning on using handle on the trans tunnel. Might be hard to make look good with the center console I'm using.

Sorry to change the topic slightly!

I don't have an e-brake...shhhh...don't tell anyone...

Andrew

andrewb70
11-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the link Mr. Nick. Andrew and I are thinking along the same lines. I was hoping because the speaker was mounted lower and angled it would allow for more clearance for the parking brake and possibly a speaker with a larger magnet. I also like the idea of the tweeter mount. Someone must have a set in their car with some pics. I guess moving to a hand lever could be an option but I really would like to leave the pedal in place.

I tried to find a picture of a set actually mounted in a Chevelle, but no luck. You'd think that Q-logic would have a picture of their product actually installed in the intended vehicle. Sheesh...

Andrew