PDA

View Full Version : aluminum radiators

coolclassiccars
07-05-2005, 08:52 AM
does anyone have a contact to get direct fit aluminum radiators? at a discount price, i need one for a 1966 chevelle with a big block.

daryn67
07-05-2005, 02:45 PM
How about 440.00 for a direct fit with trans cooler. 650.00 with and aluminum dual fan set up?

Daryn

waynesworld
07-05-2005, 02:55 PM
Check out http://www.hotrodheaven.com/I got a nice heavy duty one for my Camaro, delivered for about $300 (check their site for the free shipping coupon) :cool:

-Wayne

69boo307
07-06-2005, 06:43 AM
Alumitech makes direct fit aluminum radiators for chevelles. In fact, that's all they make them for. They are really nice pieces! about $500 tho.

coolclassiccars
07-10-2005, 03:22 AM
thanks guys i bought from hot rods 319.00 to the door,now i'm just waiting for the big brown truck.

engine
08-05-2005, 02:27 PM
Check out http://www.hotrodheaven.com/I got a nice heavy duty one for my Camaro, delivered for about $300 (check their site for the free shipping coupon) :cool:

-Wayne
they don't show applications, part numbers or prices...

Marcus SC&C
09-13-2005, 07:48 PM
All aluminum radiators are NOT created equal and price shouldn`t be the only deciding factor. We`ve had brand new ones that leaked or blew out a tank after a couple hundred miles. The details of their construction also have a huge effect on how well they cool. We started using Howe aluminum radiators a couple years ago. We liked em so much we`re selling them now. Every one is hand built in Michigan with the same components and techniques they use to build radiators for the big NASCAR teams. The quality is just outstanding. A direct fit for a `66 Chevelle is $413 or $503 with their super high flow internal trans cooler. http://www.scandc.com/howeradiators.htm Marcus

Camaro_Dan
09-14-2005, 07:51 AM
how about Ron Davis radiators? I emailed them to get a price on radiators that fits in my 73 camaro but I got no answer. anyone in the US that can give them a call and find out the prices? they look the part and if jesse james has one then I want one HAHAHA

Ralph LoGrasso
09-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Dan,

I've got a Ron Davis Radiator going into my '68. Excellent quality. Highly recommended. Tim from Ron Davis sometimes posts here. Send him a PM or email: His user handle is: porschev8.

Send me a PM if you can't get in touch with him via PM.

derekf
09-14-2005, 03:58 PM
Tim hasn't logged on since last month. Might want to just call or email Ron Davis Radiator directly.

Alumitech Reproductions
09-26-2005, 04:49 AM
I was doing a search on goggle and found this site .
I was surprised to see some of our customers were already posting about our products .
Nice to see that the word is getting out.
Alumitech was built on the basis that there was a need in the market for a better radiator that fit directly with the styling of the original radiator that G.M produced ,for the enthusiast that wanted something that looks closer to stock then anything on the market, if painted black most people think its stock ,short of a Harrison embossment.

most aluminum radiators are built on a 2 row 1 inch tube configuration ...on that basis all players in the market perform about the same . 30% more efficient then the o.e.m brass copper rads for those of you over taxing your cooling systems .

We started with Chevelle radiator but found that there was a bigger need for other models.. so we have expanded our lines .
early model lines (down flow radiators) 64 to 67 Chevelle ..GTO Chevy II and the list is growing
67 to 69 Camaro and 2nd gen
Most G.M cars ,thankfully G.M in there infinite wisdom produced radiators that cross referenced across the board to fit several models a to z .

We are here to help with cooling solutions
This is not a sales pitch ... as I see there are people already here posting about us ... this is our first year there are a lot of people that still don’t know what we have available so I thought I would bring out some facts .

see the signature for web info

TheRoaringEagle
09-26-2005, 01:30 PM
hey Marcus, i was trying to find more pictures/info on the Howe radiators and i was wondering if they have the brackets welded on already for my 67 camaro? the pictures didn't show them but i'm pretty sure they do right?

also i need a new radiator badly and i was wondering if there is any benefit in using a big block radiator for my 400 sbc bored .060 over? my stock copper one is keeping me at around or little over 180 in 65-70 degree weather coastside but has fins corroding on the lower drivers side and doesn't look like it'll last too long. thanks

Richz68
09-29-2005, 07:15 AM
Must be a paid sponsor to post prices. --ADMIN

porschev8
10-07-2005, 11:23 PM
most aluminum radiators are built on a 2 row 1 inch tube configuration ...on that basis all players in the market perform about the same .
We are here to help with cooling solutions
This is not a sales pitch ... as I see there are people already here posting about us ... this is our first year there are a lot of people that still don’t know what we have available so I thought I would bring out some facts .

All 2 row 1 inch tube radiators do not perform about the same. That is a false statement.

porschev8
10-08-2005, 12:12 AM
Our radiators do not contain any type of epoxy in the manufacturing such as the BeCool, Griffin, Summit or other models. (Epoxied cores may crack and leak in within the first year of service These leaks can not be repaired.)

Spreading rumors about your competition is a poor way to make a sale. There is nothing wrong with BeCool, Griffin, or Summit radiators. You try to make it sound like epoxied radiators are just "glued" together. Truth is.... the cores are brazed together like many other brands but they add epoxy in the final stages of the manufacturing process to ensure a seal between the tubes and the header. The ONLY down side to epoxied radiators is they're usually harder to repair when the do start leaking. They CAN be repaired if they're clean enough and you know what you're doing.

gmachinz
10-08-2005, 07:00 AM
I agree with you on that Tim. A friend of mine uses a Griffin racing radiator and I don't think it is epoxied. People really have to keep up with the competition to make valid statements. I know my Northern line has switched over to a "dimpled" tube design in their racing radiators which they claim give another 5% increase in flow over their 1st design of racing radiators. How does it compare to everybody else? I don't know for sure-I don't have one of every radiator built in front of me but I use what I sell to give an honest evaluation of its performance. I don't bash anybody I just give alternatives. -Jabin