PDA

View Full Version : Well I bought the car!!

JMitch19
09-01-2004, 07:47 AM
After driving 1400 miles in 25 hours I just got home with a new project car. I will post some picture of the car after I get a little nap. I've been up since 6:30am yesterday, and about 22 of those hours were sitting in a truck. Here are some pictures as we went through St. Louis. You can see what of the Arch in one pic and the Mississippi in the other. The street said no parting, but at about 3:00am I don't think anyone cared.

68protouring454
09-01-2004, 09:50 AM
glad it worked out for you, now lets se some pics
jake

Stu Seitz
09-01-2004, 01:07 PM
Good luck

Ralph LoGrasso
09-01-2004, 01:17 PM
Congrats on the new purchase!

F1 Speed
09-01-2004, 02:21 PM
Congradulations Jason, I'll bet that you are excited to get started on it. Good luck with your plans for the build and I can't wait to see some more pics.

JamesJ
09-01-2004, 04:46 PM
Is this the car that you almost did not buy? If you did get it, good for you!

JMitch19
09-02-2004, 08:31 AM
Yes this is the car that I almost didn’t buy. I’m glad that I was able to get him to sell it to me the car. It seems like a pretty good deal. I got two new inner fenders, two new outer fenders, new lower valance, new cowl piece, a painless wiring kit, a complete master bolt kit, a new quarter skin(probably will sell this to get a full quarter), and a new door shell plus a bunch of misc. other parts. I paid $3200 for the car with everything. The current plan is about a 1 ½ to 2 year build. It will be an lsx t56 car with some form of power adder coming later down the road, full DS&E parts list. I’m thinking either 2004 vette medium spiral gray metallic or Pontiac graystone metallic. I think they may be the same color with different names. I can’t tell them apart. Here are some pictures I took just after we stuffed her in the garage. I will get some better pictures up after I get the extra parts in storage so I have room to put the car in the middle of the garage and play with her.

Nine Ball
09-03-2004, 07:26 PM
It will be an lsx t56 car with some form of power adder

YES! Great minds think alike :D

I have a name for your project, hehe, "Project Theft Recovery" ;)

Steve N 69 69 69
09-04-2004, 12:03 PM
Right on, glad you got it, after all that grief. I love to see an old rusty shell brought back to life, thats how all these custom cars should be BUILT. anyone can buy a 20K $ restored car and bolt on parts ( anyone rich) but bringing back a bucket is way more benificial to our hobby,we gotta leave some of the stock, restored cars out there, so people can see how cool our custom modified cars are. Hats off to ya, Have fun,

MrQuick
09-04-2004, 06:44 PM
good to hear you got it, hope the project goes well. Thats the way you want it...true, you end up pulling it off or replacing everything anyways, why not start with a shell? Wait till you guys see my new project! :icon996: have fun with it Jason

TurboLark
09-05-2004, 01:38 PM
Why is it you paid 3200 for a basket case? Are these things really worth that much?

JMitch19
09-06-2004, 09:42 AM
Turbolark I sold a fully restore 67 RS last year. I have been looking for a project car ever since. This car is the first car I have seen that I thought was worth my while to look at in 10 months. Plus I got almost $3200 worth of new parts with the car, so I think I got a pretty good deal. What do the rest of you guys that have been car shopping lately think?
Thanks everyone for all the good words and encouragement. I will keep you updated on the progress of the car. I just need to sell my Eclipse since we got the truck and the camaro in the same week. No car money to spend till she is gone.

TurboLark
09-06-2004, 05:55 PM
Turbolark I sold a fully restore 67 RS last year. I have been looking for a project car ever since. This car is the first car I have seen that I thought was worth my while to look at in 10 months. Plus I got almost $3200 worth of new parts with the car, so I think I got a pretty good deal. What do the rest of you guys that have been car shopping lately think?
Thanks everyone for all the good words and encouragement. I will keep you updated on the progress of the car. I just need to sell my Eclipse since we got the truck and the camaro in the same week. No car money to spend till she is gone.
Cool, not ragggin on you for spending the money. Just didnt realize that they were going for that much. But if you got tons of parts with it that is great!
Guess I'll go buy the 67 my friend has. Drop a motor in it and its totally driveable. Said he'd take 1000.00 for it. Might just be the lucky score I've been looking for, and no rust to boot!