PDA

View Full Version : Suspension vendors?

Leadfoot
11-15-2011, 05:02 PM
I am headed to a large swap meet this weekend. I have been holding off buying suspension components for my 67 Camaro in hopes I might find a deal at the swap, plus I like to hold the parts in my hand,or get a visual on them.

In case I do not find some good deals, I would like to find out who is offering good deals on DSE, Hotchkis, and Speed Tech parts. I want a fair price on the goods, and shipping will be a factor, but not as big a factor as service after the sale (support). What about it, who works good for you guys??

Thanks,
Jim

badazz81z28
11-15-2011, 05:23 PM
With Summit Racing discounts, Can't beat Hotchkis. DSE is great, but mucho $$$

robertjra
11-15-2011, 09:02 PM
I love Hotchkis I use it on my car and i sell it to my customers at work never any prob.. USA built!!!! and the best customer service!!! what state and town do you live in?

Leadfoot
11-16-2011, 08:53 AM
Mississippi Gulf Coast, zip 39571

sales@jcg
11-16-2011, 10:20 AM
We are a DSE and Ridetech dealer If you would like let me know what you are looking for and we will be glad to put together an affordable kit to meet your driving needs.
-Jon

ProdigyCustoms
11-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Depends what your looking for, Leaf spring? Coil Spring? 4 Link? Coil Over Conversion? With 7 brands of suspension, free shipping and no sales tax because your not in Florida, it will be hard for anyone at the swap meet to beat the price.

And then, are you buying what you need? Or what they sell? We sell 7 brands of suspension for a reason, not everyone has the same needs.

Leadfoot
11-16-2011, 12:57 PM
I just noticed the Speedtech Pro Tour package has coils with QA1s. First impression was they were coilovers (using my glasses now). I think the Pro Tour package will be more to my liking should the Hotchkis sway bar work with it. You are probably right Frank, the more I think about the swap meet (Moultrie, Ga), the more I think I might be better off going with a purchase instead of buying there. I am sure I will have to pay tax, and I plan on spending quite a few dollars. Would like to save all I can.

Last question is ....does anyone besides DSE make a quality rear multi leaf kit with a 2 inch drop? Just want to make sure I check all my options.

darren@ridetech
11-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Leadfoot, If you have any tech questions or just want to check our some RideTech products, we will have a booth setup at Moultrie this weekend. Steve & Danny are in the truck headed that way right now....

Leadfoot
11-17-2011, 04:39 AM
Thanks Darren, I will swing by and see them.

sales@jcg
11-17-2011, 09:57 AM
Darren,
Remind him he can save money, tax and shipping from an out of state vendor like me.. I am also a former Ridetech employee and can answer any question on the fly :-)
-Jon

MarkM66
11-17-2011, 10:20 AM
With Summit Racing discounts, Can't beat Hotchkis. DSE is great, but mucho $$$

What summit discounts?

BMR Sales
11-17-2011, 10:56 AM
I am headed to a large swap meet this weekend. I have been holding off buying suspension components for my 67 Camaro in hopes I might find a deal at the swap, plus I like to hold the parts in my hand,or get a visual on them.

I want a fair price on the goods, and shipping will be a factor, but not as big a factor as service after the sale (support).

Thanks,
Jim

Jim,

Are you planning on installing the rear suspension yourself? We have a true bolt on rear system that is incredibly easy to install in a home garage:

Take a look at a install Super Chevy did awhile back:

http://www.superchevy.com/technical/chassis/suspension_steering/sucp_0905_first_gen_camaro_watts_link_torque_arm_i nstall/index.html

Leadfoot
11-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Yeh, doing it all myself, engine swap, suspension, interior and paint. That is a nice setup, not sure if it is in my budget though. I will look at it a little better this evening.

BMR Sales
11-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Yeh, doing it all myself, engine swap, suspension, interior and paint. Thar is a nice setup, not sure if it is in my budget though. I will look at it a little better this eveningt

Understood Jim, knowing what is out there is half the battle. Let us know if you have any questions in any way. The majority of the vendors here make top notch stuff and they all have pros and cons, so it is best to become familiar with the vendors and what they make before making a decision. You are on the right path to weigh what a part offers vs. time and money invested for sure.

badazz81z28
11-17-2011, 03:50 PM
What summit discounts?

I frequently get 10% off discount, $50 off $250 purchase with speed card, and right now they have totally free shipping. Last week all the Hotchkis was on sale. Thats the second time they did that this year.

badazz81z28
11-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Jim,

Are you planning on installing the rear suspension yourself? We have a true bolt on rear system that is incredibly easy to install in a home garage:

Take a look at a install Super Chevy did awhile back:

http://www.superchevy.com/technical/chassis/suspension_steering/sucp_0905_first_gen_camaro_watts_link_torque_arm_i nstall/index.html

Wow! Do you have that for 75-81 Camaro??

Hotchkis
11-17-2011, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the mentions of Hotchkis products. Some of our distributors have screaming deals and special discounts on our products, so you may check a few sources. We occasionally run specials as well, so call our direct number to get more details, plus as mentioned above Summit also runs sales fairly often on our product. Regardless of where you buy, all three brands you mentioned are solid – so look at the details. Do you want a bolt-on system or something that requires more intense fabrication and cutting? Do you want product made in the USA or elsewhere?

The Hotchkis first-gen Camaro hollow sway bar will fit all aftermarket lower control arms made for the factory subframe and with the sway bar mount in the factory location.

Good luck with your project. :)

Leadfoot
11-20-2011, 05:05 AM
Leadfoot, If you have any tech questions or just want to check our some RideTech products, we will have a booth setup at Moultrie this weekend. Steve & Danny are in the truck headed that way right now....

I did get to swing by and meet Danny and Steve. Nice guys with lots of good info. We had some pretty good discussion on setups. They represent Ride Tech well.

Leadfoot
11-20-2011, 05:13 AM
On another note, I did not make any suspension purchases at the swap meet. I did however see several vendors with foreign made a-arms that looked good and were cheap, but that stuff scares me when it comes to a quality build, future repairs, and tech support. So I stayed away.

Looks like I will scour my options and order suspension this week. Thanks to all for the information, I learned alot about products and who can support them from this post.

By the way, I asked for a quote from one vendor 3 days ago, still no quote.

Thanks to all,
Jim

ProdigyCustoms
11-20-2011, 05:28 AM
I heard Molty was a awesome swap meet. I wish I could have gone.

BMR Sales
11-22-2011, 08:48 AM
On another note, I did not make any suspension purchases at the swap meet. I did however see several vendors with foreign made a-arms that looked good and were cheap, but that stuff scares me when it comes to a quality build, future repairs, and tech support. So I stayed away.

Looks like I will scour my options and order suspension this week. Thanks to all for the information, I learned alot about products and who can support them from this post.

By the way, I asked for a quote from one vendor 3 days ago, still no quote.

Thanks to all,
Jim

Jim,

I admire the attention to detail you are making before the purchase. Unfortunately, most folks make a knee-jerk purchase based solely off of price not considering where it is made and what support you will get after the sale.

There are options out there still that offer the good old "MADE IN THE USA" and we are very proud to be one of them (by the way our crew are ALL US workers).

BMR Sales
11-24-2011, 07:23 AM
Jim,

FYI...... this weekend you can save big money on our parts & shipping

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?84857-BMR-Thanksgiving-Sale-15-OFF-most-BMR-Suspension-products

Happy Thanksgiving!