PDA

View Full Version : Decklid help request in Dallas area....

absintheisfun
11-10-2011, 07:51 PM
I threw up a thread asking for help in paint and body, but it hasn't really gone anywhere...figured I would try again in a localized request...Here goes:

My concern is that I see it getting to the edge of fixable, and this is just beyond my abilities. I've done gaps before, but this is just killing me for some reason! If anyone is willing to offer some help, or even sell some services as a paint/body guy, I'm all ears.

Here is the original message:

My stock decklid had some rust damage that couldn't be fixed so I bought a repop.

Repop was so jacked up that no matter what I did, I couldn't get the crown pushed down without putting a big crease in the trunk. Once I got that banged out a little, I had to build up every single edge and then ultimately gave up and got another repop.

This one is just as bad as the first, but I am hopeful.

Is there anyone in the Dallas area with some decklid expertise that would be willing to lend a hand to a fellow PTer? This decklid thing has consumed 3 months of my life and I'm about ready to pull out all my hair.

icemanrd19
11-10-2011, 07:53 PM
www.rodscarcraft.com Call rodney. Wont be free but maybe he can do something for you.

Offtopic but you wouldnt happen to have front suspension parts that your trying to get rid of do you? Anything else you need for your car?

dhutton
11-11-2011, 04:54 AM
Not sure what you are needing but I have added rod to the edges of my decklid and could give you a hand. Remvong the crown might need a few cuts in the frame that would then need to be welded up. Send me a PM if interested.

absintheisfun
11-11-2011, 03:53 PM
www.rodscarcraft.com Call rodney. Wont be free but maybe he can do something for you.
Offtopic but you wouldnt happen to have front suspension parts that your trying to get rid of do you? Anything else you need for your car?
I know that beggars can't be choosers, but the vehicle is still in primer and the engine isn't running so I don't really want to trailer it anywhere...was kind of hoping for a hand at home...
As for the extra parts, sorry but anything I had extra was given to a buddy of mine. I have a few odds and ends (factory console, extra tulips, fender extensions, etc but no suspension goodies.

Not sure what you are needing but I have added rod to the edges of my decklid and could give you a hand. Remvong the crown might need a few cuts in the frame that would then need to be welded up. Send me a PM if interested.

I thought about cutting the frame, but was a little gun-shy with it being my third decklid! I'll give it a try this weekend, but if you are willing to offer some of your time, I won't say no...and would gladly return the favor if needed!