PDA

View Full Version : Camaro Core Support Quality

Johnjan
09-01-2004, 06:07 AM
Been a while since I've posted here, but I'm getting my project back underway. Here's my question...

I bought a Goodmark (made in China) core support and it's very obvious that the tooling is pretty sketchy with a lot of shrinking required for the top bar in front of the radiator to look half decent. Are the core supports sold through GM Restoration parts any better than the Goodmark knockoff?

Thanks!

sonicblue70
09-01-2004, 06:11 AM
Last time I called gm resto parts the told me there stuff is Goodmark just re-boxed.

MrQuick
09-01-2004, 07:23 AM
I was at a swap meet this week end at had the opertunity to compare the 3, dii,goodmark and original GM. non of which compared to orig. The weights alone where suprising. The dii stuff had some hole missin too. Factory (used that is) stuff is still out there, but be prepared to pay 125-175 for one. I got a line on a couple right now

next69
09-01-2004, 07:50 AM
If you go to hearbeatcity.net they have NOS core supports for $295, that is obviously more than a factory used part but is another option, I am not sure to what caliber your restoration will be done. Also, if you have any other parts needs they have a very good selection of NOS parts as well goodmark, they might even sell factory used parts you would have to take a look. Good luck.