PDA

View Full Version : 2nd gen trans am suspension

a73formula
07-02-2005, 03:07 PM
I am trying to find any herb adams suspension stuff. Does anyone know if you can still buy these parts new and where I can find them.

Thanks

StaticAGE
07-03-2005, 05:45 AM
No. VSE still has a website, but you can't actually buy any of the old suspension pieces. The only component that he sold that was largely different than any of the other guys was the heim jointed front sway bar.

From what I've read, to set your car up like he did with the old Fire-Ams.....Use solid subframe bushings that lower the body (Global West sells these). Then use WS6 springs, cut enough coils to get no fender gap to where the car nearly sets on the ground up front and I believe the rear leafs were de-arched a bit. Then use 15x8 rims wrapped in 255/60 rubber and use a rear sway bar off of a WS6 car.

Herb also used to sell some other pieces like roll bars and braces that go in the engine compartment and tie the fire wall and the front of the subframe together, but you can still buy this stuff elsewhere.

If you have anymore questions, just ask. Also do a google search for VSE and Fire-am. I've heard that some VSE pieces also pop up on Ebay from time to time .

79T/Aman
07-04-2005, 05:46 AM
check www.pro-touringf-body.com

johnm
07-05-2005, 07:00 AM
I have a ton of front and rear suspension stuff for sale if you are intersted? PM Me.