PDA

View Full Version : I need a blue... and everyone's help

madmax
07-02-2005, 11:47 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm still kind of new around here and my car is going to the body shop soon. I know paint is still months away, but I'm looking for a pretty specific blue.

I want an extremely dark blue, one that looks almost black from a distance, but a rich blue up front. A little flake wouldn't be too bad, either :).

I know that some of the really rich blacks are made primarily of blue...

What do you guys think? My car is attached to this thread, and I don't think the car is too far from where I want it to be. So, basically this color or darker.

Thanks a lot for everyone's help in advance,
Max

Blue70
07-02-2005, 01:02 PM
I think I've just seen the exact color you described

On the cover of the latest Camaro Performers magazine (#7 2005) there is a 71 Camaro that looks black, but you can see it's really blue when the sun hits some ridges in the body.

I looked for the color, but it only lists it as "dark blue with pearl white stripes" :dunno:

madmax
07-02-2005, 01:32 PM
:jawdrop: That's EXACTLY what I am looking for!

I want people to look at the car stopped somewhere and think about how nice the black is, then get some 'oohs' and 'aahs' when the sun hits it!

I'll have to try to find that magazine! Thanks Blue.

Max

130fe
07-03-2005, 04:47 AM
Saturn had a color named Black/blue or something. I had an 1993 Saturn SL2 that was that color. From a distance it looked black and when you were close to it and the sun light reflected on it, it was dark blue. Hope this might help you.

madmax
07-03-2005, 09:35 AM
Thanks 130fe, I will look into that color.

Where is Crestview, anyways?

--Max

TonyL
07-03-2005, 09:43 AM
Honda has a color called "midnight black" that is the blackest blue I've ever seen.

check it out at a dealership

Ralph LoGrasso
07-03-2005, 10:48 AM
You could always get a color that changes. I'm not sure what the correct term is, they're like the chameleon colors, but they only change two colors. I know someone that has an '80 Camaro and it changes between black and a really dark purple. I'm sure someone makes on that changes to a blue.