PDA

View Full Version : 2nd gen manual steering box

ks71z28
11-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Custom Works is looking to get an idea of the interest in manual steering gears for 2nd gen Camaros and Firebirds. We have a source for quality NEW steering boxes with 3 different ratios available. These boxes are not from China or Mexico! What we need is a pitman arm, and or information for center link, idler arm interchange to develope the parts necessary to make available a swap change over.

thanks

Keith
Custom works

LeighP
11-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Try having a chat with Dave @ Pro-touring F-Body...he's a wealth of info on these cars with the steering parts and would probably be interested in selling the kits. His phone number is on his website if you google it.

I do know the Firebird and Camaro drag links are different for most of the 2nd gen years...the Camaro having a straight pitman arm and the Firebird haveing a drop pitman arm....though they are interchangeable if used in the right combo. My 71 Firebird is running a Camaro drag link and straight forged steel pitman arm supplied by PTFB. The later Firebirds (80-81) I think ran the straight style pitman arms.

ks71z28
11-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Try having a chat with Dave @ Pro-touring F-Body...he's a wealth of info on these cars with the steering parts and would probably be interested in selling the kits. His phone number is on his website if you google it.

I do know the Firebird and Camaro drag links are different for most of the 2nd gen years...the Camaro having a straight pitman arm and the Firebird haveing a drop pitman arm....though they are interchangeable if used in the right combo. My 71 Firebird is running a Camaro drag link and straight forged steel pitman arm supplied by PTFB. The later Firebirds (80-81) I think ran the straight style pitman arms.

PTFB is one of our suppliers. Dave is a good friend and we do a lot of business together.

thanks!