PDA

View Full Version : Retrosound Model One USB lots of static

gmachala404
11-06-2011, 07:24 PM
I recently purchased a Retrosound with USB and AUX inputs. If I turn the unit on AUX or USB input
even without any input device attached it has a lot of static, like a radio on a station that doesn't come in.
If I play music off the USB or AUX inputs you can hear the static especially in lulls in music or when
there is a softer section of the music track. I tried power the unit off an external power supply with my
cars battery disconnected and it still does it. I can plug other stereos into the amp and they work fine.
is there something I can do to get rid of the noise? Do other Retrosound systems do this too?

Amatouring
11-06-2011, 07:27 PM
I just installed the same unit a couple months ago. Mine doesn't do anything like that and works great. I would call the place you got it from, and see about getting a replacement.

gmachala404
11-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Problem is I bought the radio last year and just now put it in the car. Been a long project. I tested the radio on a bench last year when I got it
and don't recall the noise. But, I just was focused on seeing if it worked didn't really listen too closely to the audio quality. I guess I am kinda screwed
now. I vowed not to buy anything for this car that was made in China. Didn't have much choice for the stereo though. I am really hating Chinese
junk. Every time I get something that has that country of origin on it, it turns out badly.