PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Camaro body on 2007 Corvette Chassis???

ronniej
10-24-2011, 10:09 AM
I have a 2007 Corvette that I want to put one of my 69 bodies on. Has anyone ever attempted this? 07 wheelbase is 105.7" and 69 is 108". I know anything is possible, but I don't want to tear apart a perfect corvette to find out that it won't work. I've searched and can't find anything besides complete frames running C6 suspension components. I know it sounds crazy, but I want something different. Thanks for any info.

sevillaz28
11-03-2011, 06:08 PM
This is so familiar. I purchased a 2003 Vette Chassie with a LS1 all complete and purchased a 69 Dynacorn body to do exactly what you are thinking. Here I thought I was the only crazy one out there. Well after looking at how much time I would have to spend on the body mods I decided to scrap the project. It will take approx 12k to do the body so it looks widened and not just put big flares on it. So at the tune of about 30k I decided not to do it. Sold the Dynacorn but still have the Vette chassie. It can be done and you will have the craziest car out there which is why I was going to do it but its a HUGE job and expensive to. If this has been any help I'm glad you read it. If your still interested in doing this I can help. I have spent many hours figuring this project out.

NJSPEEDER
11-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Adding a bit to the torque tube and shaft to accommodate the wheel base shouldn't be terribly difficult. As SevillaZ28 pointed out it is the track width difference that will be the challenge. You could compensate a bit with wheel offsets but in the front that will mess with how tight a turning circle you can have.

It sure would be an interesting project.

-Tim

Johnny Blaze
11-04-2011, 04:49 AM
Wouldn't it be easiyer and more econimical to buy one of the many subframe/ suspension packages that uses corvette stuff? Of course you would not have the torque tube, but is that really that much better?