PDA

View Full Version : Keisler-Tremic-TKO 600 Stuck in 5th ?

68/CamaroFL
10-19-2011, 05:18 AM
Was at the NSRA-Southeast Street Rod Nationals this past weekend and driving the "Evade" all three days back and forth from the house 45 minutes each way it was a great weekend and even took home a Award Pick of the Show presented by (ISCA) International Show Car Association. I was about 4 miles from the house went to down shift in fourth gear and would not go? had a serious grind trying to shift the shifter sounded like it was shifting in each gear however its fricking stuck in 5 gear had no other choice but to drive it home in 5th I now i burned the hell out of the clutch! but was able to make it home, on Monday morning called Keisler and left a voice mail for Shafi Keisler and e-mailed him since I bought the complete TKO-600 package from them its been three days and NO phone call! or NO e-mail what great service! :sleeping: need help?
Thanks,
Bill

68/CamaroFL
10-19-2011, 07:09 AM
Wow no reply?
Ive been Contemplating for the past 8mo swapping out the TKO and step up to the T-56.. Now since I will be changing the whole clutch it might be a no brainier any advice?

Mr Nick
10-19-2011, 06:29 PM
any advice?

Order from somebody else.

68/CamaroFL
10-20-2011, 04:38 AM
Order from somebody else.

Yea Nick,
My point for this post is that to let everyone know that Keisler's service is terrible sold me their complete TKO package and does not follow up! :ripped:

1969rs
10-20-2011, 01:01 PM
Give the guys at American Powertrain a call. They are an elite Tremec dealer and can hopefully give you some advice with your problem.

GMJim
10-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Was at the NSRA-Southeast Street Rod Nationals this past weekend and driving the "Evade" all three days back and forth from the house 45 minutes each way it was a great weekend and even took home a Award Pick of the Show presented by (ISCA) International Show Car Association. I was about 4 miles from the house went to down shift in fourth gear and would not go? had a serious grind trying to shift the shifter sounded like it was shifting in each gear however its fricking stuck in 5 gear had no other choice but to drive it home in 5th I now i burned the hell out of the clutch! but was able to make it home, on Monday morning called Keisler and left a voice mail for Shafi Keisler and e-mailed him since I bought the complete TKO-600 package from them its been three days and NO phone call! or NO e-mail what great service! :sleeping: need help?
Thanks,
Bill

Bill
Sounds like the 5th/reverse rail or lever is broken. Call me and I'll try to help you out.

Mr Nick
10-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Yea Nick,
My point for this post is that to let everyone know that Keisler's service is terrible sold me their complete TKO package and does not follow up! :ripped:

I feel your pain. For some reason I'm still waiting for the elusive RS600 to arrive. I should have cancelled it long ago...

68/CamaroFL
10-21-2011, 04:19 AM
Bill
Sounds like the 5th/reverse rail or lever is broken. Call me and I'll try to help you out.

Thanks Jim! I will call you Today
Many Thanks for the reply

68/CamaroFL
10-21-2011, 08:09 AM
Bill

Just got off the phone with Jim Goodlad W/Hurst Driveline Conversions what a great guy explained to me what i need to do to fix the problem and would help me during the repair Great service! :twothumbs

parsonsj
10-21-2011, 08:17 AM
Moved to Feedback section.