PDA

View Full Version : 68 bird with suspension problem

Ishmael
06-29-2005, 06:30 PM
My car used to sit real low and rubbed the inner edge of the tire when I cornered hard. I got a pst kit and put everything in but the a-arm bushings. I also put new coil springs in but they were for a pontiac 400 and there is a sbc in for the time being. Now the car is back up to proper height but the tires lean way in at the top (can't remember if that is caster or camber). I have had it to an alignment shop and they did what they could but it is still way out and rubs when I turn the wheel sharply. Anybody know what is causing it? How to fix it? I'm hoping it isn't the frame.

kamaroman68
06-30-2005, 03:23 AM
Its camber for the first part of your question. I would personally take it back to the alignment shop and have them take a look. Did you replace the ball joints?

Ishmael
07-01-2005, 12:40 PM
All the rubber suspension pieces (ball joints included) were replaced. The shop said they could get it only so far.

Hammered
07-02-2005, 05:50 PM
You may need to go with offset upper a-arm shafts, but if everything is new that shouldn't cause the problem you're having. I'd go back to the alignment shop first.

John