PDA

View Full Version : New member from NC with 79 SE TA

4birdman
06-29-2005, 06:24 PM
Yo guys. Just found my way over here. I'm currently building a 79 SE TA in pro-touring fashion. I've got a ton of weight off the front end, swapped in a built 400, am searching for a new 4-spd for it, and ma having some aluminum stuff made up for it as we speak.

It looks like crap, but as soon as I can push it out of the garage for better pictures I will. :)

JoshStratton
06-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Nice to see another 79 TA! Welcome!

Blue70
06-29-2005, 06:40 PM
Welcome!

Glad to see another 2nd gen here.
What part of NC?
Wilmington here. :icon996:

Get some pictures posted ASAP!

What have you done, and what are your plans?

formula
06-29-2005, 06:43 PM
cool. any chance you're comin down to the POCI show in greenville, SC?

Ralph LoGrasso
06-29-2005, 07:43 PM
Welcome aboard!

4birdman
06-30-2005, 02:58 AM
I'm in Greensboro now, moving to Raleigh this summer.

What I have done so far:
W72 400, .04 over, TRW slugs and engine kit, 6X4 heads, ported, 3-angled, milled, Edelbrock Performer intake, rebuilt Q-jet, Summit 282 cam, bling chrome oil pan. :P

Also yanked the inner fenders to fit bigger meats and shave some weight. Car won't be driven in the rain, so didn't really matter to me. Did some solid Aluminum body mounts too.

Sitting in my shed:
Herb Adams adjustable shocks, some interior and exterior replacment parts, Hedman headers, Autometer Phantom gauges, and having some stuff made now.

Once I get some more money:
Replace the blown Saginaw (yeah, stuipid PO screwed me on that one) with Super T-10, new steering box (mine makes noise), side dump exhaust, new Autometer tach and speedo, and nitrous plate system.

Car is a factory WS6, so it already handles pretty good. I'm actually having a whole front bumper support fabbed up at work out of aluminum. Figured it would take some weight off of the front end of the car, distribute weight better.

Wiring is fried so I'm running an auxiliary fuse block to power the engine and nitrous and things like that. Should have that next week sometime. And apparently my distributor is friend because I'm giving it power and still getting a no-spark situation. :(

Well, that's about it for my car!

I wish I could make the POCI show, but with moving and trying to sell the house and all, no way I could make it. :(

4birdman
06-30-2005, 03:34 AM
Oh yeah, I also have a pro-touring 98 Trans Am. Didn't even think of that until I was driving it to work today. :rotfl:

69boo307
06-30-2005, 05:44 AM
Durham, NC here... welcome to the board. Are you in CFB? Your username looks familiar

chufham
06-30-2005, 06:01 AM
Welcome to PT:headbang:

4birdman
06-30-2005, 08:26 AM
I used to post on CFB many years ago. I'm a GMMOC and Triad F-body member. Triad-F-body founder actually. :D