PDA

View Full Version : What do think this is worth?

tazzz25906112
10-02-2011, 11:40 AM
What do you think a 1970 Trans Am (currently "all" the right stuff is gone,,, basically a shell) is worth as a 1970 Trans Am pro-touring car..... Now understand the motor trans and rear is gone and the rest almost could be considered gone so it would consist of primarily Carbon panels and aftermarket/pro-touring parts :

-Full carbon front clip (Hood, fenders, inner wheel wells, cowl panel etc etc)
-new after market rad support
-1973 TA sub-frame from my white car with Ride Tech strong arms and triple adjustable coil overs
-1973 rear end from white car
-Wilwood brakes on four corners (6 pistons up front and 4 out back)
-70 400 stroked to 461ci with aluminum KRE high ports (new freshen up 0 miles)
-Full 1970 Firethorne burgundy deluxe firebird interior (sorta red burgundy color)
-4 speed Muncie 21
-set of either Rushford live wires or stock KN Ralley set on BFG's if they clear the brakes

The car would look like a stock-ish 70 TA paint scheme and we'd reverse out the carbon fiber for the edge of the stripes on the car.... So think White car with Blue and Black stripe in stock form,,,or in this case a White car with a clear carbon outer edge stripe and Candy Red to Bugundy fade on inside of stripes.....

The interior would look stock and other than the color changes the car would look relatively stock-ish in nature overall....

This would be all freshly done top to bottom,,, front to back,,, values????....

BuzzKillian
10-02-2011, 12:00 PM
I'm confused...Are you calling all the stock stuff "the right stuff"? It sounds like a complete car to me... (although I am probably not considered a purist)

tazzz25906112
10-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Yep most Trans Am guys consider the stock stuff right on a 1970 Trans Am being re-built....

The car would be a completely built out pro-touring version of a 1970 Trans am... everything would be fresh and ready to sell to a new owner that could simply jump in and drive away.... BTW I (like you) prefer Pro-touring builds but most TA guys get upset when using an original 1970 TA shell because they feel it should be brought back to stock show room condition....

4mul8ion
10-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Just to clarify, are you planning on keeping it as a roller with the carbon panels and engine or build as a driver that has a somewhat stock appearance?

4mul8ion
10-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Just to clarify, are you planning on keeping it as a roller with the carbon panels and engine or build as a driver that has a somewhat stock appearance?

Oops. Post above answers. Can't type fast enough.

tazzz25906112
10-02-2011, 12:22 PM
It would be a complete car inside and out capable of thrashing on to your hearts pleasure.....

tazzz25906112
10-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Well guys what do you think???? I'm far from sensitive and would really like to hear what you think it'd be worth???

BuzzKillian
10-02-2011, 01:05 PM
AH...I'll take the rushforths on the car.... 20k ... Where do I send the check?:smoke:

Seriously, I know what it takes to put one together. ( What I don't know is the cost of all that Carbon Fiber) I would think high 20s.

Flash68
10-02-2011, 01:08 PM
How nasty is that motor?

Rear suspension?

4mul8ion
10-02-2011, 01:18 PM
My confusion is whether you're asking about dollar amount with the build specs as listed or direction of greater value - sell as stock shell or modified protouring trans am.

tazzz25906112
10-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Rear suspension will be a "Ride Tech 4 link with their triple coil overs....

The motor is pretty darn nasty pump gas deal..... While it hasn't been on a dyno I would have to "very conservatively" guess mid-500 HP... It is a solid roller pump gas setup that I've spun well over the mid 6,000 RPM range on "more than a few" occasions... I figured I'd freshen it cause I'm placing a sick 474 canted valve motor in the 73 TA WarPath Light so this one can be gone through and slammed into a fresh car.....

BuzzKillian
10-02-2011, 01:24 PM
I might be a little low... It is certainlly going to be out of my league.

tazzz25906112
10-02-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm asking what you guys think the car would sell for as a "Pro-touring Trans Am" in this market all finished out/painted and ready to drive away 100% completely done????

NOT A TA
10-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Well guys what do you think???? I'm far from sensitive and would really like to hear what you think it'd be worth???

^^^ OK Here goes!!!

I wouldn't do it Albert. Just sell off all the pieces and save yourself the aggravation. You probably won't get out what you put in if you assemble it. Take a look at cars for sale now and what they actually sell for. Bargains a plenty

With the information given above you would be assembling a car that doesn't appeal to the market groups that would buy a complete car.

PT guy wants a modern drive train with overdrive and updated interior. The Pontiac engine & 4 speed really limits potential buyers.

Purists want original or reproduction. They don't want the carbon stuff and aftermarket parts.

Cruise night guy doesn't want to spend as much as you'd need to get for it and can buy a non numbers early 2nd gen TA for 8-15.

Track guy doesn't want the interior, wheels etc.

What if you just assembled it as a powerful, lightweight, HPDE track day type car without an interior, roll bar, or other creature comforts to get rid of the stuff you have and sell the interior to a purist? Someone might pick it up to use for vintage racing or something like that. In my opinion you need to build it to suit a certain buying group. My guess on what you described above would be 10-25 grand depending on the execution IF you can find the right buyer.

tazzz25906112
10-02-2011, 01:29 PM
;-) that's ok Buzz I appreciate the impute bud...

tazzz25906112
10-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Cool John that is an interesting approach and likely good advise... Maybe an LS2 type conversion would be better suited to the build....

Flash68
10-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Cool John that is an interesting approach and likely good advise... Maybe an LS2 type conversion would be better suited to the build....

I myself love the carbed nasty solid roller motors. And I know you do too. Your white car had the nastiest sounding motor short of that blue race truck there at RTTC.

But I think if this is a spec car to sale, then yes I would throw and LS motor in it as well.

4mul8ion
10-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Sorry for being way slow on the uptake.

I would agree x10 with what John said. Perhaps a few pics of what you have now would help find the right buyer for what you have in mind and can personalize it. I personally would stick with the Pontiac motor and put an OD trans on it, but that's me.

Kevin

tazzz25906112
10-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Flash that is the motor I'm considering utilizing for this car..... The car would be built out of all the extra stuff I have right now.